Who is better: Dobyns-Bennett or Greeneville ?

crawdad

Is the question is who is better this year or just as a whole overthe years?? i am guessing this year? Cause if overall that is a no brainer.

I guess the question is talking about the current years (last year and this year). Your right, history says that DB is definitely the better program. Greeneville is currently working to narrow the gap as best they can.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the question is talking about the current years (last year and this year). Your right, history says that DB is definitely the better program. Greeneville is currently working to narrow the gap as best they can.

Ok, was just making sure. I remember the last time we (Oak Ridge) played greeneville yall had a guy named mud turtle, i cant remember his real name? Anyways, this was about 1991 if i am not mistaken? either 91 or 90. Needless to say the turtle didnt do too good lol

Ok, was just making sure. I remember the last time we (Oak Ridge) played greeneville yall had a guy named mud turtle, i cant remember his real name? Anyways, this was about 1991 if i am not mistaken? either 91 or 90. Needless to say the turtle didnt do too good lol

I just looked it up, it was in 1991. I won’t mention the score of that game. Let’s just say, I hope we’ve improved since then.

By the way, I think his name was James “mud turtle†Mayes?

The facts that yall are using to say G-Ville would have beaten D-B last yr is the fact yall won a state title,And that yall scored alot of points.That doesnt prove crap.Anyone tell me how that proves that G-Ville would have won?And if D-B played the teams you did we would have score the same if not more than yall.Yall are sounding like FOOLS.Let me ask you,with that gold ball and points how would yall have done vs ALCOA and MARYVILLE?Your whole fan base looked a FOOL last yr,after the fact you won the title yall wanted to start chatting we want MARYVILLE.Us D-B fans might get on here and brag alot about running over NE Tenn,But come friday nites we have RESPECT for visting fans and teams.And me may act like kids on here like most all of us do.We still have CLASS and wouldnt go running off at the mouth to a TRUE TITLE PROGRAM if we'd just won our first. :thumb:

Yall are sounding like FOOLS.Let me ask you,with that gold ball and points how would yall have done vs ALCOA and MARYVILLE?Your whole fan base looked a FOOL last yr,after the fact you won the title yall wanted to start chatting we want MARYVILLE.Us D-B fans might get on here and brag alot about running over NE Tenn,But come friday nites we have RESPECT for visting fans and teams.And me may act like kids on here like most all of us do.We still have CLASS and wouldnt go running off at the mouth to a TRUE TITLE PROGRAM if we'd just won our first. :thumb:

I kinda think they got caught up in the moment on that one. I do give them an award for the most unique homemade noisemakers in one place though. Very creative, if slightly overzealous, bunch. :thumb: I'll pull for them again if they make it to Cookeville!

Edited by Red Rebels

The facts that yall are using to say G-Ville would have beaten D-B last yr is the fact yall won a state title,And that yall scored alot of points.That doesnt prove crap.Anyone tell me how that proves that G-Ville would have won?And if D-B played the teams you did we would have score the same if not more than yall.Yall are sounding like FOOLS.Let me ask you,with that gold ball and points how would yall have done vs ALCOA and MARYVILLE?Your whole fan base looked a FOOL last yr,after the fact you won the title yall wanted to start chatting we want MARYVILLE.Us D-B fans might get on here and brag alot about running over NE Tenn,But come friday nites we have RESPECT for visting fans and teams.And me may act like kids on here like most all of us do.We still have CLASS and wouldnt go running off at the mouth to a TRUE TITLE PROGRAM if we'd just won our first. :thumb:

Seriously?

I just looked it up, it was in 1991. I won’t mention the score of that game. Let’s just say, I hope we’ve improved since then.

By the way, I think his name was James “mud turtle†Mayes?

hahaha yeah, it wasnt a close ballgame. We(oak ridge) was ranked 20th in the whole nation at the end of that year, so nothing to be ashamed about.

We will never know who had the best team last year or any other year it's not a real game.The same question as to who had the very best team in the state at the end of the playoffs last year.Last years scrimmage was some of the best football I saw in 2010.Was it played like a Jamboree,NO.There were guys with blood on both sides.Great athletes on both sides,but still a scrimmage(practice}.Yes you can tell if the teams would be competative,and they were very close in talent last year.DB is twice the size of Greeneville but they are similar in other ways.Both schools have some of the best athletes,coaches and very best facilities in east Tennessee.Both are the most loved and most hated in their counties.Both have the very best fans that will travel anywhere in great numbers,nomatter what kind of team they have.On this subject,I'm as close to a know it all as it get's on coachT.Roll Tribe and Go Devils