9AA

flip

Congrats to Greenbrier. They played well especially when it counted in the 4th qtr. The Devils didn't seem to show up. Hopefully they can bounce back this week. Will be tough to do against Macon Co. but hopefully the REAL blue devil team will show up and be ready to play.

I don't see White House being able to compete with Macon (Especially @ Macon). After watching Westmoreland and Goodpasture lose by 2 to White House and then hearing that GB beat White House, I wouldn't be suprised to see Macon run through this district unblemished. :o

Edited by Pepe41

I'm still amazed that Sycamore lost to Westmoreland by 14 last week.

Westmoreland, White House, Sycamore, Greenbrier, and Goodpasture all seem to be playing for #2 behind Macon County in the district.

This district was "solid" last year but I just don't see any chance that any of these teams will be able to compete with the likes of CPA, East Literature, and Maplewood once the Region Tournament begins.

Current District 9-AA Standings

1.) Macon County (3-0)

2.) Greenbrier (2-2)

3.) White House (2-2)

4.) Westmoreland (2-2)

5.) Sycamore (1-2)

6.) Goodpasture (1-3)

Greenbrier is #2 because they beat both White House and Westmoreland head-to-head. White House is #3 by virtue of their win against Westmoreland.

Macon County and Syamore have "only played 3 games" because their matchup last Friday was cancelled due to snow. It will be made up at a later date.

Friday Night's Schedule

Goodpasture vs Greenbrier

White House vs Sycamore

Westmoreland vs Macon County

Well, the Devils played hard but the Tigers were certainly better than us last night. They played excellent defense and knew right where to go with the ball (that's experience my friends). We probably needed to look inside a lot more. Seemed like we could hang with them when we were really making an effort to take it inside. macon's overall length intimidated our outside shooters as they contested them well. If the Devils improve on defense and become more comfortable on offense, we may be able to get them later on. But right now, I would say they are the best team in the District. I still think the tournament will be extremely competitive this year just due to the apparent parity in the District.

That prediction was made in July before school even started. If I knew then that Goodpasture was going to lose three key players then I wouldn't have had them winning the district. Yeah knowing what I know now, I would say Macon is the favorite, but idk about state bound... considering you have to go through the likes of CPA and East Lit to get to get there.

Macon easily wins the district this year. No one can compete with them this year in the district. You are right getting through CPA and East Lit will be tough but if Macon plays like they did against GB they won't have a problem. They played Westmoreland tonight and only won by 10 because Macon didn't show up to play. It would be nice to see both Macon's boys and girls go to state this year! Girls are for sure there!

Macon easily wins the district this year. No one can compete with them this year in the district. You are right getting through CPA and East Lit will be tough but if Macon plays like they did against GB they won't have a problem. They played Westmoreland tonight and only won by 10 because Macon didn't show up to play. It would be nice to see both Macon's boys and girls go to state this year! Girls are for sure there!

Macon boys will win the district.

Huh?????????? You must be joking!

Macon couldn't beat CPA or East Literature if you were to "spot them 20".

District 9 was solid last year and the few years prior to that the teams in this district were solid but this year the district is just downright terrible!

The Top 5 teams from District 10 (CPA, East Literature, David Lipscomb, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn) would all win District 9-AA this year. That's not a "jab" or a "joke" it's just being brutally honest.

District 9 was solid last year and the few years prior to that the teams in this district were solid but this year the district is just downright terrible!

The Top 5 teams from District 10 (CPA, East Literature, David Lipscomb, Maplewood, and Pearl-Cohn) would all win District 9-AA this year. That's not a "jab" or a "joke" it's just being brutally honest.

Spot on! :thumb:

I hate to admit it but at the split of the district season, you are right, for the most part. I would agree that the only team playing really well night in and night out is Macon Co. After seeing all of them, so far I like Sycamore and Macon Co.. Goodpasture could be really good but they need another big man in addition to McElhinney (??). My Blue Devils are feeling pretty blue right now after losing 4 straight. Didn't see this coming but it is what it is. Everyone should be licking their chops to play them now. All you need, is to get a lead and you'll win. We have no offense, other than the couple of sophomores that produce fairly consistently. I don't see it getting turned around so thats it. Beginning to wonder if Coach Spencer will be back next year. A lot of grumblings going on.

I think that Macon would have a pretty good shot at the 10AA teams with the exception of CPA. Baring a major foul up like last year, CPA should move on to the State championship game.