South Pittsburg Pirates 2011 Version

OLD PIRATE

I garuntee you that if this boy is this fast, he will have more than one offer from the SEC before he gradates. I aint joking either.

The word in Greeneville is Taylor Shuffler a kid who plays RB and DB was timed at a 4.4 40yd dash at Wofford and a few other college camps. He also ran consistent 3.8 to 3.9 NFL Shuttles. The Wofford coach said he ran the fastest shuttle ever recorded by anyone at Wofford. Would love to see who is the faster of the two.... But u can't believe everything you hear.

Good read Mr. PowerP. SP should easily make it back to the State game in my opinion with some bumps on the way there. Its good to hear that school down the road has finally got some talent. They have a favorable schedule, and could end up with actually a pretty good looking record. It will be a early exit come playoff time though. Look out for Whitwell. Lol im joking. I feel bad for actually saying that now. Im just going to stop. Good luck to everyone in 6A. Its almost here. :popcorneater:

Pirates looked like a team yesterday that can definately go along way in this years 1A playoffs. Saw some concerns that will be addressed as the season progresses but this team will be fun to watch. Alot of young talent especially on defense at the linebacker position that really impressed. We must do a better job of keeping our eyes on the receivers...too much speed in our defensive backfield to get turned around or get beat deep. Offensively we again are very explosive and fast at the skill positions.....the O-Line are huge and will make each other better as they get more game experience......and a quick note on the Roberson kid...great size and loads of talent...needs a little more conditioning to play at a fast pace for a complete game....but when he goes hard, you better watch out....when he decided to take over, no one could stop him

Gotta mention this...during the Clinton game as I stood on the sideline next to the Clinton team....one of their players came up to me and ask me "what is the name of the team we are playing?" when I responded South Pittsburg, he then asks me "what classification are they? Of course I responded saying 1A. He immediately looked shellshocked and stated, "Man, they are gonna win a State Championship this year." Quite a compliment from a much larger school but we have a long way to go to be back in Cookeville again this year.

BOOM!!!! What Pirate Tom says....... Grease is in beginning stages....Better hop on this FREIGHT before it starts!!

Gotta mention this...during the Clinton game as I stood on the sideline next to the Clinton team....one of their players came up to me and ask me "what is the name of the team we are playing?" when I responded South Pittsburg, he then asks me "what classification are they? Of course I responded saying 1A. He immediately looked shellshocked and stated, "Man, they are gonna win a State Championship this year." Quite a compliment from a much larger school but we have a long way to go to be back in Cookeville again this year.

Along the same line a Brainerd coach said to his players as we were preparing to scrimmage them..."You better be ready because we are about to see where we really are". Pretty cool when a 1A team is a measuring stick for the bigger schools

Btw Pirate Tom how did our passing attack look? We should be pretty solid with returning WR if QB steps up and fills Mlliards shoes...Also what about Lil man and Lankford?

Jake will be fine. Made some mistakes but nothing unexpected at this point. He made some good reads and throws too. Everyone needs to remember he didn't play most of last year so his game experience at QB is minimal. It will take some time for him to get comfortable with his reads at game speed. He will make some mistakes but he does a good job of running the O. The Freshman back-up QB is real green (Jake needs to stay healthy) but I see a lot of talent in him.

With an o-line averaging 291lbs and the speed and athleticism of the skill players, it's SP's to lose. After watching JB a couple of times this year, they may be a little better than last year by season's end but I don't think it'll be enough. That's why they play the games though...many things can happen between now and December 2nd. Unless I'm missing something, SP will play JB in the championship game again this year.

With an o-line averaging 291lbs and the speed and athleticism of the skill players, it's SP's to lose. After watching JB a couple of times this year, they may be a little better than last year by season's end but I don't think it'll be enough. That's why they play the games though...many things can happen between now and December 2nd. Unless I'm missing something, SP will play JB in the championship game again this year.

Moto we got a new blocker this year named BJ Roberson. He is not in my book, but my newspaper said he was 6'5 315lbs. He is a real big boy and he can nock a hole for our runners to run through. He is big enough to play in the SEC. Grider better play this boy on defence at the noseguard. He should just nock that center in the back field every play and cause them to fumble or mess up the timing of the play. You think im joking but im not.