Hunters Lane needs HC?

slagiatt

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS, craig, only going to games is not the support needed. You need to stay on the porch and

pick your banjo. The female leader of HL has no idea how to get the HL base of alumni to come and help

and she does not care. All she wants are puppets to bow down to her. Maybe terry can come to Sumner county

and help the fat man.

BS, craig, only going to games is not the support needed. You need to stay on the porch and

pick your banjo. The female leader of HL has no idea how to get the HL base of alumni to come and help

and she does not care. All she wants are puppets to bow down to her. Maybe terry can come to Sumner county

and help the fat man.

What Key would you like me to pick my banjo with? Key of G or Key of A. I am alumni and dont need to be told to come help at HL. If help is needed at HL there are certain people that know where to find me. As for the rest of the Alumni. Where one goes we all go! We are Warriors for life and we all support each other.

Edited by jcraigp23

What Key would you like me to pick my banjo with? Key of G or Key of A. I am alumni and dont need to be told to come help at HL. If help is needed at HL there are certain people that know where to find me. As for the rest of the Alumni. Where one goes we all go! We are Warriors for life and we all support each other.

Last summer and the start of this school year there was 2 or 3 meetings trying to start a booster club for football. There might have been 4 or 5 people show up to those meetings. Hard to get anything started if no one shows up.

Hunters Lane should strongly look at Cody Finley to become the school's next head football coach. Finley took over as the head football coach at Cheatham County in 2002, following a 4 year period (1998-2001) in which the football program compiled an overall record of 7-33, and since that time the Cubs football program has been one that is very competitive and respected by coaches throughout the middle Tennessee area.

During his 9 years as head football coach at Cheatham County:

The graduation percentage of football players is 100%

The football team has compiled an overall record of 49-49

The football team has qualified for the TSSAA State Playoffs on 6 occasions

Finley's teams have always been very sound, always played with tremendous effort, and always displayed nothing but respect for the opposition as it relates to displaying great sportsmanship. If hired I believe that Coach Finley could be the type of guy who pushes Hunters Lane to that "next level" that people are expecting.

This would be a tremendous loss for Cheatham County but at the same time it would be a huge stride in the life of an awesome football coach who is looking to write a new chapter in what has already been a very successful coaching career.

Anyone on here would be very hard pressed to find a coach in the midstate area who does not think highly of Cody Finley as an educator/football coach.

Hunters Lane should strongly look at Cody Finley to become the school's next head football coach. Finley took over as the head football coach at Cheatham County in 2002, following a 4 year period (1998-2001) in which the football program compiled an overall record of 7-33, and since that time the Cubs football program has been one that is very competitive and respected by coaches throughout the middle Tennessee area.

During his 9 years as head football coach at Cheatham County:

The graduation percentage of football players is 100%

The football team has compiled an overall record of 49-49

The football team has qualified for the TSSAA State Playoffs on 6 occasions

Finley's teams have always been very sound, always played with tremendous effort, and always displayed nothing but respect for the opposition as it relates to displaying great sportsmanship. If hired I believe that Coach Finley could be the type of guy who pushes Hunters Lane to that "next level" that people are expecting.

This would be a tremendous loss for Cheatham County but at the same time it would be a huge stride in the life of an awesome football coach who is looking to write a new chapter in what has already been a very successful coaching career.

Anyone on here would be very hard pressed to find a coach in the midstate area who does not think highly of Cody Finley as an educator/football coach.

Finley would be a great hire for HL. He has done a lot of good things while reviving the program at Cheatham. I wish him the best of luck. I also heard that assistant coach Michael Jackson (who has been on coaching staff with Finley for last 6-7 years at Cheatham) also submitted a resume. He played high school football and Cheatham and went on to play four years at the college level at UT-Martin and would be a great fit for HL. I am sure that both would love to come together should HL have both a science and business position open.

Edited by TheBrooklynBrawler

Remember the old horror movies that had a spooky house!! You would be saying don't go in..............DO NOT GO IN............and of course they would go in!! (*note....would have killed the movie had they chosen to stay outside).

Now the pay is not bad, and if you only competed only with other Metro publics........it might be an OK job, but if you happen to venture outside Davidson county vs the "real" public 5A and 6A teams or happen to schedule a "big" private............it might be a mismatch!! The only Metro publics that can do well in postseason are the Maplewoods, Pearl-Cohn, maybe Whites Creek that have smaller enrollments (compete in 4A or lower), and have usually a pretty good group of talented athletes. The larger Metro publics are playing on an unlevel field when you compare facilities, fan support, parent support...........In years past, the old NIL was a "primo" league and a great place to teach and coach, but a combination of things have downgraded both the teaching and coaching jobs.

1.) That magnificent Fed govt' experiment call "busing" that resulted in a constant adjustment of zone lines............way oversized comprehensive HS's and unstable zoning (because of that elusive ratio). *note............too this very day (LOL) certain groups are still going to court about some fairy-tale zoning issue.

A lot of very supportive folks left and went to privates or to the adjoining counties.

2.) Publicity for HS football in Metro publics has diminished greatly for several reasons........Tennessean was a Nashville paper at one time with compete from the old "Banner"...........now it is a Mid-State paper and bulk of football coverage goes to Privates, Rutherford, and Willianson. The Titans and Predators and Sounds crowd a lot of space in the sports page.........old NIL had to only compete with Vandy, some UT. If excitement is not generated............no crowd, no money, less equipment..*note football is best HS money sport, but it also cost more.

So, I love Friday Nights Lights.............I am fearful of Friday the 13th

IMHO...........

If Coach Jackson sent in his resume then he should be a top candidate as well. He is a very good teacher/football coach who the students at Hunters Lane would respect and want to play for. The fact that he played college football at UT-Martin, started every game his final 3 years on the offensive line, proves that he is a man who knows the kind of work and dedication that it will take for the Warriors to get back to their winning ways.

Hunters Lane was a football program that qualified for the TSSAA State Playoffs 9 out of 10 years from 2000-2009. Just because the football program was 1-9 in 2010 does not mean that it's a situation where there hasn't been success for a long period of time. Winning has always been expected at HLHS whether it be under the direction of Pigue or Campbell.

Good Luck to Coach Jackson & Coach Finley....

Finley would a great hire for HL. He has done some great things at Cheatham County. I am not sure if Metro will break away from their tendency of hiring from within the system. That is a shame because I know of plenty of coaches who would take Metro teams to great levels if given the chance. The problem is, they do not get that chance. Good luck to HL and to Coach Finley in whatever his future may be.