HAMPTON vs LAKE Co

uknoit2

LC WINS THIS ONE "IF" PLAYERS KEEP THEIR HEADS ON THE GAME = FOCUS

i THINK SO AS WELL..if they play ball like they are capable.No matter what happens,it's been a good run.Just a few months ago Lake Co was ranked 7th in the Stste and a lot of people were grumbling as to how a team that was 10-8 should be ranked.Go out and play some Ill. teams and Kentucky teams ,some probably with 1500 students and a lot of teams would have the same losses.But it was also still early and with a new coach.Then the next week Lake Co beat Halls by about 40 points and Trenton by 20 and they dropped from the rankings.Then came Middleton.Everyone had Middleton winning and some by 16 points are what was being predicted.I kept telling folks then that Coach B knows her stuff,Lake Co had played some very big schools and were going to get better.That Middleton was going to play a better team than they thought.And since then.Lake Co has at least proved they are a top 10 team by now being in the top 4.I believe it was a couple posters from Hampton that were saying no way Lake Co should be in the top 10.Well tomorrow,they should have an easy game against Lake Co.But even if they do..still has been a great season.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake Co. is the more athletic team, just like middleton is the more athletic team in game 2 tomorrow. Let's not kid ourselves. Good thing is athletic ability alone does not win games. It does help though. If Hampton lets that athletic ability turn into 3 or 4 shots per possession for LC, Hampton will be in trouble. If Hampton can stay even on the boards and not let LC's athletic ability turn into steals for LC, Hampton will be fine. Anybody can shoot better on a given night, but I believe Hampton is the better shooting team. Keep the turnovers and rebounding even and I think Hampton wins this one! I know some of the PC and middleton fans won't like this but I really think Hampton and LC are the 2 best teams left. I think Perry Co wins tmrw in a close one too, but they have to do exactly what I said hampton has to do and that is keep the turnovers and rebounding close to even.

Hampton should be fine rebounding,did a greatt job yesterday, the key as you said is not have turnovers and allow easy run outs. Against teams like LC,if you turn the ball over out front,they'll shoot layups all day. Cherish the rock.

Hampton should be fine rebounding,did a greatt job yesterday, the key as you said is not have turnovers and allow easy run outs. Against teams like LC,if you turn the ball over out front,they'll shoot layups all day. Cherish the rock.

I agree.Both teams are going to have to hold onto the ball and rebounding could be a big key.Also free throws will get a team at this level in a heart beat.I'm expecting a good game from both teams.

i THINK SO AS WELL..if they play ball like they are capable.No matter what happens,it's been a good run.Just a few months ago Lake Co was ranked 7th in the Stste and a lot of people were grumbling as to how a team that was 10-8 should be ranked.Go out and play some Ill. teams and Kentucky teams ,some probably with 1500 students and a lot of teams would have the same losses.But it was also still early and with a new coach.Then the next week Lake Co beat Halls by about 40 points and Trenton by 20 and they dropped from the rankings.Then came Middleton.Everyone had Middleton winning and some by 16 points are what was being predicted.I kept telling folks then that Coach B knows her stuff,Lake Co had played some very big schools and were going to get better.That Middleton was going to play a better team than they thought.And since then.Lake Co has at least proved they are a top 10 team by now being in the top 4.I believe it was a couple posters from Hampton that were saying no way Lake Co should be in the top 10.Well tomorrow,they should have an easy game against Lake Co.But even if they do..still has been a great season.

Im looking, I can't remember a Hampton poster saying L.C. shouldn't be in top 10.

We were the ones that cake walked here and played no decent team all year according to posters from West of us!

Hampton has respect for LC and will play as such

Im looking, I can't remember a Hampton poster saying L.C. shouldn't be in top 10.

We were the ones that cake walked here and played no decent team all year according to posters from West of us!

Hampton has respect for LC and will play as such

Let's just be honest from this point on every team has respect for the others remaining.

All I'm saying is Lake Co has beaten a lot of really good teams.And since Jan.have won 10 games in a row and 13 of the last 14.Also beat a team that yall are going to play tomorrow.So since yall have tucker now,yall shouldnt have any trouble beating Middleton at all since yall lost to us without Tucker,that we've heard a 100 times.We beat the players that had Perry Co on the jerseys.As for Tucker,he's a good player but I saw him miss a lot of easy baskets yesterday.Rhodes is the player that carried yall.And also remember,Lake Co didn't have Derek Swift then either,if yall want to keep bringing up Tucker.I'd take Swift over Tucker all day long.Swift is still rusty after only playing a few minutes in the last two games .But ..I'm just waiting for him to break out.Could be as early as tomorrow.

we both have bias people we would take....I'd take tucker......but anyway jacob is on and off some nights.....that was the first game ....i think the boys got 1 or 2 days of practice at all.....but we came back and won next game in jan. and for tucker just a good player ......well you can ask clarksville academy what they think.....he had 19 points with 5 three pointers and 3 of them were back to back to back with malcom all in his face......they had to switch the other twin i think martin to gaurd him.....it switches up every night on whos hot

Edited by gamechanger

funny to me.. before these games ever started all ppl from west tn were saying, was hampton cant even run with summertown...they are to fast and athletic for hampton,...

now that we have beat them by more than 10 points, it cant be accepted???????

and now everyone is saying, o well they might have won that one but they wont beat anybody else from down here, and we may not but the point is

the dawgs won and they deserve the credit... period!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't agree more....Hampton deserves the respect!!!!

Speaking of East TN I believe they started the day with 4 teams and ended the day with 1. Best of Luck to LC Friday. Let's take care of business, cause we have a score to settle.

Ya know, I'm almost positive I told you what was gonna happen last game (Hampton vs Summertown), but apparently you didn't listen. So, when us "East Tennesseans" take home the gold ball, I'm gonna think of your dismal reviews against our area schools and laugh as we put it in the trophy case. I am very proud of Hampton and Cloudland for making it to the state tournament. And they deserve just as much respect as your West Tn teams. How many counties have 2 of their schools (which by the way are less than 10 miles apart)participating in the tourney this year? I think one other Class A team and a Class AAA team....and that's it! So, once again, don't go there with trying to say East Tn has not talent....Cause talent is what we got! And even more PRIDE!!!!! MY BLOOD RUNS BLUE, BABY!!!! GO DAWGS!!!!