Question about ejected coach and appeal process

IrishBaseball44

Wow, is it really that hard to get an honest answer around here? Nobody is being conceited, I'm not here slandering anybody or cutting the umpire to shreds. Not lookin to tell my story, just need someone to post a link to an appeal form. That's all. For the last time....can anybody help me out here?

Thanks

Wow, is it really that hard to get an honest answer around here? Nobody is being conceited, I'm not here slandering anybody or cutting the umpire to shreds. Not lookin to tell my story, just need someone to post a link to an appeal form. That's all. For the last time....can anybody help me out here?

Thanks

What do you expect? You are an adult (assumption) who is responsible for the instruction, leadership, and well-being of a group of other people's children and you come to a public internet forum (that is in no way affiliated with TSSAA) for guidance on what to do when you have been removed from a game for unsportsmanlike behavior?

Glock is right..your first and only action should have been with your AD, who should know the proper proceedings for this activity.

high school coaches are the only people in america that does not get due process, the only changes that i have ever heard the tssaa make- is appealing the fine- i have heard that has happened before. good luck the with the holy than thou tssaa. umpires have to pass a open and then can screw a situation up and they don't get 2 games or a fine.

I'm going to come at this from both sides and I've kind of been on both sides, though not at the high school level.

I know a coach that successfully appealed a fine for being ejected. The umpire pulled the trigger too early and without justification and the appeal was granted for the fine. I think he served his suspension however before the fine was appealed. I also know that the umpire association demoted the guy with the trigger happy finger to middle school and JV ball for the rest of the season.

Respect is a two way street. Blue earns it by knowing the rules, being in position to make the correct call and applying the rules unilaterally. Coach earns it by not showing up the umpire, not coming out of the dugout on balls and strikes and keeping his assistants in check. It works both ways.

Coaches and umpires are just like apples. There's a few rotten ones in every barrel. I hate it when the discussion goes to umpire bashing and then the umpires jumping in with the coach bashing. I've seen enough bad umpiring and horrible coaching to know it's not always that cut and dried.

My advice: Be an example to your players and take your medicine and, has been said already, let your principal and AD handle whatever appeal process you have at your disposal. Nobody likes to be villified, but if you were wronged it will come out in the end. Life's not always fair, and how your players see you handle this can be a real learning experience for them - one way or the other.

Thanks glock22 for the ONLY help received. Posted this last night when unable to reach my AD and seeking help. This is apparently a place where you get what you don't ask for and don't get what you do. I do appreciate your help, glock and others who echoed your help. We've since contacted the TSSAA and will handle it from there.