District 14-A

UCTdoes

Lake Co. is definitely the team to beat in 14A. UC sounds like they will be much improved with Reedy moving(being recruited) into UC. But, dont count Bradford and Greenfield out. Greenfield has some very good, young players. I'm like greenfieldfan...they will be a little young this year....but you never know...you add in the older players we've got, along with the young talent moving up....

Lake Co. is definitely the team to beat in 14A. UC sounds like they will be much improved with Reedy moving(being recruited) into UC. But, dont count Bradford and Greenfield out. Greenfield has some very good, young players. I'm like greenfieldfan...they will be a little young this year....but you never know...you add in the older players we've got, along with the young talent moving up....

Reedy is no more recruited than the lake county basketball player last year on the boys team during the playoffs and two football players at Obion Central....... ( Parr & Fair ).

Reedy is no more recruited than the lake county basketball player last year on the boys team during the playoffs and two football players at Obion Central....... ( Parr & Fair ).

I'm not saying Reedy was recruited.I'm sure her family moved.Just like they moved from Central when big sis played at Gibson Co.Everyone knows why I'm sure but that is up to her family.Maybe they moved back to Obion co thinking Union City will win the State.As for Parr moving from Dyer Co,I think they moved which is within the guidelines.As for Swift,he was already at Lake Co.He moved to Fulton and moved back .His mother lives at Tiptonville and has lived there the whole time.So what is the recruiting there?Can't answer about Fair .I did hear he was from somewhere else but I don't know his situation.But Union city fans are ones to talk with some of the boys they had transfer in when Weddle was playing.Seems like an Allen kid and maybe others.But as long as a move was made,no big deal.The only problem i have is when a kid lives in a town like Union city and drives to maybe Dyer co or Westview to play ball.Like several Lake Co students are doing now,actually living in Lake Co and going to dyer co.Have no problem if their parents move from Lake Co to dyer Co.But the TSSAA allows it so parents and schools are going to allow it to happen.Lake Co is at the end of the earth on the map.We dodn't have towns surrounding Lake Co like Dyer Co does.Like Union City does.Schools close by in about 3 different directions.Plus the Kentucky schools that are close to Union city.I noticed the Memphis Commissioners are wanting Bass Pro to only hire Memphis people.Or at least 80 percent.Maybe that's what the Lake Co Port authority should do.Hire people but have a restriction like most police and sheriff Dept. do.Have to live in that county.That way we could use the Port for some recruiting of our own.If Union City or Dyer Co want a job..move to Lake Co...lol...

Have a section on the employment application about family members.How old and what grade and their height.If a family has a 6'4 child in the 8th grade or a child about 6'9 in high school..Stamp out beside it: YOU'RE HIRED.

Edited by mrbigster

Is there a bit of concern in you last response about the UC team? Sounds like you might feel a litle threatened by Reedy playing for UC. As long as you know that Reedy moved from Gibson Co. to UC that is all that matters right, same as your Swift kid from Ky. If the Reedy girl moved to UC thinking she will win State, then Lake Co's. last chance at winning is spoiled by Reedy and Union City. Sorry:P

<BR>I'm not saying Reedy was recruited.I'm sure her family moved.Just like they moved from Central when big sis played at Gibson Co.Everyone knows why I'm sure but that is up to her family.Maybe they moved back to Obion co thinking Union City will win the State.As for Parr moving from Dyer Co,I think they moved which is within the guidelines.As for Swift,he was already at Lake Co.He moved to Fulton and moved back .His mother lives at Tiptonville and has lived there the whole time.So what is the recruiting there?Can't answer about Fair .I did hear he was from somewhere else but I don't know his situation.But Union city fans are ones to talk with some of the boys they had transfer in when Weddle was playing.Seems like an Allen kid and maybe others.But as long as a move was made,no big deal.The only problem i have is when a kid lives in a town like Union city and drives to maybe Dyer co or Westview to play ball.Like several Lake Co students are doing now,actually living in Lake Co and going to dyer co.Have no problem if their parents move from Lake Co to dyer Co.But the TSSAA allows it so parents and schools are going to allow it to happen.Lake Co is at the end of the earth on the map.We dodn't have towns surrounding Lake Co like Dyer Co does.Like Union City does.Schools close by in about 3 different directions.Plus the Kentucky schools that are close to Union city.I noticed the Memphis Commissioners are wanting Bass Pro to only hire Memphis people.Or at least 80 percent.Maybe that's what the Lake Co Port authority should do.Hire people but have a restriction like most police and sheriff Dept. do.Have to live in that county.That way we could use the Port for some recruiting of our own.If Union City or Dyer Co want a job..move to Lake Co...lol...<BR><BR>Have a section on the employment application about family members.How old and what grade and their height.If a family has a 6'4 child in the 8th grade or a child about 6'9 in high school..Stamp out beside it: YOU'RE HIRED.<BR>
Edited by UCTdoes

Is there a bit of concern in you last response about the UC team? Sounds like you might feel a litle threatened by Reedy playing for UC. As long as you know that Reedy moved from Gibson Co. to UC that is all that matters right, same as your Swift kid from Ky. If the Reedy girl moved to UC thinking she will win State, then Lake Co's. last chance at winning is spoiled by Reedy and Union City. Sorry:P

No concern here.Like I said..if she moved then that is fine.If her family didn't move then she would be ineligible.As for making UC a contender,I said maybe her family felt that way.Not that I feel that way.A big difference.Like I said earlier.Lake Co beat Union City by an average of 30 points a game last year and I dodn't think Reedy is 30 points better plus UC lost Huff.So no concern here.All I can say is you better get her in shape or play half court ball because UC sure won't run with them.The concern should be on the UC end with the thumpings they took last year and everyone back.

But it's ok to dream.I've been dreaming of a state championship for the girls the past two seasons after they made it as freshmen.

Edited by mrbigster

I'm glad that UC is on the minds of fans from other schools. That makes me feel like the Lady T's are moving in the right direction. Wonder what would happen if we actually won something. It is amazing to see that you really thought that much about Huff, let's see she was the third option that year to two freshmen, didn't even score double figures and she never played any defense. Looks like we got an upgrade from Huff with Reedy. Ray Charles could see that and he is blind, wore shades and is dead.

No concern here.Like I said..if she moved then that is fine.If her family didn't move then she would be ineligible.As for making UC a contender,I said maybe her family felt that way.Not that I feel that way.A big difference.Like I said earlier.Lake Co beat Union City by an average of 30 points a game last year and I dodn't think Reedy is 30 points better plus UC lost Huff.So no concern here.All I can say is you better get her in shape or play half court ball because UC sure won't run with them.The concern should be on the UC end with the thumpings they took last year and everyone back.

But it's ok to dream.I've been dreaming of a state championship for the girls the past two seasons after they made it as freshmen.

Edited by UCTdoes

I'm glad that UC is on the minds of fans from other schools. That makes me feel like the Lady T's are moving in the right direction. Wonder what would happen if we actually won something. It is amazing to see that you really thought that much about Huff, let's see she was the third option that year to two freshmen, didn't even score double figures and she never played any defense. Looks like we got an upgrade from Huff with Reedy. Ray Charles could see that and he is blind, wore shades and is dead.

If I'm not mistaken,Huff was kinda of a go to player after Union City lost their best player off the team a couple seasons ago.And I'll admit,she didn't do much the first two games Lake Co and Union City played.But then again.Nobody from Union city did.But yes your freshman may have had about

16 points.But I remember her bringing the up up the court,shooting from around the free throw line and shooting about 30 times and making 7.A lot of low line drive shots with no arch at all.But I also think in the 3rd game that Huff kept Union City in the ball game.Didn't like UC tactics in a couple of the games .

UCT does said :I'm glad that UC is on the minds of fans from other schools

Yes I am glad that UC is on my mind also.So glad that I just can't wait so I looked past to last year just for a reminder of the games.I posted a thred from last year below:

Lake co went to Union city tonight and won 70-39.Very impressive win on Union City's home floor..Lake Co also beat Union City by 31 points at Lake Co..Lake Co was led tonight by T.T. Flowers who had 36 points.The Union City announcer was saying before the game that Union City would have to play just about a turnover free game to win and that T.T. Flowers was the one that sets the table for Lake Co.She sure did that tonight.Scored at will on a variety of moves and shots.And her defense is as good as it gets.A lot of the Lake co points in every game comes from the defense.When Lake Co plays defense the way they are playing now..should have a chance to win every game.Congrats on the win.

Edited by mrbigster

The fact that we are even on your mind is enough for me. The third game was which was the District Championship was close until the refs decided (UC might win gotta stop this now) to open the gap from the free throw line about the 5:00 min mark of the 4th qtr. All the tactics that UC used that were a part of the game. The Lake Co girls are used to playing without any contact and the last time I checked basketball is a contact sport, all UC did was not let Lake Co. do what they wanted to do and until the refs started calling ticky tack fouls the Lake Co. girls began to fall apart, complain and whine about things not going there way. IUC was simply trying to play a style of basketball that would allow them to win the game. In earlier conversations we discussed the fact that UC should slow the game down and play half court bball. If the game is half court then there will be more physical contact in the game which Lake Co. doesn't like. That's what happened to Lake Co. at the State Tourney. UC is HUGE this year get ready for more basketball being played in the paint. If you have size you should use it to your advantage.

UCT does said :I'm glad that UC is on the minds of fans from other schools

Yes I am glad that UC is on my mind also.So glad that I just can't wait so I looked past to last year just for a reminder of the games.I posted a thred from last year below:

Lake co went to Union city tonight and won 70-39.Very impressive win on Union City's home floor..Lake Co also beat Union City by 31 points at Lake Co..Lake Co was led tonight by T.T. Flowers who had 36 points.The Union City announcer was saying before the game that Union City would have to play just about a turnover free game to win and that T.T. Flowers was the one that sets the table for Lake Co.She sure did that tonight.Scored at will on a variety of moves and shots.And her defense is as good as it gets.A lot of the Lake co points in every game comes from the defense.When Lake Co plays defense the way they are playing now..should have a chance to win every game.Congrats on the win.

Edited by UCTdoes

The fact that we are even on your mind is enough for me. The third game was which was the District Championship was close until the refs decided (UC might win gotta stop this now) to open the gap from the free throw line about the 5:00 min mark of the 4th qtr. All the tactics that UC used that were a part of the game. The Lake Co girls are used to playing without any contact and the last time I checked basketball is a contact sport, all UC did was not let Lake Co. do what they wanted to do and until the refs started calling ticky tack fouls the Lake Co. girls began to fall apart, complain and whine about things not going there way. IUC was simply trying to play a style of basketball that would allow them to win the game. In earlier conversations we discussed the fact that UC should slow the game down and play half court bball. If the game is half court then there will be more physical contact in the game which Lake Co. doesn't like. That's what happened to Lake Co. at the State Tourney. UC is HUGE this year get ready for more basketball being played in the paint. If you have size you should use it to your advantage.

I was never in doubt who was going to win.As for the tactics,it's one thing to be physical and another to do what they did.I wrote about it and found the post.Carnation was clotheslined.Looked like someone running at night and didn't see a wire and went straight to the ground.But then to see Hudson,Huff and another player looking at each other laughing about it while she was shooting free throws tells me it was pretty intentional.And the next game one of the Union City players knocked Tiana over the bench.Intentional fouls were called.If that's what the UC girls are taught then so be it.I can see yalls coach probably telling Hudson and Reedy to really push into Carnation hoping to get her riled from physical play.But UC will have to compensate for her speed.But you talking about the championship game and the calls.Fair could have fouled out in the first quarter.She's slow on defense and was grabbing to keep players from going around her.Defense is suppose to be move your feet.Not stand straight up and reach out to keep someone from going around.Lake Co will probably play a press and man to man but I'd like to see them actually play a zone and pack it in on UC.Union City has nobody that would be an outside threat shooting the ball other than Fair and she's about a 35 percent shooter.

Just found my post from the previous meetings:

No problems if the game is tight but once they start losing and have to foul..just a little bit short of being called a dirty team.At least in the games I've watched them.Tonight they fouled a couple pretty hard fouls and had intentional fouls called.On one ,the Union City player knocked Tiana into the Lake Co bench.Why I think it may be dirty is the way all of them were laughing about it.Jackie Hudson and Huff seemed to think it was very funny.But that foul was nothing close to last game when Union City had a couple hard fouls late and one of them was when a Union City player clothe-lined Carnation Hart.Looked like the old clothes lines outside and you forget it is there and are running and hit very hard.Again..the Union City players ,especially #32 and Huff and Jackie Hudson,were really laughing about it and were still laughing when she shot free throws.Anyway.Congrats on the championship Lady Falcons.

Edited by mrbigster

Sorry no kids from South Fulton this year. Maybe we could get a 6'5' post player from Chicago or New York I mean since we have this great recruitng machine going on down here. I really am starting to believe you are a bit worried about the up coming season. Your confidence seems a little shaky.

<BR>Yall got the Reedy girl from Gibson co.Chipper said the UC boys got a couple tranfers from South Fulton.Did yall get any from South Fulton.?Come on.You can tell us .Maybe the real good player they have.Come on.Tell me now so I don't have night mares.<BR>
<BR><BR><BR>
<BR>Yall got the Reedy girl from Gibson co.Chipper said the UC boys got a couple tranfers from South Fulton.Did yall get any from South Fulton.?Come on.You can tell us .Maybe the real good player they have.Come on.Tell me now so I don't have night mares.<BR>
Edited by UCTdoes