Anderson Co. Jamboree?

92Dragon

LOL you are really one to be downing OR's tradition space3...At least we have a tradition. Before you dog a teams tradition, get on of your own... AC wasnt even relevant in High School football until 5 or 6 years ago...Yall are a little baby program. Get something done before you go downing other programs and there teams... have you even won a district title? region? how many if so? Till then your just seen as a little teenage kid on here who lieks to talk smack, thats all. And Blade lost 42-0 his first year in the playoffs huh? Try he lost 12-7, get your facts straight. And you forgot to mention OR went to the state title game in 2005, funny how you just totally skip by that. So, get some tradition before you down others tradition, get your facts straight, and become more humble.. This awesome AC offense yall have had the past few years has been limited to a total of 23 points in 2 games and 0-2 against OR yet your talking smack about us.. You realize how dumb that makes you look? lol

There may be 5 or 6 schools in the state that can compare with the history and tradition of Oak Ridge, you have to respect it even if you are a rival fan. However to say that AC does not have tradition or relevant in high school football until the past 5 or 6 years is off base, I would say AC became relevant about the time Coach Kerr landed there and football became important at AC. You can say what you want about him but he built it, since he arrived I think in 94 the Mavs have a record of 130-68 68% winnning percentage and 13 playoff appearances, does not compare to Oak Ridge who during that time had 162-50 76% winning percentage and 14 playoff appearances but still relevant. I think with Coach Gillum and the coaching staff in place they will continue to be relevant. Also the one thing about history is people remember it how they want to, Oak Ridge leads the series 6-1,Oak Ridge won in 87,88, 89, 90, 09, 10, AC won in 02, Oak Ridge and AC didn't play from 1990-2001, then did not play from 2003-2008, not saying AC would have won any of those years but from the time Coach Kerr arrived I think it would have been fun to watch. At AC football has been important from about 94, at Oak Ridge it has always been, that's the difference, but watch out for the Mavs because the fireworks will continue

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what its been called the last 6 yrs or so...not Anderson County Mavericks Jamboree, but Anderson County Jamboree because all 3 high schools in the county have been participating in it genius!

You dont like SS and I talking on here? Too bad Space...lol. SS and i will talk on here all day long if we wish to and there is nothing you can do about it boy! :mrgreen:

Not this year Clinton will be home dreading the start of the season....lol

LOL you are really one to be downing OR's tradition space3...At least we have a tradition. Before you dog a teams tradition, get on of your own... AC wasnt even relevant in High School football until 5 or 6 years ago...Yall are a little baby program. Get something done before you go downing other programs and there teams... have you even won a district title? region? how many if so? Till then your just seen as a little teenage kid on here who lieks to talk smack, thats all. And Blade lost 42-0 his first year in the playoffs huh? Try he lost 12-7, get your facts straight. And you forgot to mention OR went to the state title game in 2005, funny how you just totally skip by that. So, get some tradition before you down others tradition, get your facts straight, and become more humble.. This awesome AC offense yall have had the past few years has been limited to a total of 23 points in 2 games and 0-2 against OR yet your talking smack about us.. You realize how dumb that makes you look? lol

Well well...lol touched a nerve you dont know football if you think AC just became relevant 5 or 6 years ago in football. But you do know oakridge...lol

Space, didn't Anderson County lose the region to Clinton and Powell as well? Now, that's funny. Putting down OR when you're in the exact same situation.

I think we will beat Clinton and AC this year, again. Don't know about Powell, they're gonna be tough.

Yes Powell will be tough. I was just saying losing the region to a 5A school. Oak Ridge is a good program Im just messing around with SS and 92D. I have a big ? mark on AC this year. They will be good should make playoffs but as of right now I will half to say Powell or Oak Ridge will win the region.. I do think AC Powell and Oak Ridge will be 1,2,3 in the region this year. Its going to be another fun year :popcorneater:

Edited by Space3

There may be 5 or 6 schools in the state that can compare with the history and tradition of Oak Ridge, you have to respect it even if you are a rival fan. However to say that AC does not have tradition or relevant in high school football until the past 5 or 6 years is off base, I would say AC became relevant about the time Coach Kerr landed there and football became important at AC. You can say what you want about him but he built it, since he arrived I think in 94 the Mavs have a record of 130-68 68% winnning percentage and 13 playoff appearances, does not compare to Oak Ridge who during that time had 162-50 76% winning percentage and 14 playoff appearances but still relevant. I think with Coach Gillum and the coaching staff in place they will continue to be relevant. Also the one thing about history is people remember it how they want to, Oak Ridge leads the series 6-1,Oak Ridge won in 87,88, 89, 90, 09, 10, AC won in 02, Oak Ridge and AC didn't play from 1990-2001, then did not play from 2003-2008, not saying AC would have won any of those years but from the time Coach Kerr arrived I think it would have been fun to watch. At AC football has been important from about 94, at Oak Ridge it has always been, that's the difference, but watch out for the Mavs because the fireworks will continue

Well said :thumb: How Long you been following HS football Sweet Science :roflol:

Edited by Space3

Well said :thumb: How Long you been following HS football Sweet Science :roflol:

I have been following since roughly 1983-84 space3, what about you? none of you mavericks fans still havent told me how many district or region titles you have won since you guys have been in this so called great run yall have had... im still waiting..I can agree that AC has been relevant since the mid to late 90's ,but thats about it. They have had a few good teams, none that have really threatened or been anything to write home about.. Im not saying they havent had any good teams, but for an AC fan to be downing a team like OR with the tradition and respect we have from around the state of tennessee is just kinda silly, thats all im saying.. to have just 1 win against oak ridge and to really only having played relevant football for little over 10 years, you have garnered enough respect to talk the way yall do, just saying. just my 2 cents worth. Not saying OR is some high and mighty team, but cmon guys.

I have been following since roughly 1983-84 space3, what about you? none of you mavericks fans still havent told me how many district or region titles you have won since you guys have been in this so called great run yall have had... im still waiting..I can agree that AC has been relevant since the mid to late 90's ,but thats about it. They have had a few good teams, none that have really threatened or been anything to write home about.. Im not saying they havent had any good teams, but for an AC fan to be downing a team like OR with the tradition and respect we have from around the state of tennessee is just kinda silly, thats all im saying.. to have just 1 win against oak ridge and to really only having played relevant football for little over 10 years, you have garnered enough respect to talk the way yall do, just saying. just my 2 cents worth. Not saying OR is some high and mighty team, but cmon guys.

How many Region/District titles does AC have? Just curious.

yes, i am curious too...i know clinton has one or 2.... how about mighty AC?????

I know Clinton won 2-5A in 1997, and they won 4AAA a couple of years ago...That's just if we're talking about since AC has been good. They also won their region/district in 1992, and I think maybe once or twice in the 80s, but I'm not really sure. Before that, I honestly have no idea.

Up until 1999, the series between AC and Clinton was tied at 7-7. Both teams had a couple of three-game streaks, but since then it has swung heavily in AC's favor.

I think AC would've had a district championship in 1997 in 3-4A, but they had to forfeit something like 5 games because they played an ineligible player. Their record was changed from something like 6-1 at one point to 1-6 or something like that. Really, the penalty was probably harsher than necessary. However, I don't know that they've won their region or district since then, and I doubt they ever did before that. I could be wrong though. They certainly have been pretty strong, but they've always been in districts with very tough competition.