District 14-A

UCTdoes

I have but one question for daroundball, and greenfieldfan. How do you think your teams based on what you have returning and incoming will fare against Union City? I just want to know that. I know you think UC has no chance against Lake Co. I made the comment about UC and Lake Co. contesting first place in the district and someone thought I was way out of line. Looking at the UC team on the defensive end of the floor guarding the three point line has not been a problem it was simply dribble pentration and that was due to some seniors who could play dead in a war movie when it come to defense. Our defense should be much improved this year with the maturity of returning players and additon of other players. That is the reason I feel UC will have a chance against Lake Co. This year the defense will not be pourous like last years team. The season grows ever closer and all the answers will be given. I am eager to see what you response to the qusetion posed earlier in this reply. Mr. Bigster if he is truthfull knows UC will be something to worry about this year and they will have problems matching up due to the fact they only have one true post player.

I am going to be truthful.Yes I believe UC is going to be better this year.Just because of the bigger girls on defense and more bulk.Should be betetr on defense and I see Union City slowing the tempo and slowing the ball down.The thing is ,can they not turn the ball over or limit the turnovers against Lake Co's press.I know last year I saw several times that a player would dribble the ball and have Fair beat and she would reach out just to try to keep the player from going past her.And a lot of times wasnt called.Don't think her foot work on defense is good at all.If I'm Lake Co coach,first thing I'm going to say to the officials before the game is to watch Fair putting a hand on a Lake Co ball player to impede the girl from driving past her.Same as all the coaches telling the officials to watch T.T. charging,saying she is very fast and plays out of control.I can promise every opposing coacg has talked to the officials before every game.T.T. has 1 foul on her coming off the bus.As for not having a post game.Carnation is always under sized but she is very quick and doesn't give an inch to anyone under the basket.It's not like UC has a couple 6'4 girls.And Lake Co has played a team with a couple girls in the 6'3 range with basically these same girls.Lake Co can play two ways.Have Carnation on Reedy or maybe even Hudson.Let Simone guard the other girl.Simone has some bulk.Or let Simone stay out front and guard Fair and put T.T. down low and have her front one of the other girls down low.She played back there a lot last year.Wouldnt be surprised to see her against Hudson and Carnation on Reedy.

Edited by mrbigster

I have but one question for daroundball, and greenfieldfan. How do you think your teams based on what you have returning and incoming will fare against Union City? I just want to know that.

This is just my opinion but you asked. I think Bradford will split with Union City in the regular season, Bradford will have the best player on the floor and a bunch of players who can shoot outside. Also Coach Eddings is worth 10 points in a big game.

As for Greenfield I look for Union City to win at home and it will be a dogfight at Greenfield. Greenfield has enough talent to beat Union city even though Union City is bigger. Greenfield has a couple freshman that are going to get better every game. If S. McMullen doesnt get in foul trouble it will go down to the wire in Greenfield. Coach T will have a game plan so dont count Greenfield out.

When tournament time rolls around dont count Bradford or Greenfield out.

If you look back a few posts I said UC had a real deal player. But, calm down and let the girls play before you take the trip to the boro. You have talent, but so does lake co. You have NO ONE to guard Street. And if bradford is hitting their shots, you will be in big trouble. But if not, UC will have the advantage. Bradford is a hard place to get a win. Lake co is near impossible these days, and Greenfield is a hard place for a win. Alot of good teams out there, hoping lake co stumbles. UC may be the team, may not.

Let's look at the Union City Girls Team like this...knowing anything about western Tennessee football, Obion County Central has been the "doormate" so to speak opf football in western Tennessee for years. This year is their year and have returned the favor most of the time to others in having a awsome team this year. The Union City girls basketball program should be the same way. All of these teams who have come in and romped on the girls night after night....not this year, they have been the "doormate" of girls basketball for years in western tennessee. They have waited long enough and who would have ever dreamed of Union City being the subject of discussion on CoachT on how good they may be or how far they may go in post season.

Let's look at the Union City Girls Team like this...knowing anything about western Tennessee football, Obion County Central has been the "doormate" so to speak opf football in western Tennessee for years. This year is their year and have returned the favor most of the time to others in having a awsome team this year. The Union City girls basketball program should be the same way. All of these teams who have come in and romped on the girls night after night....not this year, they have been the "doormate" of girls basketball for years in western tennessee. They have waited long enough and who would have ever dreamed of Union City being the subject of discussion on CoachT on how good they may be or how far they may go in post season.

you're right.And had some of the Central fans talking smack.And Central has an outstanding team this year.And then they ran into Covington.Do you see the similiarties?Same as yall in basketball.Yall are going to have a great season and then yall are going to run into Lake Co.I dont think Uc is going to be a doormat this year and maybe even the past several seasons.I think they have a chance to go to the substate and maybe the Boro.But Bradford and Street could be a good teast as well.And not sure about Greenfield yet.I need to see them.I know they have some very good younger players and the past couple seasons have lost some studs.South Fulton has a very good player that you mentioned in an earlier post.Not sure about their team but i think they were young.But I'll admit,The Tornadoes should be in the mix.

Edited by mrbigster

But I will agree,it's always been the UC boys.Maybe this is the year for the girls to get some recognition.I've noticed a lot of times ,the UC side doesn't trickle in a lot of times until about half time of the girls game for the boys game and the past year or so the boys attendance hasnt been what it use to be in past seasons.Be nice to see the gym packed for UC during the girls game also.Have the UC student section show up with faces paintedand spell out Tornadoes on their chest and get loud like they do when they play the Choctaws or Humboldt. May be hard to find a seat.Lake Co fills up the gym pretty well even when just the girls play.But they've been winning so that's probably the key there.Now with the boys winning the Stste and all the girls team back and expectations as high as they are,the Lake Co gym should be packed each and every game.And I would think that even the visitors game as well.Like when Lake Co plays at Union City.The Tornadoes are going to get their same fans but are probably going to get some area fans from around the area that want to see maybe the Falcon girls and boys team.For instance if South Fulton were to be playing Halls at Halls on the same night.A pretty long drive.And people know that maybe an unbeaten Lake Co and unbeaten UC are playing at UC.Could see a large vocal crowd,most being Obion countians rooting against the Falcons.and I love that.Some may come for the only time this year just to maybe see T.T. or Carnation or the Fair and Reedy girl.Just like when Union City had Weddle and M.J.People came out to see a strong those players and a strong Uc team that you wouldnt see unless it was st the State.And if Union City is as strong as expected,that will even bring in more fans.Should be an exciting year.

Edited by mrbigster

I agree it is crazy to see how the fans at UC will show up at half time of the girls game in preparation for the boys games. Last year the Girls team was clearly the better of the two teams but the support only went for the Boys teams. Even witht in the District tourney the grils barely got any support for the championship game. I am excited about the up coming season and i really want to see how well the girls will actually play. I'm like Bart Scott " can't wait".

But I will agree,it's always been the UC boys.Maybe this is the year for the girls to get some recognition.I've noticed a lot of times ,the UC side doesn't trickle in a lot of times until about half time of the girls game for the boys game and the past year or so the boys attendance hasnt been what it use to be in past seasons.Be nice to see the gym packed for UC during the girls game also.Have the UC student section show up with faces paintedand spell out Tornadoes on their chest and get loud like they do when they play the Choctaws or Humboldt. May be hard to find a seat.Lake Co fills up the gym pretty well even when just the girls play.But they've been winning so that's probably the key there.Now with the boys winning the Stste and all the girls team back and expectations as high as they are,the Lake Co gym should be packed each and every game.And I would think that even the visitors game as well.Like when Lake Co plays at Union City.The Tornadoes are going to get their same fans but are probably going to get some area fans from around the area that want to see maybe the Falcon girls and boys team.For instance if South Fulton were to be playing Halls at Halls on the same night.A pretty long drive.And people know that maybe an unbeaten Lake Co and unbeaten UC are playing at UC.Could see a large vocal crowd,most being Obion countians rooting against the Falcons.and I love that.Some may come for the only time this year just to maybe see T.T. or Carnation or the Fair and Reedy girl.Just like when Union City had Weddle and M.J.People came out to see a strong those players and a strong Uc team that you wouldnt see unless it was st the State.And if Union City is as strong as expected,that will even bring in more fans.Should be an exciting year.

I agree it is crazy to see how the fans at UC will show up at half time of the girls game in preparation for the boys games. Last year the Girls team was clearly the better of the two teams but the support only went for the Boys teams. Even witht in the District tourney the grils barely got any support for the championship game. I am excited about the up coming season and i really want to see how well the girls will actually play. I'm like Bart Scott " can't wait".

I've just been messing with you.Probably even more once the season starts.I think UC is in for a very good season.But I also think Bradford with Street will be a presence.Dont know enough about Greenfield this year though.But I also like the South Fulton girl.Does she have any help around her?She is very talented.You're right.Not going to be much longer.

• 2 weeks later...

The season starts on Monday, with games but two weeks away wht's the latest buzz?

I've just been messing with you.Probably even more once the season starts.I think UC is in for a very good season.But I also think Bradford with Street will be a presence.Dont know enough about Greenfield this year though.But I also like the South Fulton girl.Does she have any help around her?She is very talented.You're right.Not going to be much longer.

Looks like the Lady T's are headed east on Saturday to Hickman Co. They will play some of the Middle Tennessee competition anybody know anything about Houston Co. and Stewart Co.?

Brighton is having a Play Day.Only 25 dollars a game.Going to be some good teams there.Come on Union City.Spend a little money.Still has some openings.

Edited by UCTdoes

Looks like the Lady T's are headed east on Saturday to Hickman Co. They will play some of the Middle Tennessee competition anybody know anything about Houston Co. and Stewart Co.?

How did UC look?Saw that they split beating Stewart Co by about 8 or 9 points and losing to Houston Co by 1.Also know that coaches play a lot of kids so a win or loss isn't that big a deal.How did they look overall in your opinion?Guard play look good?Post play look good?Things to work on in your opinion?Were those pressing teams or teams that set up for a half court game?