Class A Girls favorites for next season?

maddiemay

Jim Brown is a good coach but he's not even the best coach in his district let alone the state. He is blessed with a huge pool of talent to draw from, much larger than most other Class A teams so they should be good.

Someone from JC may correct me, but when he took over the job in Jackson County it was struggling big time and now he is going to state tournament after state tournament, playing in state championships every few years, and bring home a gold ball every few years. When you have a reputation of winning people seek you out and want to play for you. Whether you want to admit or not he is a great coach and one of the best in the state...

Someone from JC may correct me, but when he took over the job in Jackson County it was struggling big time and now he is going to state tournament after state tournament, playing in state championships every few years, and bring home a gold ball every few years. When you have a reputation of winning people seek you out and want to play for you. Whether you want to admit or not he is a great coach and one of the best in the state...

There are some tallented kids going into middle shool now, that are daughters of Jim's former players. :flower: Some of these kids are granddaughters or related to players that were on that undefeated team and runner up the next year from the early 70s. And yes, the Jackson Co. program was the doormat of the District before Jim took over. :ph34r:

Edited by jimbo44

Didn't say he wasn't a great coach, obviously he is but he does what he should be doing with the talent pool he draws from. JC is by far the largest shool in D7 so it would be shocking if they weren't at the top or close to the top of the district every year. IMO he is not the best coach in the district when you have one at Clarkrange closing in on 1000 victories, has won 8 state championships, inducted into the Hall of Fame, etc. all at a school with barely over 200 students enrolled. Best is subjective anyway so I'll withdraw my comment about who's the best and just say that Brown is not the most accomplished coach in D7. IMO D7 has three of the best coaches in the state with Rogers, Brown, and Joe at Clay County.

Edited by Hardcourt

Didn't say he wasn't a great coach, obviously he is but he does what he should be doing with the talent pool he draws from. JC is by far the largest shool in D7 so it would be shocking if they weren't at the top or close to the top of the district every year. IMO he is not the best coach in the district when you have one at Clarkrange closing in on 1000 victories, has won 8 state championships, inducted into the Hall of Fame, etc. all at a school with barely over 200 students enrolled. Best is subjective anyway so I'll withdraw my comment about who's the best and just say that Brown is not the most accomplished coach in D7. IMO D7 has three of the best coaches in the state with Rogers, Brown, and Joe at Clay County.

Jim Brown hasn't been coaching as long as the other 2, and he won state championships when Jackson County was one of the smallest 2a schools in the state. Right now I would say Lamar Rogers is probably the best because of his tract record, but as Jim Brown gets older and has more years coaching I would expect his and Lamar's record be close to the same...

Jim Brown hasn't been coaching as long as the other 2, and he won state championships when Jackson County was one of the smallest 2a schools in the state. Right now I would say Lamar Rogers is probably the best because of his tract record, but as Jim Brown gets older and has more years coaching I would expect his and Lamar's record be close to the same...

Good point regarding JC being one of the smallest 2A schools and still winning state titles. I didn't even think of that but it's true. I concur with everything you said. Lamar Rogers is certainly the most accomplished Class A coach in the state but I can't argue that Jim Brown won't at least equal those accomplishments himself provided he stays put.

• 4 months later...

I didn't see Jackson Co there either.Lake Co didn't get beat by 20 points.I really thought last years Lake Co team was better than this years team but still thought this years team had a chance.Missed way too many free throws.The big girl is going to have to lose a lot of weight.She will be a load against Lake Co on the offensive end but she was still in the back court in most of the game that I saw her.She's be fine if Lake Co plays the slow game like they did at the stste which amazed me.I saw plenty of times,Lake Co could have pushed the ball only to have T.T. walk the ball up the court.If Lake Co runs,the big girl will give up too many layups to Carnation Hart.I was impressed more by Loretto than Jackson Co.

You should really watch what you say about a 16 year old girl on here.

You should really watch what you say about a 16 year old girl on here.

I never said anything bad.There are a lot of big girls acroos the stste.Would say the same thing if it were my daughter.She's talented but cant run the floor like the other girls.Nothing wrong with that.she has her strengths and will be a handful on the offensive end and Lake Co having to guard her.I just think it was wrong for the coach to have her out at the end of the game last year at the half court trying to chase the ball against a much quicker player.That would be like her trying to guard TT on a press and keep T.T. from bringing the ball up the court.Not going to happen.But she was giving an all out effort.Just that the coach left her out to dry.The game was over and should have held her back.The whole gym saw that.I had several around me that commented on it,people that I didnt know.She is awesome.Just that she has her strengths which looks to be very strong and will be a hand full once she sets up on offense or defense.But when it comes to a fast team,if Jackson Co doesnt get back to a half court set,will hurt them on fast breaks .Wasnt talking about her in a bad way.There are a lot of girls smaller that are not fast as well.I'd say the same thing.Union City has a couple girls that are bigger girls.They're not going to run with Lake Co.But they are very good players just like the big girl from Jackson Co.I'd love to her on on Lake Co's team.That way we would still have the speed and a big girl down low.I'd love to have her.That's what Lake Co has been lacking.Again.Wasnt down playing the girl.She is awesome.Just that I think Lake Co's strength will be her weakness running the floor.But at the same time,her size will give Lake Co a lot of trouble down low once she sets up and has her space.

Edited by mrbigster