Who is better: Dobyns-Bennett or Greeneville ?

crawdad

Seriously?

DUDE,GIRL or WHATEVER you are dont even go there.Need i remind you of your little reb players that came to the KnoxF game and was standing on the rail on the vistiors side making comments to there Cheerleaders and team.But like yall said last yr,It didnt happen,So i guess it didnt.And like when D-B comes over to that DUMP of a stadium,Yall have all those BRATS walkin around the track and holling at D-B fans.But i guess that dont happen ethier.Seriously,Go back to your post or should i say our post and let fans of top programs talk.Yall aint nowhere near ethier one of these programs.But yall will be soon :thumb::roflol:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The facts that yall are using to say G-Ville would have beaten D-B last yr is the fact yall won a state title,And that yall scored alot of points.That doesnt prove crap.Anyone tell me how that proves that G-Ville would have won?And if D-B played the teams you did we would have score the same if not more than yall.Yall are sounding like FOOLS.Let me ask you,with that gold ball and points how would yall have done vs ALCOA and MARYVILLE?Your whole fan base looked a FOOL last yr,after the fact you won the title yall wanted to start chatting we want MARYVILLE.Us D-B fans might get on here and brag alot about running over NE Tenn,But come friday nites we have RESPECT for visting fans and teams.And me may act like kids on here like most all of us do.We still have CLASS and wouldnt go running off at the mouth to a TRUE TITLE PROGRAM if we'd just won our first. :thumb:

Seriously man, what exactly is your problem? Trust me, if anyone knows how good Maryville is, it is Greeneville. They knocked Greeneville out in the Semi-Finals two times in the last 10 years in the old classification. I probably respect Maryville more than any other program in Tennessee. It was just some overly excited students who saw the Maryville team/fans walking in, and they started acting stupid. Don’t hold that against the rest of us. By your logic, I should make assumptions about the entire DB fanbase based strictly on your posts. I’m sure DB has a small group of fans that have done or said some dumb things over the years.

The point record is great, but it really doesn’t mean a whole lot in my opinion. Could DB have done it if they played in our division? Probably, but that is kind of irrelevant considering you would be 6A school playing 3A and 4A teams. That’s about like saying that UT could score 100 points against Tusculum. Even if they could, would it really prove anything? Greeneville only ran up the score one time the entire year, and that was against the classless team they beat in the championship. The rest of the time, the starters played maybe half the game. If Greeneville really cared about the scoring record, they could have scored 800-1000 points. Again, it still wouldn’t have meant a whole lot because there are so many factors that go into a scoring record. At this point, it is simply an impressive stat.

The reason that we are saying that we could have potentially beaten DB is this, regardless of what you say Greeneville had a very good team last year and again this year. Sure, DB has more depth, but DB does not have better talent than Greeneville. If you compare starters to starters, I think you will find that Greeneville compares favorably to DB. Again, we will never know how the actual game would go, but it certainly isn’t absurd to think Greeneville could beat DB on occasion.

My problem is,People like you that think just because you were runnerup and champs last yr and the yr before that D-B is suppost to bow down to G-Ville.The post i read that you wrote was talking about our titles and how they want earned,and yes that is what you said.But say what you want,BUT I'M A 1000% sure yall wouldnt have beat D-B last yr.Stay in 4A and win yall somemore titles.Cause you wouldnt do it in 6A. :thumb:

My problem is,People like you that think just because you were runnerup and champs last yr and the yr before that D-B is suppost to bow down to G-Ville.The post i read that you wrote was talking about our titles and how they want earned,and yes that is what you said.But say what you want,BUT I'M A 1000% sure yall wouldnt have beat D-B last yr.Stay in 4A and win yall somemore titles.Cause you wouldnt do it in 6A. :thumb:

Hey, as long as we are winning titles in our class, then I’ll be happy. Could Greeneville win a state championship in 6A? Probably not, but they’re not suppose to either. DB hasn’t won any 6A titles yet either, so I don’t know how that is even relevant to the conversation.

When have I ever said DB should bow down to Greeneville? I have given DB credit, where credit is due. You simply can’t stand that Greeneville is getting any attention at all in NE Tennessee. I’ve got bad news for you, I don’t think Greeneville is going anywhere anytime soon.

By the way, how can you be a “1000%†sure?

Hey, as long as we are winning titles in our class, then I’ll be happy. Could Greeneville win a state championship in 6A? Probably not, but they’re not suppose to either. DB hasn’t won any 6A titles yet either, so I don’t know how that is even relevant to the conversation.

When have I ever said DB should bow down to Greeneville? I have given DB credit, where credit is due. You simply can’t stand that Greeneville is getting any attention at all in NE Tennessee. I’ve got bad news for you, I don’t think Greeneville is going anywhere anytime soon.

By the way, how can you be a “1000%†sure?

Ignore this Idiot. He's a poser. Not even a DB fan. Just some flake trying to get everybody all upset at DB fans. Makes everything up as he goes along......im sure you have noticed that.

As a Maryville fan, I have respect for both programs. Love the D-B traditions and the excitement surrounding the Greeneville program. Both are good for East Tennessee football.

D-B has played teams that can give an outsider a way to evaluate their talent (Farragut,Clinton(with Stone)Oak Ridge -Better games before the new alignment). Even playoff games (Maryville,Bearden) and scrimmages have helped.

In contrast Greeneville hasn't played anybody! That does not mean you are not a great team!! I believe you are!! Just don't have a marquee game to prove it! But you will after this year! Alcoa was the best team in the state last year! They haven't lost anymore key players than you have. I know neither team is the same team from last year, but they are close to the same. This game will tell all of Tennessee exactly where you stand!

I was very impressed with Greeneville at the 7 on 7's at Maryville college. The scrimmage with Maryville on the 5th will help, but will not be definitive (GQ never shows all his cards in a scrimmage). Alcoa will have 200 people at the Greeneville/Maryville scrimmage even though they have a scrimmage with Powell that night. That should tell you how much Alcoa respects your program. That being true, I don't believe Greeneville will want to show too much!

Therefore, we won't know anything until about 10:00 PM E.S.T. September 23, 2011

Personally, I think Greeneville would have beat D-B last year. But, what do I know, I thought D-B would give Maryville a good game in the play-offs a few years ago - Man was I wrong on that one!

As a Maryville fan, I have respect for both programs. Love the D-B traditions and the excitement surrounding the Greeneville program. Both are good for East Tennessee football.

D-B has played teams that can give an outsider a way to evaluate their talent (Farragut,Clinton(with Stone)Oak Ridge -Better games before the new alignment). Even playoff games (Maryville,Bearden) and scrimmages have helped.

In contrast Greeneville hasn't played anybody! That does not mean you are not a great team!! I believe you are!! Just don't have a marquee game to prove it! But you will after this year! Alcoa was the best team in the state last year! They haven't lost anymore key players than you have. I know neither team is the same team from last year, but they are close to the same. This game will tell all of Tennessee exactly where you stand!

I was very impressed with Greeneville at the 7 on 7's at Maryville college. The scrimmage with Maryville on the 5th will help, but will not be definitive (GQ never shows all his cards in a scrimmage). Alcoa will have 200 people at the Greeneville/Maryville scrimmage even though they have a scrimmage with Powell that night. That should tell you how much Alcoa respects your program. That being true, I don't believe Greeneville will want to show too much!

Therefore, we won't know anything until about 10:00 PM E.S.T. September 23, 2011

Personally, I think Greeneville would have beat D-B last year. But, what do I know, I thought D-B would give Maryville a good game in the play-offs a few years ago - Man was I wrong on that one!

'76 good post.... :thumb:

good post. Greeneville had a great team last yr and so did DB. Who knows when two teams line up. But you're wrong about the DB Maryville a couple of yrs ago. Yous cant just take a 5-5 team into Rebel territory(Maryville that is) and expect to compete. I would love to see some DB/Maryville games, and regardless what some idiots say, we have the most respect for your program, we aint scared, but we do have respect.

good post. Greeneville had a great team last yr and so did DB. Who knows when two teams line up. But you're wrong about the DB Maryville a couple of yrs ago. Yous cant just take a 5-5 team into Rebel territory(Maryville that is) and expect to compete. I would love to see some DB/Maryville games, and regardless what some idiots say, we have the most respect for your program, we aint scared, but we do have respect.

I agree D-B was a bit down that year. Mutual Respect for the D-B program and their fans here in Maryville. Anxious to see if a Greeneville win over Alcoa would change the attitudes of some NET posters toward the G-ville program?

DB was way down when they played Maryville.One offensive weapon and he didn't play that night.I don't think it would have been close last year either,but much more competitive from DB's standpoint then the ugly showing in 2009.I give Greeneville credit for taking on Alcoa this year.I probably wouldn't have done it,but give them credit for the move.I agree about scrimmaging Maryville with the way coach Quarles works a scrimmage,it won't tell Greeneville anything about where they are compared to the Rebels.

Good post. Greeneville plays in a very weak conference. That is no secret. The only positive to that is, it allows Gville to schedule tougher non-conference games because they should always get enough wins in conference to have a good record. I think Coach Ballard is the type of coach who wants to test his team against the best. That is evident by scrimmages against DB and Maryville, and the regular season game against Alcoa.

I’m glad Greeneville is playing Alcoa. I can handle a loss if it is against a great team and it is getting you better for the playoffs. If Greeneville plays really well in that game, then who knows maybe we can pull of an upset. I just hope they play well enough against Alcoa (win or lose) to gain some respect from the rest of the state. My biggest fear is them overlooking Science Hill or Morristown West early in the season. I expect SH to be much better this year, and Morristown West is a rivalry game and is always a good game (although, I have no idea what they have returning this year). The first half of the schedule for Greeneville should be a very good test for them.