Single A State Tornament

CommanderMan

They are random but I'll tell you this NOBODY should take Summertown to lightly, the State is almost an annual trip for them and they won two years ago, they have to play Friendship and they are a fine team too. I wouldn't count any of the other teams as wins either, there might just be a dark horse in this thing.

The Pirates 1st concern is Eagleville. They will let Friendship unFriendly Christian worry about Summertown. :thumb:

Riverside is undoubtedly the favorite however their are some very good teams. I think summertown takes the top and it comes down to eagleville and riverside in the bottom. Final prediction a rematch of 2 years ago only this time riverside takes it. A lot of good teams and anything can happen.

The Pirates 1st concern is Eagleville. They will let Friendship unFriendly Christian worry about Summertown. :thumb:

Come on RLH. I am from Friendship and I am not too unfriendly. For anyone that thinks South Pitt is not up to task then they might be in for a surprise. I have had the opportunity to see the Pirates play twice this season and walked away impressed on both occasions. I do believe that if they meet Riverside in the second game then it could be a good one. Get ready for Gant because he will probably be shelved the first game. Since I am the first Friendship fan to post on this thread, allow me to say our hands are full with Summertown and we are not too concerned one way or the other about the lower bracket.

Riverside is undoubtedly the favorite however their are some very good teams. I think summertown takes the top and it comes down to eagleville and riverside in the bottom. Final prediction a rematch of 2 years ago only this time riverside takes it. A lot of good teams and anything can happen.

That sounds like a pretty good prediction to me. I've seen Stown play about 6 times this year. 3 times they where behind and pulled it out. They were setting with no hits or base runners against Cornersville the other night (I wasn't there) bottom of the 7th and pulled out a walk, then a sac bunt, and a hit and won the game. They do not quit even when they are way down. Wayne County was up on them in 3 games this season and twice S'town pulled out walk off homers against 2 pretty good pitchers and won all of them. S'town makes it happen when they have to. Anyone in their line up can go deep at any time. They are my top bracket winner and will be playing DC for all the marbles.

Good Luck S'town!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

That sounds like a pretty good prediction to me. I've seen Stown play about 6 times this year. 3 times they where behind and pulled it out. They were setting with no hits or base runners against Cornersville the other night (I wasn't there) bottom of the 7th and pulled out a walk, then a sac bunt, and a hit and won the game. They do not quit even when they are way down. Wayne County was up on them in 3 games this season and twice S'town pulled out walk off homers against 2 pretty good pitchers and won all of them. S'town makes it happen when they have to. Anyone in their line up can go deep at any time. They are my top bracket winner and will be playing DC for all the marbles.

At this stage of the game no one is gonna give up. I am positive that Summertown/Friendship will be a great game. Neither of these teams will go down without a fight. Just as Riverside/South Pittsburg will be a great game. It will be interesting to see the out come of this week of baseball. Remember no matter your record, no matter if people think your teams shouldn't be here, you play one game at a time and you leave it all on the field each play!!! Best of luck to ALL the teams that got here, play your hearts out!!!

Old Pirate says the Pirates are in unchartered waters as of late. Recon the Pirates may jest be the new kid on the block and folkes ain't sure bout what they can do. OP sure nuff ain't an expect in this bat toteing sport but perhaps the Pirates can hang in there for awhile.

Coach Moore and Coach Pipp knows what SP can do. No overlooking the Pirates from his prespective.

I wouldn't doubt the Commanders from FC and their ability to matchup with Summertown and the rest of their bracket. Many of their players and Summertown's have faced each other before in travel ball and last year during the regular season. Both coaching staffs have also seen each other a few times in the Boro with mixed results for each team.

These teams really seem to mirror each other with the exception being S-town having a few more upperclassmen. I'm expecting this to be a tough hard fought game between 2 teams who have competed well all season against much bigger schools and dominated their 1-A foes along the way.

Congrats to all and stay focused Commanders :ph34r:

Riverside is the #1 ranked single A team in the state. I've read all of your posts about the Riverside vs. South Pitt matchup. Riverside AND South Pitt have to win to get there. South Pitt is in a new arena, as is GCA. A good record doesn't mean anything this time of year. I'm not knocking South Pitt or Riverside. If you guys meet, then the records are accurate. I, for one, hope to see a great game tonight and the good guys come out on top.

RAMPRIDE!!!!! Great job Rams on getting to your 1st state tournament in school history. You guys deserve it after all you've been through!

Great Job to all 8 teams in the tournament. You've achieved a great accomplishment. Let the journey begin....