Favorite all time great games

swanson71

To be honest, I don't see what Union or Trevecca are gaining out of moving to DII. I could understand a move to D1.

The only reason I put Bethel in there with Union on Street is that Molly is there now and also Coach Eddings and Nelson are close friends. She's a great player and should do well in her Senior year at Bradford.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't see what Union or Trevecca are gaining out of moving to DII. I could understand a move to D1.

The only reason I put Bethel in there with Union on Street is that Molly is there now and also Coach Eddings and Nelson are close friends. She's a great player and should do well in her Senior year at Bradford.

Union has been after Street for 2 or 3 years now. She is a solid player. She never seems to get tired. I am pretty sure Union is going to be her choice. Union may need to test the waters at DII before thinking about D1. I am pretty sure things are going to be a little different than the NAIA. I have been a Union fan for a long time with all the Bradford girls going there. But I heard they get less scholarships to work with in DII. Then again a major D1 school may offer her a track scholarship and she take it. She realy likes playing ball which will keep her around here. Just my thought.

A few favorites from the past. Bradford vs Gleason games. Players like jessica henson, Tonya Tuggles, Jodie Loynes, Danille Page, Brown, Lannom,Henson,etc vs Gleason with mcilhaney and many other names slip my mind. All of these games for years were decided by 10 points or less and usually one of those teams was in the state games and many times won it. Milan girls with carol smith & janet Nowell vs 2 twins from Martin. milan boys in 03, Bolivar boys recent years, come to mind. Obion county in the Cannon Whitby era, dyer County boys 01-03

• 2 weeks later...

A few favorites from the past. Bradford vs Gleason games. Players like jessica henson, Tonya Tuggles, Jodie Loynes, Danille Page, Brown, Lannom,Henson,etc vs Gleason with mcilhaney and many other names slip my mind. All of these games for years were decided by 10 points or less and usually one of those teams was in the state games and many times won it. Milan girls with carol smith & janet Nowell vs 2 twins from Martin. milan boys in 03, Bolivar boys recent years, come to mind. Obion county in the Cannon Whitby era, dyer County boys 01-03

YES THE BRADFORD - GLEASON GAMES WERE GREAT.

YES THE BRADFORD - GLEASON GAMES WERE GREAT.

Bradford and Gleason also have taken part in some of my all time favorite games...at Scotts Hill.Five times in the nienties(don't remember the exact years)the previously #1 ranked team in state LOST their regional championship game and came calling for the right to go to the 'Boro,and all five times "my" lady lions fell short.With the exception of Michelle Streets'(Bradford) senior season the games could have,and on a couple of occasions should have gone the other way.In the one decisive loss Scotts Hills center blew her knee in the reg. c'ship,and the girls just weren't ready to play.In the other four the round of sixteen games were far tougher for the eventual state champs than any at the glass house.Those girls were never recognized outside the region,but were as good as anyone,bar none.Russell and Frazier were as good as coaches get,Bradford and Gleason brought HUGE crowds,and the roundball was as good as you'll ever see,but if you were there you know that already! :thumb:

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned Riverdale vs Mt.Juliet in first round of state tournament 2010. Two best teams played first round and Riverdale won in double overtime. Amazing plays made by both teams and it was a shame there had to be a loser. Probably the two best coached teams in tournament and definitely most disciplined.

Cannon County vs Livingston, 90 region tournament in Cookeville. Talent include Amy Brown and Julie Powell.

Have to agree totally, Cannon had Livingston down big time ( I think close to 30) Powell was ballin. Livingston comes back and beats them ( might have been OT been a few years now <_< ). Should had been the STATE FINAL GAME instead of Regional I believe Powell went to Vandy, Brown to Old Dominion

Edited by mtnman80

Have to agree totally, Cannon had Livingston down big time ( I think close to 30) Powell was ballin. Livingston comes back and beats them ( might have been OT been a few years now <_< ). Should had been the STATE FINAL GAME instead of Regional I believe Powell went to Vandy, Brown to Old Dominion

Brown went to Louisiana Tech. Teammate and now head coach Smith went to Vandy with Powell.