CPA Basketball

MrBibee50

My 2cents, who really cares outside of CPA? Any average coach can win the way CPA allows Maddux to build the program, so what’s the big deal? We all know anyone can have their reasons why they don’t win. The real question to answer - Has there been the talent to do better than what’s been done the last 5 years? The obvious answer is yes and getting beyond the region only once during that time says enough. What’s the CPAMaddux solution – get more talent. CPA fans want to be enamored with their talent at the expense of principle, so be it. I doubt if they will get many congratulations no matter what is accomplished. And is it simply a private school matter? No way, cuz the idea there is enough good to outweigh the bad should be a troubling statement for anyone associated with a Christian school. Time to wake up and demand the bad is dealt with, quit excusing it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2cents, who really cares outside of CPA?

Obviously,you care to take the time to put in your 2cents.

You say:"CPA fans want to be enamored with their talent at the expense of principle, so be it. I doubt if they will get many congratulations no matter what is accomplished. And is it simply a private school matter? No way, cuz the idea there is enough good to outweigh the bad should be a troubling statement for anyone associated with a Christian school. Time to wake up and demand the bad is dealt with, quit excusing it!"

What do you want the fans to do? I am a fan of the school, but I am not an alumni, contributor, staff person, board member, faculty, parent, or coach. Do you feel a fan should abandon their school and kids because accusations (not proof) are leveled? I didn't see the UT fieldhouse empty after Pearl went on suspension, and he admitted cheating. Have the schools and teams you support always done everything perfect 100% of the time? Do they not have their own share of the good vs. bad? When your teams weren't perfect, what did you do? Walk away? it would be interesting to know what schools you support and if they have ever done anything wrong.

One of my kids wen there and really needed what he got there - unconditional love and special attention. I know the CPA administration very well, and they, are for the majority part, dedicated to doing things right. is there reason to criticize? Maybe, but it is mostly good, not all bad, as some outside seem to believe.

Hey, I didn't realize UT was operating from a Christian philosophy like CPA and the two are a good comparison - NOT. Sounds to me like you are a former parent and your kid is an alum? And you know the administration well. You take the time to post quite frequently, have you taken the time to pick up the phone and talk to the administration about the concerns and what is being said?

I am willing to take the time to put my 2cents in, just don't care what is accomplished cause nothing special about it.

CPA4Ever there are a lot of good people at CPA win or lose. Sad thing is, no one likes to lose. That means pride and vanity wins out sometimes and shortcuts are taken.

Pitchfork you better believe a lot of those metro schools beat the bushes and recruit! They don't like the private schools recruiting their kids but it's "ok" if they recruit out of zone kids.

With all respect, understand there are magnets and maybe charters in intercity schoolsbut since no one is hesitating in naming names as far as schools are concerned, if there is recruiting going on, name names and schools. Not saying you are not right but I would almost bet you there are not 10 percent as many as you might think. The constituancy is more into finding schools that will help the kids out educationally wuth other conveniences. If athletics is on top of that and just being able to get to school, that would be great. If there are so many great athletes in metro schools, why aren't there more State Championships. Again with all respect, there are too many other issues to deal with.

Hey, I didn't realize UT was operating from a Christian philosophy like CPA and the two are a good comparison - NOT. Sounds to me like you are a former parent and your kid is an alum? And you know the administration well. You take the time to post quite frequently, have you taken the time to pick up the phone and talk to the administration about the concerns and what is being said?

I am willing to take the time to put my 2cents in, just don't care what is accomplished cause nothing special about it.

A "Christian philosophy" is not a mission to be perfect, or to have a goal that others perceive you as perfect. It is to recognize all are sinners and fallen short and we need grace, mercy, forgiveness, and to not judge others. If someone told me on CoachT you had committed a crime, and I had no proof of it other than heresay, would you expect me to call you and talk about those concerns and what is being said, because I read it on CoachT? We have a legal system to deal with crime, just as we have the TSSAA to deal with sports rules violations. I understand there is controversy about privates playing publics, and there always will be. The situation lends itself to controversy; however, the TSSAA gives privates the choice, and CPA has a right to choose. If rules are broken, proof needs to be provided to the TSSAA, and appropriate action needs to be taken. In 2003, CPA reported itself for a violation they found out about, they forfeited 4 games they had won by over 30 point average, and they had to win their last 5 games to make the playoffs. The Headmaster and AD today are the same ones that were there then.

A "Christian philosophy" is not a mission to be perfect, or to have a goal that others perceive you as perfect. It is to recognize all are sinners and fallen short and we need grace, mercy, forgiveness, and to not judge others. If someone told me on CoachT you had committed a crime, and I had no proof of it other than heresay, would you expect me to call you and talk about those concerns and what is being said, because I read it on CoachT? We have a legal system to deal with crime, just as we have the TSSAA to deal with sports rules violations. I understand there is controversy about privates playing publics, and there always will be. The situation lends itself to controversy; however, the TSSAA gives privates the choice, and CPA has a right to choose. If rules are broken, proof needs to be provided to the TSSAA, and appropriate action needs to be taken. In 2003, CPA reported itself for a violation they found out about, they forfeited 4 games they had won by over 30 point average, and they had to win their last 5 games to make the playoffs. The Headmaster and AD today are the same ones that were there then.

So what you are saying is if you knew me well and you read something about me on coacht, you’d just let it go? Sorry, not buying it. CPA could choose to be more proactive. Ask the TSSAA to come in and investigate how these kids came to be at CPA and how tuition is being paid. Why allow this to continue to swirl around the program if nothing to hide?

So what you are saying is if you knew me well and you read something about me on coacht, you’d just let it go? Sorry, not buying it. CPA could choose to be more proactive. Ask the TSSAA to come in and investigate how these kids came to be at CPA and how tuition is being paid. Why allow this to continue to swirl around the program if nothing to hide?

That's exactly what I am saying. CoachT is fun, but it is nothing but a bunch of anonymous people who can say anything, have no credibility, do not have to prove what they say, and have a lot of prejudices for their own beliefs. No one has to answer to that, and if I was your friend, I would base truth on that friendship and my personal knowledge of you, not what a bunch of strangers say about you on CoachT.

Just as CPA doesn't have to defend itself to people on CoachT, neither do you or I. We are welcome to express our opinion on anything on CoachT, but that doesn't obligate those we attack to defend themselves to us, when we are not who they have to answer to.

That's exactly what I am saying. CoachT is fun, but it is nothing but a bunch of anonymous people who can say anything, have no credibility, do not have to prove what they say, and have a lot of prejudices for their own beliefs. No one has to answer to that, and if I was your friend, I would base truth on that friendship and my personal knowledge of you, not what a bunch of strangers say about you on CoachT.

Just as CPA doesn't have to defend itself to people on CoachT, neither do you or I. We are welcome to express our opinion on anything on CoachT, but that doesn't obligate those we attack to defend themselves to us, when we are not who they have to answer to.

You asked a question, I gave an answer. A lot more truth floating around on CoachT then you give it credit for. At this time with so many ways to obtain and spread information, it is very rare when accusations don't have a foundation. I can't think of any recent examples when that isn't the case anymore, there isn't truth to what simply started out as accusations and denials, can you?

• 2 weeks later...

Back to the topic, yes, CPA should win a state title. They have more talent than anyone else. Regardless of why anybody thinks they do, the kids keep coming to CPA and sounds like more are coming this year. Kind of tough I guess on the kids who have gone there all their life and want to play ball and now can't. But, win a title and it probably won't matter.

Back to the topic, yes, CPA should win a state title. They have more talent than anyone else. Regardless of why anybody thinks they do, the kids keep coming to CPA and sounds like more are coming this year. Kind of tough I guess on the kids who have gone there all their life and want to play ball and now can't. But, win a title and it probably won't matter.

We all know how it is being done, families being attracted to the school’s outstanding reputation who are willing to pay and has nothing to do with undue influence from private lessons, AAU, money or jobs finding its way to those in need. ;)

So remind me what is the topic – CPA having the talent to win state or how it has been done and its effects on others? I think you made the point by bringing up those who don’t get to play any longer - the subject can never simply be related to the competition any longer, a sad state of affairs on CPA’s contribution to high school athletics. This is the case for all schools who take the college approach in its flawed attempt to build a high school program. There should be more to support the way it is suppose to be since neither the rules or the philosophy of high school athletics has changed.

Edited by Hoopit10

Are you a left wing liberal?