District 14-A

UCTdoes

Yes, yall did get some players from South Fulton. The Lewis brothers "moved" to UC...just like the Reedy girl. So, yes, you got 2 of South Fulton's best athletes. Very convenient for yall. One of the Lewis boys was the best tailback on UC's football team. The other Lewis boy may be the best basketball player on UC's team this year.

I think its interesting that these people moved to UC instead of to...say...Halls, or Gleason, or Greenfield?????? lol

Yes, yall did get some players from South Fulton. The Lewis brothers "moved" to UC...just like the Reedy girl. So, yes, you got 2 of South Fulton's best athletes. Very convenient for yall. One of the Lewis boys was the best tailback on UC's football team. The other Lewis boy may be the best basketball player on UC's team this year.

I think its interesting that these people moved to UC instead of to...say...Halls, or Gleason, or Greenfield?????? lol

Yes I agree.Why did those players not go to Greenfield UTCdoes?

Also am curious to why she didn't go back to Central.Would she be on the bench behind their big girl?Believe Central has most of the players back.Is she as talented as her sister?I'm sure she'll help Union city.Probably what they need.I really like Hudson and Reedy should give them a player down low that should keep people out of the paint.I would have to believe they will have to play a zone every game with Fair and Reedy on the floor.Don't think they'll be able to keep up with running teams.UC will more than likely be a tough out for a team that settles in a half court game but on the other end,can they slow a game down completely.And also with Hudson,Reedy on the floor and Fair bring the ball up.Does Union City have someone else to dribble the ball.Can they handle a press.As soon as Fair gets the ball,I see a double team on the ball,Can the others dribble the ball or pass well enough against the zone to not turn the ball over.Reedy may help them once they get set up for a half court game but will she be a liability with teams that press and trying to guard a quicker player.I'm curious if she has had to guard a player as quick as Carnation.The big girl at Central is very good but a different kind of player.Wheras the big girl can get the ball down low and just go straight up.Carnation can go straight up because Reedy isn't as tall as the girl from Central or should be able to use her speed to drive around her.See either a foul or a layup happening.We'll see.

Edited by mrbigster

Union City girls have more than just these girls. They are loaded and will make a trip to the state tourney this year. They are big and fast. As for the guys team..this year will be just a warmup of the next few years to come. More Gold Basketballs just might be added to the boys trophy case. Remember the 8th grade team in boys from Union city that beat lake road by more than 40 points last year, well, they are now freshmen and will be awsome in the next 4 yrs. As for comments made about the kids ( Lewis ) from South Fulton and the Reedy girl on why they somehow ended up at Union City....there is no difference in why didn't "Parr" head to Dyersburg and Fare head to Fulton City. Don't go down that road.

Union City girls have more than just these girls. They are loaded and will make a trip to the state tourney this year. They are big and fast. As for the guys team..this year will be just a warmup of the next few years to come. More Gold Basketballs just might be added to the boys trophy case. Remember the 8th grade team in boys from Union city that beat lake road by more than 40 points last year, well, they are now freshmen and will be awsome in the next 4 yrs. As for comments made about the kids ( Lewis ) from South Fulton and the Reedy girl on why they somehow ended up at Union City....there is no difference in why didn't "Parr" head to Dyersburg and Fare head to Fulton City. Don't go down that road.

That really doesn't tell me anything.Maybe that Lake Rd was just that bad.Doesnt take much to win by 40 points in a middle school game if the other team can't get the ball down the court,especially against a press.But then your high school girls team found that out last year against the Lady Falcons.As for the Tornadoes filling up their trophy case in years to come.Have heard the same about football because of the really good running back at Union city.For one.A lot of people may not still be living Union City with the loss of Goodyear.And it will get tougher as he plays against bigger boys and can't run over some smaller kids.And Lake Co also had a stud running back at the middle school in the Caldwell kid that is a freshman this year.And Lake Co also had the Flowers boy transfer back from dyer Co a few weeks ago,.And he does live in Lake Co but was driving to Dyer Co.But since a move wans't made will have to sit out until the 4th game of the season next year.But will still get to play JV ball.Union City middle school did beat Lake Co this year.Three Oaks beat Union City and Lake Co beat three Oaks.But Lake Co also beat Humboldt,Northview this year and add those players to the studs that are freshmen this year,just maybe Lake Co will be the team adding to their tropht case.

Edited by mrbigster

That really doesn't tell me anything.Maybe that Lake Rd was just that bad.Doesnt take much to win by 40 points in a middle school game if the other team can't get the ball down the court,especially against a press.But then your high school girls team found that out last year against the Lady Falcons.As for the Tornadoes filling up their trophy case in years to come.Have heard the same about football because of the really good running back at Union city.For one.A lot of people may not still be living Union City with the loss of Goodyear.And it will get tougher as he plays against bigger boys and can't run over some smaller kids.And Lake Co also had a stud running back at the middle school in the Caldwell kid that is a freshman this year.And Lake Co also had the Flowers boy transfer back from dyer Co a few weeks ago,.And he does live in Lake Co and always has but was driving to Dyer Co.But since a move wasn't made will have to sit out until the 4th game of the season next year.Had they moved to dyer co and then moved back,he's be playing now.But will still get to play JV ball.Union City middle school did beat Lake Co this year.Three Oaks beat Union City and Lake Co beat three Oaks.But Lake Co also beat Humboldt,Northview this year and add those players to the studs that are freshmen this year,just maybe Lake Co will be the team adding to their trophy case.

Union City girls will not beat Lake County, they will get 4 chances but it wont happen this year unless TT misses the bus. I hope Fair tries to bring the ball up the court against the Lake County press, it will be another 20 point loss for uc

........and ucgrad dont bet the house that the Union City girls will be at the state tournament.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Union City girls will not beat Lake County, they will get 4 chances but it wont happen this year unless TT misses the bus. I hope Fair tries to bring the ball up the court against the Lake County press, it will be another 20 point loss for uc

................and dont bet the house that the Union City girls will be at the state tournament.

Are they planning on going to the state to watch the Greenfield and Lake Co girls play?

Well, if UC ends up with four chances at lake co. then we would probally be on our way to a Sub-state game. So I will take the comment as a bonus. The truth is UC only has to beat Lake Co. one time to win the state championship. I am completely okay with loosing four of five against Lake Co. as long as number five comes in Mufreesboro. What chance do you really think Greenfield has against UC or Lake Co.?

........and ucgrad dont bet the house that the Union City girls will be at the state tournament.

Edited by UCTdoes

LOL, Greenfield takes things personal with Union City. He really does hate them with a passion, lol. On a serious note though, with what UC has returning and Reedy transferring in, I would not be surprised to see Union City beat Lake Co. this year. Reedy to Union City was a HUGE addition for UC.

I think she'll help just because it gives them some bulk down low.But still think she will be a liability running the floor.We'll see.Probably will be ok if they can actually set up in a half court game.I think UC's chances will actually depend on the guards.I like Hudson and Fair.reedy should be a plus down low.But Fair is going tom play out from the basket so we'll just have to see.Lake Co has Simone that has some bulk to her and T.T's younger sister started at times last year has some weight.I also believe the freshman Yancy is going to make Lake Co a faster team and she should see considerable playing time.Reedy should help but she'll have her hands full guarding a much faster Carnation that has played against girls 6'3 to 6'5 and fared pretty well.Talking about the Central player and the girls that were at Liberty.Reedy will have to guard either Simone Pearson or Carnation with probably Hudson guarding the other .I give the advantage to Lake Co.Some think Carnation is better than T.T.Carnation will be a hand full for any team down low and the way she runs like a deer..

Edited by mrbigster

What chance do you really think Greenfield has against UC or Lake Co.?

Greenfield is capable of playing with uc even though Reedy will help alot. Greenfield is going to get better over the next 3-4 years so you better get us this year. Greenfield or Bradford could beat uc this year because both will have the better coach when they play.