2011 Class 2A Coaches Poll

TCstinger

We're hoping pujo. Great year to sneak up on some folks! Tell Coach Lunsford to feed them linemen some more mashed potatos, August is just around the corner.

I think you guys get too much respect to sneak up on anyone. I'd like to see the WG game,saw them at the weight lifting comp and they were impressive. Coach Case has them boys working hard.

As far as the tsters goes,I'm not so sure these mountain people could survive without um. When I was growing up we had something different every day.One day we would have beans and taters and the next day we would have taters and beans.

I think you guys get too much respect to sneak up on anyone. I'd like to see the WG game,saw them at the weight lifting comp and they were impressive. Coach Case has them boys working hard.

As far as the tsters goes,I'm not so sure these mountain people could survive without um. When I was growing up we had something different every day.One day we would have beans and taters and the next day we would have taters and beans.

I hear ya brother! Isn't that why my Irish ancestors moved from Killarney and Dublin, too cold to grow potatos! I prefer beans and taters, myself, but taters and beans is almost as good!

That WG game should be fun. I will have to find out bout this Coach Case. I think he has that program on the right track. The Kentucky game should be a good one too. They throw it all over the field but they just dont play really good defense. I probably shouldn't say anything, haven't kept up with KY high school football in several years.

FC may be the biggest threat, and I'll be keeping a close eye on you Oneida fellers as well. I think you will be top 10 before its all said and done.

The Goat sez; The F.C.S. boys are like the bears in Yellow Stone National park. Yes they are a threat, but they only do real damage once every couple of decades.

I really thought Friendship should have been ranked 2nd,,,and I base that on how well they played against Sissy Mountain and Trousdale last year.They may have lost some key players, though. I don't Know! :huh: And I'm not trying to knock Scooter's Bucs or Butchie's Rebels! :P

I agree that I though FCS should have been #2. The only two teams in 2a that give Signal Mountain any kind of good game was FCS and TCS. Even if they did lose a few players, they are a private school and i'm sure they have some new recruits transfers to move in players to come in and play.

Edited by swanson71

I think Adamsville will make the list! Got a lot coming back and some very talented young guns ! I guess we'll have to prove alot of people wrong again this year also!

I saw the Cardinals last season. If the Cardinals have any speed to along with the size they have should be hard to handle. The Cardinals have a huge line on both size of the ball. I don't put much in rankings anyway well not right now. I believe barring any serious injuries they will be a force in District 15 along with Riverside and TCA. The Cardinals were one of the biggest teams in West Tn 2A i saw last year. I think the Cardinals will have a good season!

Edited by zebra99

I saw the Cardinals last season. If the Cardinals have any speed to along with the size they have should be hard to handle. The Cardinals have a huge line on both size of the ball. I don't put much in rankings anyway well not right now. I believe barring any serious injuries they will be a force in District 15 along with Riverside and TCA. The Cardinals were one of the biggest teams in West Tn 2A i

saw last year. I think the Cardinals will have a good season!

We are blessed with size ! C = 6-1 340 RG= 6-2 320 RT= 6-3 330 LG= 5-11 245 LT= 6-4 310 TE 6-1 245

all returning starters except LG! Speed is also improved , several 4-6 guys. One of those a 6-5 reciever! If we stay healthy it should be a fun ride for the boys in the 'Ville!

I agree that I though FCS should have been #2. The only two teams in 2a that give Signal Mountain any kind of good game was FCS and TCS. Even if they did lose a few players, they are a private school and i'm sure they have some new recruits transfers to move in players to come in and play.

at it again are you swanson? you just love accusing the private school of recruiting dont you? maybe your football team down in Red Boiling Springs can win more than 2 games this year. :roflol:

at it again are you swanson? you just love accusing the private school of recruiting dont you? maybe your football team down in Red Boiling Springs can win more than 2 games this year. :roflol:

Maybe we will win more than 2 games, but I can say 99% of the ball players are from RBS :thumb: It's ashame with the players that come in you all can't beat 2 lil ole towns like TC and Gville...

FCS is going to be tough. A lot of their success will depend on how #7 recovers from Tommy Johns. Me personally, I wouldn't play if I were in his shoes. Any Soph. that pumps mid-90's from the left side doesn't belong on a football field, and I'd tell him the same thing if he wore purple and gold. Unfortunately, we've never had that problem.

If we can find a few lineman, we may win a game or two.