District 14-A

UCTdoes

Any thoughts on the District, will it be strong, weak, or a non-factor? What about Lake Co., Greenfield, Bradford, South Fulton, and Union City? Any thoughts?

Lake Co has everyone back so they should be the team to beat.But in saying that,even though they have won the past few seasons they have underacheived once tournament play begins.Happened two years ago when they lost to Humboldt,a team they handidly beat by close to 20 points both previous games.Last year had a 5 point lead and lost in overtime at the State and seem happy to play slow ball when there were several chances to push the ball.Union city had a young team last year and should be a good team this year as well as South Fulton and Bradford.I think it will be a battle between them for the 2nd spot. Not sure how much Greenfield lost but do know they lost a very good player in Jordan Gailey.Not sure if they'll have the scorers this year to battle for the top spots.

Edited by mrbigster

In my opinion, Union City will be the only team that might be able to play with Lake Co. for 4 quarters. Union City was young last year and had some good athletic players. Union City also got a transfer in in Tori Reedy. She's a big addition for the Lady Tornados. She is strong with the ball and makes some tough shots. She'll be a force down in the post in 14A. From top to bottom, this district is down from years past.

Top 4 in my opinion this year in 14A:

1) Lake Co.

2) Union City

3) Bradford

4) Trenton

Edited by GCPioneer

Lake Co has everyone back so they should be the team to beat.But in saying that,even though they have won the past few seasons they have underacheived once tournament play begins.Happened two years ago when they lost to Humboldt,a team they handidly beat by close to 20 points both previous games.Last year had a 5 point lead and lost in overtime at the State and seem happy to play slow ball when there were several chances to push the ball.Union city had a young team last year and should be a good team this year as well as South Fulton and Bradford.I think it will be a battle between them for the 2nd spot. Not sure how much Greenfield lost but do know they lost a very good player in Jordan Gailey.Not sure if they'll have the scorers this year to battle for the top spots.

You are correct, Lake County has underachieved. I have heard a lot about and from them in the last couple of years but haven't got to play for that gold ball. I would like to see them playing on television for the gold ball so I can actually see them play. Good luck to everyone :thumb:

You are correct, Lake County has underachieved. I have heard a lot about and from them in the last couple of years but haven't got to play for that gold ball. I would like to see them playing on television for the gold ball so I can actually see them play. Good luck to everyone :thumb:

Maybe you'll finally get to see them play Jackson Co on tv this year..At least the boys did get to play on tv..lol

In my opinion, Union City will be the only team that might be able to play with Lake Co. for 4 quarters. Union City was young last year and had some good athletic players. Union City also got a transfer in in Tori Reedy. She's a big addition for the Lady Tornados. She is strong with the ball and makes some tough shots. She'll be a force down in the post in 14A. From top to bottom, this district is down from years past.

Top 4 in my opinion this year in 14A:

1) Lake Co.

2) Union City

3) Bradford

4) Trenton

Isn't that the Reedy girl that Gibson Co has had the past couple seasons?If so,did her family move back to Obion Co?

With that new addition in mind I think the size of UC will be a problem for most A schools, and with the Basketball IQ/pedgree that Reedy brings to that young team of mostly underclassmen Lake Co. will have to come to play every night against them or they could be in trouble. I am eager to see how well these new look tornadoes play this year and if they can turn the next page with fresh attitudes and hungry young talent.

Based on that,I'd probably put them in the # 2 spot..They lost Huff but should be a good rebounding team and strong on the boards.

With that new addition in mind I think the size of UC will be a problem for most A schools, and with the Basketball IQ/pedgree that Reedy brings to that young team of mostly underclassmen Lake Co. will have to come to play every night against them or they could be in trouble. I am eager to see how well these new look tornadoes play this year and if they can turn the next page with fresh attitudes and hungry young talent.

If Reedy eventually gets the heigth that Aubrey has/had, she'll be every bit as good as Aubrey was in HS. I think UC will have something to be excited about this year in girls basketball. Coach Suiter has already done a pretty good job with that team in just the few years he's been there.

If Reedy eventually gets the heigth that Aubrey has/had, she'll be every bit as good as Aubrey was in HS. I think UC will have something to be excited about this year in girls basketball. Coach Suiter has already done a pretty good job with that team in just the few years he's been there.

I think Union City will be better overall,still not sure if they have any shooters.Is the white girl back.She had a pretty good shot from outside.Humboldt had a team about like this Union City team a couple years ago.Very good rebounders but had Hubbard.Not sure Union City does. Union City wants to use the big girl to bring the ball down the court and she does pretty good for her size.Sreakyshooter.Not really a good shooter but sometimes will have her nights.I like the other girl down low.Seems like her name is Jackie.If her parents really wanted to load up,looks like Central would have been better with all the girls they have returning and the big girl down low.As for Lake Co being mostly under classmen,still have 3 veterans in Carnation Hart and T.T. Flowers and Simone Pearson.I look for Tiana Gray to be better this coming year in shooting the ball.Brooke Horton and Shasta Bolden can also shoot the ball.Lake Co needs a big girl or 1 more player that is a little quicker ..They do have the Yancy girl who is going to be a clone of T.T.Maybe she will be able to help on defense.May even be times when she brings the ball down the court or Lake Co plays Carnation on the Reedy girl and have Simone and T.T. guard the other two big girls.May have T.T. guarding the big girl and pressure her on bringing the ball and really make her work on bringing the ball down the court.That will take a lot out of her.We'll see.Still think Lake Co will win by about 8 to 10 points most nights.

Edited by mrbigster