Class A State pairings

greenwheel

Guess the last time I will post on the girls board for the year since my Lady Falcons lost today. Tough way to go out by 1 point in overtime. Missed too many free throws and shot terrible from 3 point range(something like 3-16). Carnation and TT got very little help from anyone else they had 34 of the 38 points at one time. Great year ladies keep your heads up and the good thing is that everyone returns next year.

Most of what I know about Middle and West Tennessee is previous state visits and CoachT. I knew that Lake County was the favorite, but I was glad to see that North Greene was being overlooked. These girls are real and I'm proud to say they are from Greene County. Last year, Greene County had three teams in the at state. Greeneville and South Greene in AA and NG in A. This year SG lost in overtime at Substate and Greeneville made it too regionals along with another Greene County school, Chuckey-Doak. All three of these AA teams are the real deal and North Greene beat CD twice, SG once and GHS once. Their losses came to SG twice, GHS once, and other very good teams. I knew these girls would come in with a shot to possibly win it all. I know that T.T. Flowers was off, but so was Mariah Britton. Mariah was the runner up highest scorer in Greene averaging over 20 points, she couldn't hit many of her shots today. If she brings it like I know she can, Loretto will have their hands full. Mindy McNeese is a Freshman who plays like a Senior and she will definitely be a factor along with Laiken Morrow and Haley Vaughn. These girls play like a team and have a terrific coach. It takes a team to win the game, and North Greene has the ability. All of us at South Greene are cheering you on girls...play like we know you can.

Gotta love that middle tennessee has 2 teams in the final 4, especially with them both being from 12A. The almight JC and LC are both gone and that leaves it more wide open than ever. I am pulling for a WC/Loretto 5th game to decide the season series.

It would be great for that to go down. But WC has a tough game against an undefeated Scotts Hill, and Loretto has to play North Greens who just knocked off who I thought to be the favorite in Lake Co.

Edited by akaGlazed

When I saw the pairings I thought it would be a brave soul that tried to pick winners in this tournament. PTGUARD12 was on the same page I was. The teams are too evenly matched this year with the intangibles too great. Does Coach Byrd retiring give WC added drive to get the job done? Could Coach Brown's experience overcome Loretto talent (not this time). Lake Co can be lights out or flop (flopped this time but might win it all next year). After watching the first round with only 4 teams left, I think a coin flip or a crystal ball might be a better forecaster of who wins next than trying to pick based on the first game results!!??

Anyone want to forecast the state champ? You have one chance in four of being correct. Anyhow, I've nothing better to do so I'll make my predictions with the help of my trusty good luck 50 cent piece.

Loretto over North Greene

WC over Scott's Hill

WC wins the tie breaker with Loretto in the finals.

If anyone thinks I'm going to strongly defend these picks, start blowing away and expect silence on my part.

It's fun when it is this wide open!!!

When I saw the pairings I thought it would be a brave soul that tried to pick winners in this tournament. PTGUARD12 was on the same page I was. The teams are too evenly matched this year with the intangibles too great. Does Coach Byrd retiring give WC added drive to get the job done? Could Coach Brown's experience overcome Loretto talent (not this time). Lake Co can be lights out or flop (flopped this time but might win it all next year). After watching the first round with only 4 teams left, I think a coin flip or a crystal ball might be a better forecaster of who wins next than trying to pick based on the first game results!!??

Anyone want to forecast the state champ? You have one chance in four of being correct. Anyhow, I've nothing better to do so I'll make my predictions with the help of my trusty good luck 50 cent piece.

Loretto over North Greene

WC over Scott's Hill

WC wins the tie breaker with Loretto in the finals.

If anyone thinks I'm going to strongly defend these picks, start blowing away and expect silence on my part.

It's fun when it is this wide open!!!

I agree. I think any one of the 4 teams left could win it all and there should be two really great Class a games to watch on Friday. As for my prediction, I think:

Loretto wins over North Greene by 8

Scotts Hill wins over Wayne Co by 3

Scotts Hill wins Championship (by 4) and finishes the year undefeated.

• Upvote 1

I agree that there are four good teams left, but Scotts Hill is my favorite to win it all. The Scotts Hill girls are playing their best ball of the year right now, getting all the girls involved on the offensive end. I watched the Loretto/Jackson County game, and was really disappointed in both teams. Neither have the kind of offensive firepower that Scotts Hill possesses.

I haven't seen Wayne County play this year, but considering they lost to Loretto twice this season, I don't really see them as a threat to Scotts Hill. Granted, Loretto may have had an off day, but I doubt this considering they won the game. I don't think any team is good enough to have an off game and win in the State Tournament, the competition is just too good.

As of now I see North Greene as Scotts Hill's best competition. That doesn't mean I think they can beat Scotts Hill, because I don't. When they played Cosby earlier this season, they barely snuck out of there with the 5 point win. Scotts Hill just beat Cosby by 24 points, and they played their subs the whole 4th quarter. The Scotts Hill students were expecting to hit the mercy rule of 35 points at one time.

To sum it all up, if the Scotts Hill girls play the way they did against Cosby on Wednesday, nobody in the state can beat them.