Jackson County vs Loretto

Huh? Didn't this team have a boat load of seniors last season and win a state championship? Don't really have to be close to the situation to know things are going pretty well at JC. Taking shots at Coach Brown and state champion girls seems pretty dumb. Hope your second post on this site contains some intelligence.

Second quote: YES, Jackson County has an excellent girls basketball coach, and YES they won the State Championship last year, YES, last year they had some Senior players. YES, I think they could have won the game against Loretta as easily as they happen to lose. AND, unfortunately, YES the rest of my statement stands as TRUTH. Sorry if that happens to hurt your feelings..........

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Loretto,Wayne Co,Scotts Hill etc but I think Lake Co will be the team to beat next year.Lost in overtime in a game should have won..but I agree they didn't ..But that same team that beat Lake Co put a whiiping on the team that beat yall handidly.Jackson Co may do well against teams that play half court games but fast teams will run them ragged.Way too slow.The big girl had better lose a lot of weight.Looked to me like she was barely getting around..like maybe some leg problems.She's going to score some points down low because she is so big and if a team decides to let Jackson Co set up on defense,then her size could be a problem,but a true running team will have their way.

LC finishes with scores in the 40's way to often to think you can gonna run anybody out of the gym. This JC team with no seniors beat Livingston and Upperman twice and nearly took down Wilson Central. They had a bad game. Nothing more. Three of the top five teams in Class A will be playing in district 7A next year so they won't have an easy time getting back to state, but if they do good luck catching them on an off day again.

I don't know about Loretto,Wayne Co,Scotts Hill etc but I think Lake Co will be the team to beat next year.Lost in overtime in a game should have won..but I agree they didn't ..But that same team that beat Lake Co put a whiiping on the team that beat yall handidly.Jackson Co may do well against teams that play half court games but fast teams will run them ragged.Way too slow.The big girl had better lose a lot of weight.Looked to me like she was barely getting around..like maybe some leg problems.She's going to score some points down low because she is so big and if a team decides to let Jackson Co set up on defense,then her size could be a problem,but a true running team will have their way.

The girl you speak of, that you refer to as slow, happen to loose her father. He passed away just a couple weeks before the game. Perhaps, she wasn't at the top of game physically or mentally. Think before you speak, these are teenagers, and you obviously didn't know "the rest of the story".

and the other went on to beat RBS in Softball and Volleyball.

Please tell me who went on to beat RBS in softball? Since Jackson County came down to Single A RBS has definately beaten JC more times they've beaten RBS in softball, mostly by the run rule. In the last 2 years RBS is 5-1 against Jackson County with all 5 wins being by run rule, and the 1 time JC did beat RBS it was a fluke. If RBS was still in 7a RBS would win it easily...

I watched the video and Jackson Co. did look slow, almost like this was a scrimmage and not the biggest game of the year. Of course they'll be back...the Upper Cumberland's 7A & 8A getting blitzed (except for Cannon Co) will give all the teams incentive next year. This was only the second time in the last 20-30 years a team from the Upper Cumberland wasn't in the finals of one of the classes. This might include boys too, so LA or Clay Co. might do it. I think the comment about the girl's weight was uncalled for, but I do hope they work with her to be in better shape...not for basketball, but for good health throughout her lifetime. Give her credit, there is out there playing, practicing and not sitting around. They will be back next year...no doubt about it.

Edited by bobcatfan300

I watched the video and Jackson Co. did look slow, almost like this was a scrimmage and not the biggest game of the year. Of course they'll be back...the Upper Cumberland's 7A & 8A getting blitzed (except for Cannon Co) will give all the teams incentive next year. This was only the second time in the last 20-30 years a team from the Upper Cumberland wasn't in the finals of one of the classes. This might include boys too, so LA or Clay Co. might do it. I think the comment about the girl's weight was uncalled for, but I do hope they work with her to be in better shape...not for basketball, but for good health throughout her lifetime. Give her credit, there is out there playing, practicing and not sitting around. They will be back next year...no doubt about it.

In the past eight years the Class A state champion has been from 7A 50% of the time, Clarkrange twice and Jackson County twice. 7A will be back next year.