MBA Names Marty Euverard New Football Coach

RedShooter

As a big Mcgugin supporter,and perhaps his closest supporter, this new hire is exceptional but time will certainly tell. For the first time in years, MBA has hired someone out of the Belle Meade loop. Marty may own a blazer but probably not a suit. He does not fit the traditional mold and will bring something in, perhaps spirit related, that MBA has not experienced before. He is a grinder from the public school system that will be a differet breath, whether good or bad, and time and the MBA community will tell. The fact that he is bringing his son is an affirmation that he wants his child to have a chance to have the best so

Retired to the bleachers, you are misinformed about this. By the way, you have not missed anything before so I am not bashing you on this and I pay you respect. The only thing botched, once again, is that the headmaster did not interview, even out of a courtesy, the three staff coaches that applied which included an NFL player and a defensive coordinated who played college football. Really stupid with no foresight or wisdom. Another morotic move. And as before, MBA has taken no action against the parents who took took the money which needs to be done soon. Why the mistakes continue is a mystery but is easily solved.

After corresponding with Mr. Simmons, I've become convinced that McGuging has gotten a raw deal here, a change from my initial views. Yes, Mr. Simmons is family to McGugin, but that doesn't mean he's incapable of making a valid point on this issue. His point is essentially one of due process: there's been little to no investigation of this affair or anything else connected to it, and nothing that suggests one is forthcoming. I think if you're going to fire someone on an issue as serious and as public as this one, you owe a man a complete and impartial investigation, followed by a fair hearing to determine whether or not he should be retained. As Mr. Simmons indicated to me, McGugin would have welcomed an investigation. If it shows he's operating solely on his own as a rogue element, the decision seems pretty clear. If, on the other hand, he's simply carrying out a de facto school policy, then one would suspect there might be actions against people higher up MBA's food chain. What neither the headmaster or the Board of Trustees seem to grasp is that the perception in public is that we've bypassed college-style recruiting and instead are fielding semi-professional players.

"Botched" is probably the strongest word one can use on this board, but I would describe the handling in much earthier terms. If there was a decision made beforehand to bring in someone from outside (not necessarily a bad idea under the circumstances), that should have been communicated to the staff ahead of time. And if that decision hadn't been formally made, interview them. I suspect there's a fair chance at this point of losing all three: what cause is there to think that advancement is likely? It's like decisions out there a made using a model slightly less sophisticated than the "Magic 8 Ball."

Didn't McGugin make all of the speculation about his involvement a mute point by accepting the deal with MBA?

Didn't the institution report itself to the TSSAA? Didn't the TSSAA state there is no penalty?

Should the institution (MBA) investigate itself? Who is going to make that happen?

Didn't McGugin make all of the speculation about his involvement a mute point by accepting the deal with MBA?

Didn't the institution report itself to the TSSAA? Didn't the TSSAA state there is no penalty?

Should the institution (MBA) investigate itself? Who is going to make that happen?

Nope. Coach McGugin didn't accept anything with MBA. Gioia forced him out to make a few angry dads happy. Our headmaster stinks and we wanted someone who coached us to coach us but Gioia didn't talk to them at all. Does anyone know why he only talked to one person?

MBA did report the violation, and that should be a mitigating factor. Since McGugin accepted a settlement and left as coach, the TSSAA was satisfied. McGugin's level of involvement seems to be pretty well-established in this incident. However, the school's "leadership" is totally missing the fact that this debacle has badly tarnished the school's reputation for integrity. The only way to address that problem is to conduct a thorough investigation. Ideally the school would have the TSSAA do it, or have the TSSAA suggest a private firm to do it. I would prefer an outsider examine the issue, because at this point, neither the headmaster nor the BOT has done anything to inspire much confidence in their ability to handle this matter.

My prediction. At the end of it all, only the lawyers will be happy. <_<

This 'so called' so-so Coach was the only Coach in Rutherford County to beat Rankin at his height at R'dale and bring a Gold Ball home to Oakland. This is also a Coach who's first consideration is ALWAYS his players as Men and Gentlemen.

I'll get out of this now and let y'all squabble.

This 'so called' so-so Coach was the only Coach in Rutherford County to beat Rankin at his height at R'dale and bring a Gold Ball home to Oakland. This is also a Coach who's first consideration is ALWAYS his players as Men and Gentlemen.

So that nothing will be misunderstood, ME was not charactorized as a "so-so"coach. His career record was posted as one that could leave some doubt. LOD is absolutely right in his acessment. When all is said and done in analyzing ones career, his last sentence means the most. Comparables are always difficult and this thread has nothing to do with that. Nor does a school self analyzing itself as to infractions. All schools signed an agreement as to intent. This has to do with all schools in the TSSAA and their relationship to an agreement. Unless it can be produced, no document has been seen that lets anyone off the hook for an infraction. Nor has anything been produced about anything. There is just speculation on this site. The TSSAA has handled this in different ways. Sometimes infractions are explained and sometimes they are not. Lately they have been out in the open. Whichever way its handled, the TSSAA likely is still involved. An agreement is still an agreement. There might be some disagreement in the infraction. The Director of the TSSAA and the Headmaster of the School likely will have to make statements. That is the way it was done with a School in East Tennessee in the last two years. The quicker done the better. I am now like LOD. I'll get out of this now and let y'all squabble.

Oh c'mon, stay and squabble a bit.

On a serious note, what is your take on his issue at Jefferson County?

No offense, but this was a completely unimpressive, but at least now it makes sense according to this post. Since they couldnt get a great coach to come in after this mess, use it as a recruiting opportunity and get a QB out of it.

So the going rate for a school's reputation and fired/resigned coach is a med-level coach with average success and a qb son?

I really thought MBA could do much better.

Coach U is a great coach. Excellent hire.

The sequence of events were:

1.Simonis letter dated April 1, 2011 acknowledging taking the $1500.00 on September 12, 2008

2.McGugin called in and asked about it..tells them he saw it and passed it on as the note on the envelope said to do

3.MBA reports this and only this violation-TSSAA never contacts McGugin

4.No MBA investigation on source of funds or who put it in McGugins faculty mailbox/McGugin retains a lawyer

5.MBA and TSSAA reach deal on bag the coach and it is over/McGugin asked to resign-he declines

6.McGugin fired in the paper-never told face to face or even by email

7.Attorneys reach a deal for buyout of contract, no bad words will be said by anyone, MBA gives a positive press release and letter exonerating McGugin of any immoral or unethical conduct

8.Marty applies for position with at least 32 others including three MBA assistants

9.Complete silence by MBA on the search process but word leaks out of ME interview

10. None of assistants given courtesy interviews

11.Hire complete. MBA football staff remains in place

12.The posse of MBA alumni moves from an unorgaized group to a militia to counter attack MBA administration for way the termination was handled

13.Here we are.......

The sequence of events were:

1.Simonis letter dated April 1, 2011 acknowledging taking the $1500.00 on September 12, 2008

2.McGugin called in and asked about it..tells them he saw it and passed it on as the note on the envelope said to do

3.MBA reports this and only this violation-TSSAA never contacts McGugin

4.No MBA investigation on source of funds or who put it in McGugins faculty mailbox/McGugin retains a lawyer

5.MBA and TSSAA reach deal on bag the coach and it is over/McGugin asked to resign-he declines

6.McGugin fired in the paper-never told face to face or even by email

7.Attorneys reach a deal for buyout of contract, no bad words will be said by anyone, MBA gives a positive press release and letter exonerating McGugin of any immoral or unethical conduct

8.Marty applies for position with at least 32 others including three MBA assistants

9.Complete silence by MBA on the search process but word leaks out of ME interview

10. None of assistants given courtesy interviews

11.Hire complete. MBA football staff remains in place

12.The posse of MBA alumni moves from an unorganized group to a militia to counter attack MBA administration for way the termination was handled

13.Here we are.......

Here we are.....summer discussion about this will slow and then the discussion will pick up again in the fall. Then MBA is 5 - O by mid-season and this will all be a short memory.

Winning will cause short term memory loss.