LCHS.......SCARED?????

jacob

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Lydon Bergin, I am a senior and I play for Summertown High School. I'm definately not afraid to play Lawrence County High and I never have been. I played AAU ball with Tucker, Mitch, Josh, all of those guys. I am a year younger and I could hold my own. I would put my guys on the floor against anybody and we would have a chance to win. I don't care if LCHS is rebuilding or what, they're still talking smack to all of us up here at Summertown, because they know they won't have to play us. I know a lot of those guys on Lawrence County's team and they've said themselves they couldn't hang with us. I wouldn't have been scared to play them last year when they had the "State Tournament Team" Can anybody even remember the last time they've been to the state tournament????? How can anybody say that LCHS has a tougher program than us??? The senior's on that team are the same guys that didn't play us when we were killing everybody in Jr. High..... I guess they just can't shake the fear. I'm not trying to down LCHS too bad, but boys.... and that's what y'all are, just because you're not going to have to face us doesn't give you a liscense to come around acting all bad. As for night's off, there is not a district in Tennessee where you have to play harder every night to win. We don't have those teams that never win a district game like y'all are going to be this year gettin stomped every night. GOOD DAY!!!

Well.....I am also from Stown and none of us are afraid of the "Wildcats". We have tried for the last couple of years to play LCHS. Most of these guys are the same ones who wouldnt play us in middle school when they played at coffman. We'll play anywhere, we can play one game.....at LCHS if that is how you want it. That way there will be no excuses from them when we beat them on their own floor, because it will not be us doing the excuse making. And as for the team that works harder.....I dont even think that needs to be mentioned. Because anybody that has ever been associated with SHS bball will tell you the tradition of hard work here. And if you dont believe that then just ask the guys who played for us at the first of the summer and have moved down there. Ask them. See what they have to say....One played for us last year and he will tell you just like he has told me.

i just left you a post on football now i see where you have posted over here ,at 4:25 yesterday you were here why are you not on the fooball field practicing.then you posted today and so did summertown 52 surely your teachers are not allowing this.hope you don't get caught. have a good day

My name is Cody Braden and i go to Summertown also and i live in Lawrenceburg and i play ball there as a frashman and i went to Coffman Middle School last year and i've played aau with everybody from lawrence county and those only a several few who are any good but i think we would kill yall.I made a choice this past year of goin to LCHS or SHS and i picked Summertown because Lawrence County is nothing but pollitics and hippicrits.Why did Boone get cut he was one of tha best out there.Any of tha LCHS players could never handle the practices we go through.I played ball at Coffman and know how LCHS coaches are.Well if our fun day thing is so crappy then why is Giles County in it??????? Well all i got to say is that yall couldnt beat us GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

In 1995 Lawrence County had a season they could really brag about. They won the State Tournament. Well, not really it was just the District Tournament, but we can pretend. This LCHS team was loaded with talent. They had players like Cederic Wallace (CBA), Kevin Bradly (CoSCC), Ben Spry, Russel Gallin, Walt Smith, Paul Bradly and others. This team only managed to squeeze out of the "Pit" with a 2 point victory that year.

This was a rebuilding year for Summertown, I guess. The previous year Summertown had reached the Final Four in the (real)TSSAA State Tournament. In 1996 the next year, Summertown put two thumpings on the LCHS Wildkittens. Later that year, Summertown advanced to another TSSAA State Tournament appearance. This resulted in LCHS dropping the Eagles from their schedule. Then in 1997 the two teams met again in the Old District Jamboree at LCHS. The Summertown Eagles in their second game of the afternoon faced off against a well rested LCHS team. LCHS was able take the win in the final seconds. This was the highlight of another mediocre LCHS season. Since then, the coaches and administration of LCHS shy away from any talk of re-kindling the old grudge match. It is very simple

Summertown= Tradition.

LCHS=Talk!

Look, I don't care what u guys so, cuz its all talk, yall can talk this, and yall can talk that, the fact of the matter is this, u'r flatterin u'rselves w/ this stuff about lchs bein scared. The fact that yall would even consider trashin us is ridiculous. All this crap yall are talkin is really pushin me to the point of i'd be willin to go down to H*ll and beat yall, thats right, beat yall, if it would shut you up. I'm willin to play n e where boys, to heck w/ the administrators and coaches, do we really need there permission for us to play yall, i know of several places to play. And lydon, congratulations on "holdin u'r own" w/ josh, and mitch and the others durin the summer, us at lchs have done it for 2 and 3 years, day in and day out, in practice. As for summertown in the state tourney, gee don't i wish we got to play teams like Forrest night in and night out. The shameful part is that summertown loses a great deal of those games. Don't get me wrong there are some, emphasis on some, good single a teams, but most of em are horrible. Do u guys think yall could hang in w/ the likes of columbia, as we have done? In fact we have beaten columbia twice in the last 2 years, the only team in our district to do so, and i know u gusy don't think yall can. Its nice to see freshmen cody braden talkin stuff, i swear i remember kit hartsfield, and a guy by the name of broady clanton, who is an 8th grader this year, takin u to skool and makin u look awful in the county tourney last year, must rub off on u when u go north to summertown, u immediately think u'r good. As for work ethic, i don't guess i've ever seen n e of u guys at our practices, so i guess yall wouldn't know how hard we work, funny yall think yall are God and that u'r all knowin or something. And as for lchs bein talk, mebbe u guys should take a look at the person that started this post, he isn't from lchs, we tend to concentrate on our regular season schedule, and the not game that we play in bed at night while we're dreamin, knowin that in reality this is a game u could never win. As for Summertown bein tradition, u'r prolly right, they traditionally talk a lot of crap and back absolutely none of it up, boy, i wish i could be a part of such tradition. Wildcats, we should look at such stuff and laugh, this is what happens when u start puttin ideas into ppl heads long enuff, they actually start to believe they lies that they've been told.

this is brandon self and i am the one who started this whole thing and i just wanted to see some different points of view. i didnt mean to start anything bad but i know how all of yall lburg people like to run yalls mouth. and as a matter of fact i think we have tried to get a game up with yall for a few years now. and we wanted to play yall last year but we never got the chance to so dont think this is just a one time thing just cuz they have a better team than yall do. and the play day that stown is having has a bunch of good teams it..for instance(mba,giles co,hillsboro and antioch) so quit using that as an excuse for not coming cuz of lack of talent...good day

Posted by jacob:

this is brandon self and i am the one who started this whole thing and i just wanted to see some different points of view. i didnt mean to start anything bad but i know how all of yall lburg people like to run yalls mouth. and as a matter of fact i think we have tried to get a game up with yall for a few years now. and we wanted to play yall last year but we never got the chance to so dont think this is just a one time thing just cuz they have a better team than yall do. and the play day that stown is having has a bunch of good teams it..for instance(mba,giles co,hillsboro and antioch) so quit using that as an excuse for not coming cuz of lack of talent...good day

Brandon, i've known u for a few years, so i'm gonna assume that u sayin that they have a better team than us wuz a mistake, becuz i know that u'r much smarter than that. As for the teams u named comin to u'r play day, only giles co is good, antioch is nothin w/ out moore, i mean they've been eliminanated 1st round of district tourney 2 years in a row w/ him. But honestly, summertown a better team than us, u must have forgot to take u'r sane pill tonight, so i'll forgive u for that crazy crap u said, and trust me, us lburg ppl don't talk crap, and if we do, we don't direct it towards yall, trust me, we have real teams to worry bout playin. Have a nice day.

When McBee was at S'town I know the Eagles won some of those contests. They were great games. Just because a town is small doesn't mean they can't compete with the bigger schools. I watched Hoosiers haven't you L'burg folks? The statement about the Burg talking crap well if you don't call it that then how about smak. I think last year Fred Sparkman from Ctown had listened to a little too much of it and heard he handled it in his own way which resulted in a whine from the L'burg player and a tech on him . L'town I must admit have loyal fans which is great. But for many many years SOME of their players and fans have sure acted like crap. Especially to the smaller towns around. You also have a new coach from Summertown . Ask him about his games and the attitudes that he got from the Burg.

this is cody braden again and i know i said some things that i shouldnt hav and it was all based on my opinion and tha reason i'm writin this is because i still have friends that go to lawrence county and i've known them all my life so thats why.But thats the reason i dont go there because of pollitics.But i still think we can beat yall