Hampton vs. Summertown

bulldog50

Tthe will to win.....that is what it is gong to take for either team to pull this out. You can never underestimate players that have been to this level before and fell short. Tthe senior class from Summertown is hungry for this and I believe that is what carries them through the first round. Summertown in a close one:

Summertown 56

Hampton 50

well i've been silent on making any picks so far, but i suppose no better time than the present, i'll give in and take Hampton in the first round game, just seems like a good match up for you guys and honestly, they have impressed me this year, however ill still argue to the death anyone who dare say Hughes is better than Aaron Dugger or that this team is better than the Unaka State title team :thumb: ,but thats neither here nor there what matters is wednesday and i believe Hampton has the guns to take it tomorrow.

As for Cloudland, i think your chances are better than i orginally thought, but im just gonna have to lean towards Middleton on this one although i will not be shocked if both CC teams advance to the semis.

Good luck to Hampton and Cloudland from Stoney Creek either of you win and ill make the trip Friday.

Edited by creekerballer

I'm gonna have to say Hampton wins this one. Every team we've went up against has had a problem trying to defend Nathaniel AND Dylan - along with Jacob and James...not to forget other key players.

I don't see Summertown having the talent that would be required to guard all 5 of our players that will be on the court. Someone is going to be left open at virtually all times, especially if Summertown plays tight on Nathaniel OR Dylan. I've been in contact with a few of the players, filling them in on what I can...

Good luck to both teams either way.

Hampton by 12+

Summertown WILL play those 2 guys tight, as well as anyone else on the floor. They've played a tough schedule and know how to defend multiple scorers.

I expect a close, low scoring game in the 50's. Halftime score may be 21-18 due to nerves and adjusting to the shooting background. Murphy Center is tough if you've never played in there.

Good luck Summertown, I'm picking you 55-52.

I have seen both Summertown and Hampton...

I will give the edge to Summertown by 6 because:

Experience playing in the tournament; the glass house is difficult to shoot in at 10AM due to sunlight

Experienced guard play

Controlled tempo team; can run well, but knows when to slow it down (mentally tough)

Should be a good game..., but I also do not see either of these teams beating LC or CSAS in the second...

Good luck to all Class A teams...

I am considering going up early to catch this one. It looks like a great match up early on and I will be pulling for the eagles of S'town. I hope for a injury free game for both teams and you both have a lot to be proud of win or lose! From a Perry co fan good luck to both teams and go eagles!

Good luck to the Dawgs in M'boro from Etown. I haven't seen S'Town play but I seriously doubt they have played a tougher out of conference schedule than Hampton.

but, did hampton play as tough an in conference schedule as summertown? anyone can play and beat a good team every once in a while, not everyone can beat them game in and game out.

but, did hampton play as tough an in conference schedule as summertown? anyone can play and beat a good team every once in a while, not everyone can beat them game in and game out.

Not familiar with S'Town conference so I don't know. While Hampton's conference is somewhat weak overall, it does include Cloudland who is a state quarter-finalist as well this year. I've said many times that teams have no control over their conference schedule. All a coach/team can do is play those games and schedule as tough of out of conference schedule as possible to prepare for the post season. I'd say Hampton has done that with very good results. Regardless, every team is 0-0 now. They are about to settle it on the court...