GREENBRIER 2011

I'll say Greenbrier goes 5-5 this year despite a tough schedule :thumb:

They'll in all likelihood lose 4 games to:

Springfield

David Lipscomb

Goodpasture

White House

Having said that I will go out on a limb and say Coach Williams & Co. have to win 5 of these 6 games to prove me correct:

Sycamore

Westmoreland

Macon County

Creek Wood

Portland

White House-Heritage

i highly doubt they'll be state bound.. they lost a lot of players, its gonna be tough for them to replace all those seniors. i do think they'll still compete though, just not like last years team did.

The Goat sez: So what you're saying is that we will take four overtimes to beat the Blowdevils this year? That's okay, we've got time!!! LOL

J. R. Brown is very quick and speedy, question is can he take a varsity hit? I know him and wish him well. To answer the question though, i think Greenbrier will have a tough time this year, 4-6.

Mr. Brown's athleticism may help him avoid being hit. (Roger Herndon figured that out early and was an expert his senior year...that yardage really mounts if nobody touches you). He's a great athlete and his class is loa-ded with many more! James Pentecost will be the stud, though: TOUGH(!), has some speed and CAN take a varsity hit...or give one. It may take the class of '14 a while to get goin', but when/if they do, watch out! The class behind them also has some nice players and it will be fun to watch 'em grow and get better as they mature. The question marks will be coaching, injuries and getting the numbers to stick around thru their senior year.

If they don't beat Heritage and go 9-1 it won't be a successful year!

I'm telling you that "coaching" will never be a question mark as long as Kirk Williams is at Greenbrier. Anyone who disputes that is insane!

:roflolk: Really? Do you owe him money or somethin'? Sorry, but not everybody feels the same...and we probably know WAY better than any 'outside observer.'

Puttin' others on a pedestal is what's insane. Good luck with that.

The Goat sez: Greenbrier will destroy WH's dreams and ambitions, after the hiding the bobcats inflict, WH finishes 5-5. Hope for another 6-4, you might get lucky.

The goat is selling bad cheese! You must have escaped out of your pen and gotten into the weed patch if you think that G-brier is going to beat the BLUE DEVILS this year, next year , or the year after next. The class of 2014 is our strongest in a long time and I know that our freshies whipped yours last year. Keep dreaming goat cheese cause it ain't gonna happen. The Devils will beat the Boobcats by 4 or 5 TD's and they will be lucky to score. But, I will concede that your dance team will be better than ours. Ya'll have plenty of pretty girls, just not enough good athletes. Chew on that. BDP

:roflolk: Really? Do you owe him money or somethin'? Sorry, but not everybody feels the same...and we probably know WAY better than any 'outside observer.'

Puttin' others on a pedestal is what's insane. Good luck with that.

Hate to burst your bubble but seeing as how I do have family that resides in Greenbrier and seeing as how my father owns a business that is a "rock throw" away from the high school and seeing as how I am in the city on multiple occasions every week that helps me communicate with people who live in the city and who have children that play/have played for the Bobcats.

Maybe you are just sour because you possibly have a child who isn't getting any playing time..........or maybe it was YOU who couldn't play (likely the case :roflol: ).

Williams won region titles in 2003, 2004, 2005 and took GHS to a state title game. Outside of 2006 & 2008 the football team has never failed to reach the state playoffs since 1994. That's 15 out of 17 years!

I hope you know more about the other 4-sports that you are a dad in because football definitely isn't your 5th sport :roflol:

Hate to burst your bubble but seeing as how I do have family that resides in Greenbrier and seeing as how my father owns a business that is a "rock throw" away from the high school and seeing as how I am in the city on multiple occasions every week that helps me communicate with people who live in the city and who have children that play/have played for the Bobcats.

Maybe you are just sour because you possibly have a child who isn't getting any playing time..........or maybe it was YOU who couldn't play (likely the case :roflol: ).

Williams won region titles in 2003, 2004, 2005 and took GHS to a state title game. Outside of 2006 & 2008 the football team has never failed to reach the state playoffs since 1994. That's 15 out of 17 years!

I hope you know more about the other 4-sports that you are a dad in because football definitely isn't your 5th sport :roflol:

Glad to hear you like it here...and have several vested interests. Is Kirk your uncle/cousin/whatever?

Wrong. Don't have a 'dog' in the fight, presently, and never attended.

Oh, yeah, the Herndon & Co. years. Hmmm...I DO know them very well. So, to you, making the playoffs is a real feat, huh? You must not think too highly of winning...'cause the way they're set up virtually ALL teams make it, even losers! I think you'd agree it's a joke...

I know enough, but I don't brag about it or practically live here with multiple names. :P;)