District 14-A

UCTdoes

Lake County Lady Falcons put all doubt to rest tonight....YES THEY ARE IN CHAMPIONSHIP FORM! Beat Union City 71-38 and emptied the bench as all Lady Falcons played the 4th quarter. Te Te Flowers had 19 in a showdown with Amber Fair leaving no doubt she is the best player in 14A if not single A basketball in the state. Lady Falcons shot the 3ball extremely well hitting six in the 3rd quarter alone. Carnation Hart was a beast in the first half with about 14 points I believe. Always a good night when we beat our rivals but was especially fun for these seniors. Lady Falcons play at Trenton on Friday night before facing Middleton on Saturday.

They have been a lot better since they read my post...lol..As for Amber,she still carries Union city and in my opinion,nobody in single A is as talented and can do the things she does.At the end of the first quarter Tiana Gray had about 6 points,Carnation Hart had 8 and T.T. had 2 and the radio anooucers from Union City were raving about T.T. Said she only had 2 at the time but was responsible to just about all the points due to assists,steals.T.T. also hit some from around 25 foot.Amber is a good player.Some like Chipper have her as the 2nd best player but I'd go with Carnation Hart.Fast as a deer,always playing tough defense against bigger girls down low and an excellent rebounder.Had around 20 points last night.Was killing UC on the boards.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake County Lady Falcons finish undefeated in district play with a blowout win at Trenton tonight. 79-41 with all Lady Falcons playing. Tiana Gray lit it up from three point range going 6 of 10 and finished with 29 points. Carnation Hart added 18 and TeTe Flowers played very limited minutes not feeling well but still finished with 11 points. Thought our young girls played very well actually outscoring the Trenton starters by a couple of points. All of these games where our freshmen are playing whole quarters should pay off next year. Big game against Middleton in LC tomorrow night. Hoping for a big crowd for TeTe, Carnation, Lashasta,and Brooke as they play their last regular season home game as Lady Falcons....man have they been fun to watch!

you are right tigerinvestigator, this is a great group of young ladies on and off the court and I have enjoyed watching them lead Lake Co. through probably their most successful era of women's basketball in school history. Should get a good test from Middleton, last year's Sub-state opponent, which will help prepare us for tournament play. Get out and support these ladies tomorrow night on Senior Night Falcon fans!!

you are right tigerinvestigator, this is a great group of young ladies on and off the court and I have enjoyed watching them lead Lake Co. through probably their most successful era of women's basketball in school history. Should get a good test from Middleton, last year's Sub-state opponent, which will help prepare us for tournament play. Get out and support these ladies tomorrow night on Senior Night Falcon fans!!

Middleton is a pretty good team,but if L.C. is on their game no test,at least not for long.Lady Tigers struggled to beat Scotts Hill at home,and S.H. is down this season with one remaining player with more than precious few mop-up minutes last year.Long night for Middleton if the Lady Falcons are hitting on all cylinders.

Lake County Lady Falcons finish undefeated in district play with a blowout win at Trenton tonight. 79-41 with all Lady Falcons playing. Tiana Gray lit it up from three point range going 6 of 10 and finished with 29 points. Carnation Hart added 18 and TeTe Flowers played very limited minutes not feeling well but still finished with 11 points. Thought our young girls played very well actually outscoring the Trenton starters by a couple of points. All of these games where our freshmen are playing whole quarters should pay off next year. Big game against Middleton in LC tomorrow night. Hoping for a big crowd for TeTe, Carnation, Lashasta,and Brooke as they play their last regular season home game as Lady Falcons....man have they been fun to watch!

Tiana hit about 6 three pointers and hit 4 in a row in one stretch.If she can continue hitting like that ,should really open up the rest of the game for T.Nation and Shamon.Brooke and Shasta are shooting well also.Lake Co has about 4 or 5 girls that can shoot the long ball so the zones havent really affected Lake Co as much.Usually if one isnt on their game then someone is.Didnt think the defensive intensity was where it's been the past 3 games but didnt need to be.Trenton is really down,have 1 pretty good player in Lorna Hudson but Lake Co could have their way with them by 60 points if they chose to do so.

Tiana hit about 6 three pointers and hit 4 in a row in one stretch.If she can continue hitting like that ,should really open up the rest of the game for T.Nation and Shamon.Brooke and Shasta are shooting well also.Lake Co has about 4 or 5 girls that can shoot the long ball so the zones havent really affected Lake Co as much.Usually if one isnt on their game then someone is.Didnt think the defensive intensity was where it's been the past 3 games but didnt need to be.Trenton is really down,have 1 pretty good player in Lorna Hudson but Lake Co could have their way with them by 60 points if they chose to do so.

I agree Bigster it was kinda going through the motions on the defensive side of the ball although I did think Tiana stepped up her defensive effort. Look forward to seeing how they react tonight! Go Falcons

Lady Falcons roll over Middleton tonight 72-38 in Tiptonville. Great performance by our girls on senior night. The first quarter and a half was relatively close with LC maintaining a 7-9 point lead but closed the half in a fury and was up 42-18 at the break. They never looked back and were able to empty the bench once again. Last game of the year at Fulton City,KY thursday then on to the district tourney. Lake Co. will host Trenton-Peabody in the first round on Monday Feb. 13 I believe.

Great game by Carnation and TE Te.Thought Middleton was down considerably from last year.Really was expecting more from a 19-5 team.Ball handing was ok but they didnt have the shooters.Just my opinion based on this one game,but LC should roll over Trenton in the first game of the district on LC's home court.If that happens,more than likely puts Lake Co playing Bradford or Greenfield.A win puts them in the championship against probably Union City or South Fulton.Even a loss in either game at least puts Lake Co in the region.To me that will be the key games.Dresden or Huntingdon etc and the teams in our own district.Think any of these teams would beat Middleton based on what I saw tonight.I thought Middleton reminded me a lot of Halls but with just a little better ball handlers.Think Lake Co and Union City would definitely win in a sub state game if they were to play Middleton..Probably Dresden and Huntingdon as well ,although I havent seen them.Feel like Middleton would fight for a #3 spot in the district and could finish from 3rd to 5th .Havent seen Madison but Middleton in my opinion doesnt have the speed,the overall ball handlers or the shooters to beat LC or Union City at least.

Edited by mrbigster

Big win for Union City tonight over Dresden. Lake County Lady Falcons went to Fulton City and Coach Johnson only played his starters for less than four minutes. All Lady Falcons played in the first quarter and the young girls played the last three quarters. Score at the end of the first was 24-0. I think the final was around 58-17 or something with the young girls getting some major playing time. They were tired when it was over. Trenton comes to LC on Monday night as the Lady Falcons begin their run in the 14A tourney.

Great game by Carnation and TE Te.Thought Middleton was down considerably from last year.Really was expecting more from a 19-5 team.Ball handing was ok but they didnt have the shooters.Just my opinion based on this one game,but LC should roll over Trenton in the first game of the district on LC's home court.If that happens,more than likely puts Lake Co playing Bradford or Greenfield.A win puts them in the championship against probably Union City or South Fulton.Even a loss in either game at least puts Lake Co in the region.To me that will be the key games.Dresden or Huntingdon etc and the teams in our own district.Think any of these teams would beat Middleton based on what I saw tonight.I thought Middleton reminded me a lot of Halls but with just a little better ball handlers.Think Lake Co and Union City would definitely win in a sub state game if they were to play Middleton..Probably Dresden and Huntingdon as well ,although I havent seen them.Feel like Middleton would fight for a #3 spot in the district and could finish from 3rd to 5th .Havent seen Madison but Middleton in my opinion doesnt have the speed,the overall ball handlers or the shooters to beat LC or Union City at least.

Don't be too hard on Middleton Bigster,they're starting an eighth grader or two,a 'couple of freshmen,and (I think) a sophmore or two(better get 'em now,in a year or two...).Coach Burkley has proven that he's capable and the Lady Tigers will be a tough out down the road!Good luck come tourney time,I think maybe this is the Lady Falcons year with the bitter taste of last year in their mouthes and another years development, y'alls window is wide open now.I'm only aware of one team that can beat L.C. before they get to the'Boro,and that's Lake Co. themselves,so tell'em to go get what they want!