Wayne County vs North Greene

mas1821

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure who the guard wa scoring all of the points for north Green but she was terrific.

Mariah Britton was a super star in the A championship game! We in upper East TN are proud of the showing of North Greene this season and they were so close to the gold ball. Congratulations!

Wow! Congratulations to Coach Byrd and the Ladycats!!! State Champions!!! This was such an exciting game and both teams played great! Today was a great day to be a Wayne County Supporter.... State Champs and Carly Daniel was honored with Ms. Basketball, and Coach Byrd says goodbye with another Gold Ball and a final win! What a way to go out with an unbelievable career! Thanks Coach Byrd

You are so right Bigtymer. What a career and way to go out for the old Sly Fox Byrd. Do you think he will really hang up the whistle? It will be strange to see someone else patrolling the sideline for the Lady Cats.

What a GREAT game! If you were an uninterested party and a bball fan you hated to see that game end. It was a shootout and both teams left it all on the floor! N. Greene you are a great team, well coached, great fans! Congrats to my Wayne Co. Lady Cats and Coach Byrd!

I was there to watch the AA game but arrived early and got to watch the entire A game, and what a game it was! I have to admit I was pulling for North Greene since I'm originally from a neighboring county. I thought the officiating was terrible....probably with more bad calls against NG, but WC got their share of ineptness, too. Anyone know why NG's Coach got a T?

I really admired the grit of NG's much smaller squad as they fought back twice from sizeable double-digit defictits, but I also admire WC for not totally losing their composure when the "mo" had swung and they lost their lead.

Definitely the best game at the 'boro yesterday between two well-coached teams......with both very deserving to be there.

You are so right Bigtymer. What a career and way to go out for the old Sly Fox Byrd. Do you think he will really hang up the whistle? It will be strange to see someone else patrolling the sideline for the Lady Cats.

Congratulations to the Lady Cats of Waynesboro in bringing home another Gold Ball and I sure hate to see Coach Byrd hang up the whistle but going out on Top is Well Deserved! We were cheering for yall over in PC!

Congratulations to the Lady Cats of Waynesboro in bringing home another Gold Ball and I sure hate to see Coach Byrd hang up the whistle but going out on Top is Well Deserved! We were cheering for yall over in PC!

Thanks for the support and kind words Viking97! Folks in Wayne Co. are pulling for your guys this week! Let's make it an all District 12a year!!!!!

Thanks for the support and kind words Viking97! Folks in Wayne Co. are pulling for your guys this week! Let's make it an all District 12a year!!!!!

Your welcome and I have a lot of friends from Wayne County and am proud yall made us all in 12A Proud ! I hope we can make it home with another Gold Ball as well too! Thanks for yalls support as well!

As a Wayne Co. player was being trapped near the W.C. bench, she stepped half a foot out of bounds. North Greene bench erupted. Next trip down a North Greene guard was fouled from behind causing a turnover. North Greene's coach told the ref "that is a foul" and was given a technical.

Please don't go there. This was a GREAT hard fought game by both teams. Did we have the best officiating? NO! Bad calls BOTH ways. And many NO calls, again BOTH ways. N. Greene wasn't beat by the officials in the end, on that particular day Wayne Co. was just a little bit better. I'm quite sure you guys will be back next year and if we aren't then I wish you good luck!