CPA Basketball

MrBibee50

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with that question. Which year? Last year Bolivar and Liberty Tech would have beaten CPA. The fact that East Literature shocked CPA in the state semifinals a year ago was a miracle.

CPA played with great effort the year that they lost to Dyer County (thanks to some awful officiating) in the state tourney. They were hardly what I would have called "the favorites" then either.

I think you mean the region semis, not "state semifinals a year ago." They split during the year, so I don't think you can call it a miracle. I was actually at the Dyer County game and more has been made of the officiating than reality. There were those who thought CPA received the advantage on many calls prior to the 3-4 extra seconds DC was given at the end of the game. Sure you hate to see it, but it needs to be placed in context of the game as a whole. 1st quarter TO's, 4th quarter missed FT's played a bigger role. Tennessean picked CPA to win it all in 2009, but they lost in region semis.

I agree with that question. Which year? Last year Bolivar and Liberty Tech would have beaten CPA. The fact that East Literature shocked CPA in the state semifinals a year ago was a miracle.

CPA played with great effort the year that they lost to Dyer County (thanks to some awful officiating) in the state tourney. They were hardly what I would have called "the favorites" then either.

Wow. East Lit pulled off a lot of miracles last year then in the Region, Sectional and State Tournament all the way to the FINALS. Give them some credit.

I think you mean the region semis, not "state semifinals a year ago." They split during the year, so I don't think you can call it a miracle. I was actually at the Dyer County game and more has been made of the officiating than reality. There were those who thought CPA received the advantage on many calls prior to the 3-4 extra seconds DC was given at the end of the game. Sure you hate to see it, but it needs to be placed in context of the game as a whole. 1st quarter TO's, 4th quarter missed FT's played a bigger role. Tennessean picked CPA to win it all in 2009, but they lost in region semis.

just curious...but didnt liberty blow out DC in the semi-finals that year...so whats the big deal...

Wow. East Lit pulled off a lot of miracles last year then in the Region, Sectional and State Tournament all the way to the FINALS. Give them some credit.

East Literature was good no question about it but state championship game caliber good was not expected. If you would have told me that East Literature would be in the title game after they were beaten by Sycamore in the Regional Finals then I would have said you are crazy. That's why they play the games though I suppose!