District 14-A

UCTdoes

Okay, you seriously think UC had a chance of winning that game, if they'd put a second back on the clock? even 2 seconds? lol..C'mon, they would've had to go the length of the court...in 2 seconds...and it was no way 2 seconds...maybe less than a second...their chances were slim to none after our player hit the free throw...

Personally, I think there was no time left...whistle blowing while the horn going off....at the most, it would've been .3 or .4 of a second....no time left for a play....

Congrats Greenfield for winning, even though the refs let UC hand check and chest bump all night long....we won in spite of the pushing of our ball handlers...

My point was not whether they would win or lose, I personally couldn't care less...wouldn't care if they both lost, my point was the calls have been really bad for the entire tourney. My post probably should have read it may or may not have cost them the game. I'm no fan of UC AT ALL, but these games have been hard to watch. You made my point talking about the hand checks. Everything is inconsistent from rolling around on the floor with no travel called, to hand check and touch fouls, to charges. I still think they should have had at least a second put back on the clock. Could they have gone the length of the floor? Probably not but it would have made it more fun to watch.

My point was not whether they would win or lose, I personally couldn't care less...wouldn't care if they both lost, my point was the calls have been really bad for the entire tourney. My post probably should have read it may or may not have cost them the game. I'm no fan of UC AT ALL, but these games have been hard to watch. You made my point talking about the hand checks. Everything is inconsistent from rolling around on the floor with no travel called, to hand check and touch fouls, to charges. I still think they should have had at least a second put back on the clock. Could they have gone the length of the floor? Probably not but it would have made it more fun to watch.

Single A basketball equals single A officiating and it is only getting worse///most of these guys are in over their heads ...very tough job..I know I couldnt do better but nonetheless officiating is becoming very substandard

I have to agree about Uc girls playing better tonight and the officiating was terrible.In the boys game,let UC hand check Greenfield all game long.TeTe is guarding her man in the girls game and gets called for her third foul on a body touch.If they call that ,it would be a foul everyn time down the floor on all the teams.And that fourth foul,have no idea what the bald headed official was calling.Hair must have gotten in his eyes.He made several bad calls.Congrats to UC and Lake Co though.Both teams played hard.Te Te played great the time she was in the game.Think she had 13 points in the first half and finished with 13 due to not playing hardly any of the second half.But she made some beautiful passes to Carnation.Carnatin finished with 22 points I belive ,Amber Fair played well for UC.She came down and hit a couple back to back three's when Lake Co would go up by about 7 and she would get them close.Saw Coach Johnson was upset that one of the LC players left Fair wide open toward the end of the game for a three.Reedy also had her best game that I've seen her play against LC.Union City also got a few threes from a couple of their guards which helped them tonight.But UC played well,slowed the tempo to their liking and made a close game

Single A basketball equals single A officiating and it is only getting worse///most of these guys are in over their heads ...very tough job..I know I couldnt do better but nonetheless officiating is becoming very substandard

I don't know which refs worked the game, but I know some of them are not just single A refs. Some also call college games.

I don't know which refs worked the game, but I know some of them are not just single A refs. Some also call college games.

The 15A tournament tonight was actualy called pretty decently.Some of the area college refs are back calling H.S. ball because the contract ran out and the colleges went with another "supplier".I know that Leisure from Lex. and Murley and Pipkin from C.C. are back to calling local games because of this.Was told by Mr. Wheatly(supervisor) that region 8A would get Northwest Tn. refs,maybe if we swap ya'll will get lucky and get our good ones...you certinly don't want our bad ones!

Edited by tradertwo

Doesn't mean they are good....I'm not refering to refs in tournament alone....I've seen probably 30 plus games this year and the quality of officiating is going downhill year after year...Not seeing things I think are dishonest just lacking in consistencey and an understanding of the game the way it is played today.