LCHS.......SCARED?????

jacob

Posted by codak:

this is cody braden again and i know i said some things that i shouldnt hav and it was all based on my opinion and tha reason i'm writin this is because i still have friends that go to lawrence county and i've known them all my life so thats why.But thats the reason i dont go there because of pollitics.But i still think we can beat yall

Well cody, i'm glad to have u'r opinion, after all this is an opinion board, and all this is based on opinion, cuz for whatever reason, our teams will most likely not play this year, but if we did, i'm quite positive yall woulnd't beat us, and if by some miracle yall did, i'm sure it would be no thanks to u. Mebbe u should stop u'r mouth from writin checks that u'r teammates would have to be the ones to cash.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that yall aren't going to take this back to middle school are you. Summertown ppl just don't get it. You play a year at single a and you play a year at aaa and i promise that the ppl that went to the single a school are going to be way behind the ppl at the aaa school. Some aaa teams play JV schedules that have better competetion then a Varsity single a schedule. Oh yeah yall are going to witness some aaa teams at your play day and they are down also down this year. You are going to see the competetion level of aaa teams. When Hampshire, Sante Fe, and Perry Co. are off your schedule and Columbia is then you come talking, but until then please keep it Quiet on here. It is giving me a headache to think that yall can even compete with AAA.

Guest surething

Listen, in all actuality, what does it matter that L'burg is a AAA school and S'town is just A. You know, you can't always determine a games outcome by the size of the schools. I mean, all you have to do is go back and look at past games in which smaller schools have actually won. Sure L'burg is bigger and they do play larger schools, but what does it matter. If you didn't know, Summertown plays some of the exact same schools during the summer, and doesn't back down from any of them. Just because L'burg is larger does that mean that they're gonna play harder, or fight for every loose ball like it could determine the outcome of the game. Well, i guess there would only be one way to find that out. Evertime these two schools have ever played it always turns out to be a hard fought game, no matter what the outcome. You just assume that since S'town is smaller, they can't play with "the big boys". Why dont you give them a chance to show you what hard work can do for a team. Listen, we know that LCHS says its not that they're scared to lose, but that they have nothing to gain. Why is that? Seems like the majority of the games in the past have been pretty close to me, with Summertown winning their share of them. In any case, them being a AAA school doesn't seem like a good enough reason. Let the guys settle it on the court, and don't hide behind your lame excuses. GOOD DAY

Guest CMan0690
Posted by surething:

Listen, in all actuality, what does it matter that L'burg is a AAA school and S'town is just A. You know, you can't always determine a games outcome by the size of the schools. I mean, all you have to do is go back and look at past games in which smaller schools have actually won. Sure L'burg is bigger and they do play larger schools, but what does it matter. If you didn't know, Summertown plays some of the exact same schools during the summer, and doesn't back down from any of them. Just because L'burg is larger does that mean that they're gonna play harder, or fight for every loose ball like it could determine the outcome of the game. Well, i guess there would only be one way to find that out. Evertime these two schools have ever played it always turns out to be a hard fought game, no matter what the outcome. You just assume that since S'town is smaller, they can't play with "the big boys". Why dont you give them a chance to show you what hard work can do for a team. Listen, we know that LCHS says its not that they're scared to lose, but that they have nothing to gain. Why is that? Seems like the majority of the games in the past have been pretty close to me, with Summertown winning their share of them. In any case, them being a AAA school doesn't seem like a good enough reason. Let the guys settle it on the court, and don't hide behind your lame excuses. GOOD DAY

As I remeber last year at the BGA summer league it was LCHS that had the undefeated record up there and as I recall SHS got beat by the some of the same teams. I think it was whites creek who beat SHS by like 30 or so and then LCHS beat them by 23. And I remember a couple of years ago when SHS had their "state tourniment" team and LCHS and SHS scrimmaged that year and GUESS WHAT LCHS won that scrimmage by 12. . . .so I am guessin if LCHS can beat ya'lls best team what makes u think u they can't beat the one they've got now? :confused:

[Edited by CMan0690 on 10-14-02 1:05A]

Look quit mouthing about summer league games that don't mean a thing. Weak teams can go undefeated in the summer and not make it out of their region. If you want something to mouth about look at the history of the rilvary. You will find that Summertown has won about half of the games and Lawrenceburg has won the other half. It sounds like a good match up. The only problem is Summertown has only about one third of the number of kids in their school. The fact that Summertown is able to compete with Lawrenceburg is embarassing to all of those big headed, big talkers from Lawrenceburg. You are right it shouldn't happen, but it does so either learn to work or learn to live with it. Wait you do have a third option continue to pretend that it is Summertown who won't schedule a game.

it's pretty funny to me how you talk about the summer two years ago but don't mention this summer. If i remember correctly and i was at the games, week in, week out y'all took a thumpin while summertown was handing them out. The funny thing really is that summertown still has some starters and people who played on that team, but LCHS has lost everything. And primetimeplaya, i know who you are, don't look at losing every football game as a bad thing...its just getting you ready for the upcoming basketball season..have a great day

Posted by jacob:

it's pretty funny to me how you talk about the summer two years ago but don't mention this summer. If i remember correctly and i was at the games, week in, week out y'all took a thumpin while summertown was handing them out. The funny thing really is that summertown still has some starters and people who played on that team, but LCHS has lost everything. And primetimeplaya, i know who you are, don't look at losing every football game as a bad thing...its just getting you ready for the upcoming basketball season..have a great day

Well i'm jolly glad u know who i am, and if u wanna try to insult me in football, try again, i'm only 3rd in the midstate in receivin, which would mean i'm leadin my region, so don't even try talkin stuff about that man, u'r not half the athlete i am, thats just sumpin u'r gonna have to live w/, and as for bball, u'll recall lchs only had all of there players on a couple of occasions, and i believe they won them games, and wait i do remember watchin summertown lose to BGA'S JV. HAHAHAHAHAHA, don't i wish we ran around losin to people's jv teams and still runnin our mouths, yall must have a class at summertown called trash talk 101 or sumpin, cuz yall talk plenty, but never back n e thing up.

Guest CMan0690
Posted by jacob:

I find it kinda pointless for some weak dude to talk crap when he hasn't stepped foot on a football field because his school is too small and WEAK to have one. . . .and as for basketball since the season hasn't started I don't c how either side can argue because neither have played n e regular season games yet. . .I personally think both teams should play each other so both sides would either put up or shut up.

ok mr football, im jolly glad to hear about your impressive accomplishment in football. i wasnt downing anybody i was just trying to make a point. so if your such the athlete you think you are then try to lead your basketball team in the same direction as your football team. which by the looks of things that is where yall are headed.......good day

If you will go back and read these posts you will see why these two schools do not play each other. Each time we have tried the kids act like kids and the adults act like kids. Neither can ever act like teenagers and adults. That goes for both Lawrence County fans and Summertown fans.

This could be a great rivalry once again. Many schools around the state have rivalries just as intense that don't end with problems and both schools blaming the other for those problems. Ever so often both schools decide to try again and the problems are the same. If we could play this game on a neutral court and not allow anyone into the gym but the players, coaches, and officials then maybe, just maybe, you could pull it off.

Some day I am sure we will try it again. Maybe the next time we can just play basketball and leave the feuding behind.

b>My name is Tommy Brock. I replied to this message because i would have to say i would support SHS Because of the known fact that i have of there hard work on and off the court. I plwas on lchs's freshamn team my freshamn year up till november of that year and when i i tried out for the summertown team this past summer i never relized how hard those guys work and the post lydon bergin wrote is nothing but the truth. Summertown could hold there own on the court with lchs and prob would be winner of the 2 teams. I also support cody bradens post also. He is right LCHS is nothin but a bunch of critics and politics, but dont get me wrong i know there are some guys on lchs that are good and talent like chris harsfield and eric johnson that im friends with but when you put in the team effort on the court all my support goes to summertown in the long run.