Class A Girls favorites for next season?

maddiemay

The lady Falcons from Lake Co. will be back in the mix. They only lose 1 senior and she played very little all year. All 5 starters back and will add freshmen from a TSMAA west tn sectional championship team. This team suffered a 1 point OT loss to North Greene who ended as state runner up so they should be in the mix again.

I think lake co has a good team but too small I talked to north greene people and they thought they played worst game of year againt them and both teams looked terrible but north greene played much better the rest of tourney. Clay co and Clarkrange will be in mix next year and Bradford may be cause Lake co beat them by one but I don't know how many they lost.

Senator was the North Greene people talking about Lake Co. playing the worst game of the year or them??? Cause I saw LC play all year and North Greene game was by far the worst they played all year. Did not say much about it because I did not want to sound like a complainer but the Lady Falcons went 8-18 from the FT Line and 3-16 from 3 point line. They could not have shot it any worse and these were not contested threes but many open looks. They shot the three much better all year. Plus NG had no answer for Carnation Hart inside, talk about size she was pretty much unstoppable in the first half. To shoot that bad and still only lose by 1 point in OT tells me enough. Honestly watching the game felt as though LC was about 8-10 points better than the NG bunch but didn't play like it. The Huskies made the plays and won so hats off to them.

I think lake co has a good team but too small I talked to north greene people and they thought they played worst game of year againt them and both teams looked terrible but north greene played much better the rest of tourney. Clay co and Clarkrange will be in mix next year and Bradford may be cause Lake co beat them by one but I don't know how many they lost.

BRADFORD MAY BE A BETTER TEAM NEXT YEAR. BRADFORD LOST COMBS AND BRATTON, BUT STREET AND SEVERAL YOUNGER PLAYERS DID WELL THIS YEAR. THIS YEAR THEY JUST NEVER PUT IT TOGETHER (THE BIG THREE). IT WAS ALWAYS ONE OF THEM WERE HOT. STREET ONE NIGHT, COMBS ONE NIGHT, OR BRATTON ONE NIGHT. STREET WILL HAVE TO CARRY THE LOAD NEXT YEAR. BUT I SAW SEVERAL GIRLS HAVE GOOD NIGHTS THIS YEAR. BUT ALL ROADS LEAD TO LAKE CO.FOR THE GIRLS IN 14A.

Edited by daroundball

Senator,

You didnt see the real Lake County at the state tournament this year and I will also say that the real Jackson County team didnt show up either. Those two teams will be the favorites next year.

Bradford and Greenfield will be in the rebuilding mode next year.

District 7a always sends someone to the final 4 if not the finals almost every year and has done so 7 of the last 9 years, and 6 of those years a team from the district was actually playing in the state championship. Whether it be JC, Clarkrange, or Clay County one of those 3 teams will be playing for a state championship next year or in the final 4 playing for the chance to get their.

• 2 weeks later...

District 7a always sends someone to the final 4 if not the finals almost every year and has done so 7 of the last 9 years, and 6 of those years a team from the district was actually playing in the state championship. Whether it be JC, Clarkrange, or Clay County one of those 3 teams will be playing for a state championship next year or in the final 4 playing for the chance to get their.

I have to agree. I have to give the edge to the Blue Devils. They return everyone, plus up-coming Freshmen.

The JV squad will be awesome.

Does anyone know what Scotts Hill or Middleton will be like next year? Who will be the best from District 15 and 16?

Scotts Hill loses some size in the guard spots and some athleticism in the post,along with the confidence that winning close games against good competition brings.Not sure about Middleton or Madison,but I'm betting on both being very good along with Riverside.There's enough sub-state calibre teams in 15A to give 13A-14A teams a run for their money,but realisticly Lake Co. should be the favorite in the west(I know ya'll are a little sick of hearing this,but the Lady Falcons are way better than they showed up in the 'Boro).Douglas is the only 16A team in years to be considered a threat to our district,and were blown-out in 2'nd round of regionals.Too many good teams to predict which two make the final eight,but by the same token,they'll have been battle tested and tempered.