District 14-A

UCTdoes

Bigster, one thing I will point out as well, and you know I have alot of experience with this, is sometimes it is hard to keep the players focused when they are playing an inferior opponent. The kids are not dumb and they know, just like we know, they are much better than the teams you mentioned. This can work against you as they just don't have that attacking instinct or give you the same overall effort as they do against a team more on their level. It frustrates fans and coaches alike but again kids are kids. The boys do the same thing at times, they have played much better vs. Liberty, Brentwood and some of the better teams on the schedule than say a S. Fulton, Halls etc. Bigster is a proud LC fan and wants us to play our best every time out as do we all. So one thing we can all agree on is Go Lady Falcons!!!

I agree.I'm sure they have played the inferior teams and in their minds dont feel like they have to give an all out effort.I like coming out,putting the throttle down and getting a lead and then letting the others play.At least the startres went al out.Use to see the Gleason girls hustle all times on every play ,no matter who they played.Dove for the ball.Ran to the huddle when their coach called a timeout.Didn't walk. Can live without that though.Also know that teams miss layups.Several boys on the team do every game.Just hate missing so many by our girls.Just like you have touched on.In some of the games.looks like half an effort.Afraid when they play a team later ,going to be hard to channel it.But I'm sure they know come playoff time it's over if they dont play.I think LC will play hard against the Jackon Co's and Moore Co's but kinda like playing Humboldt in the region,a team we've played twice during the regular season and feel like it's a win and in the region lose and go home .Or thinking maybe the other district isnt as good as District 14A.

Lake Co travels to Bradford tonight which usually is a tough place to come away with a win.Street and T.T. should be a good matchup as both have blazing speed.T.T. should have a better supporting cast around her.Wich means more than likely Street will score most of her teams points but at the same time,will have to work hard for them as T.T. will probably guard her awhile as well as Shamone which will have to use her body more as she isnt as fast as T.T. or Street but is usually solid.May even see the freshman Yancy on her for just a bit.

Lake Co jumped out to a 29-3 lead at the end of the first quarter against Bradford and never looked back.Looked like Bradford was going to be stuck on 3 points for the whole first half but hit a long three with about 20 seconds left in the half.Lake Co led 38-6 at the half.T.T. looked to have close to 20 points,maybe around 16 .not sure but T.T. didnt play at all in the 3rd or 4th quarter.The other starters played sparingly in the 3rd quarter and it was up to the reserves the rest of the way.Third quarter ended 49-11 and I think the final was 58-19.Very good game by the Lady Falcons.The defensive pressure on Street and the others were good the whole game.Actually some defense and quickness out of a couple players that I didnt realize could move very well.Yancy,Shasta and Tiana and Brooke played very well on the defensive side of the ball.If they play like that with the speed of the other 3 ladies,could indeed be a special year.Liked what I saw tonight out of everyone.And at Bradford,a tough place to play.T.T. was everywhere and Carnation looked like the Carnation I'm used to seeing.Looked like a top team tonight.And still got all the younger ladies in the game for a lot of minutes.And they played fairly well with the exception of about 3 passes in a row .But overall,Coach Johnson had the girls lookinh good and hustling.

Edited by mrbigster

Another big win for the Lady Falcons as they beat Jackson Southside 61-19. Lake County jumped out to a 28-2 lead and never looked back. Coach Johnson pulled his starters after the first quarter and the second and third string Lady Falcons did the rest of the damage. The Lady Falcon defense is absolutely smothering teams right now. Not sure how many steals Tiana Gray had tonight but it was easily in double digits in the first half alone. Only negative thing about the whole game was T.T. Flowers only gets credit for 8 points because she only played the first quarter.....hope that doesn't hurt her bid for Miss Basketball as she could have had 50 tonight. Lady Falcons have warmed up for the big rivalry game as Union City comes to Tiptonville on Tuesday night. On a side note, T.T. can add Homecoming Queen to her resume as she won that title tonight. Congrats TT Flowers!

Awesome job by the lady Falcons again tonight. Another great defensive effort. LC starters have given up about 18 points in 2 games now. Bigster, maybe we needed you to comment about the Lady Falcon defensive effort earlier!!LOL You know I am just ribbing ya!!! Now we need to get ready for a big game with UC at home Tuesday night. UC played LC tough for about 3 quarters in the Thunderdome. Let's go girls time to get in full tournament mode.

Awesome job by the lady Falcons again tonight. Another great defensive effort. LC starters have given up about 18 points in 2 games now. Bigster, maybe we needed you to comment about the Lady Falcon defensive effort earlier!!LOL You know I am just ribbing ya!!! Now we need to get ready for a big game with UC at home Tuesday night. UC played LC tough for about 3 quarters in the Thunderdome. Let's go girls time to get in full tournament mode.

Maybe the players read it...lol..Bad thing now though is T.T. has a chance to win Miss Basketball and deservedely so but not getting to play but about a quarter or more.Had about a 20-0 lead last night in the first quarter and only played about 2 minutes in the second quarter and she was done the rest of the game as Lake Co had a 44-7 lead at the half.Just cant beat teams by 70 or 80 points with the starters in or a chance to get hurt in a meaningless game.

Lake County Lady Falcons put all doubt to rest tonight....YES THEY ARE IN CHAMPIONSHIP FORM! Beat Union City 71-38 and emptied the bench as all Lady Falcons played the 4th quarter. Te Te Flowers had 19 in a showdown with Amber Fair leaving no doubt she is the best player in 14A if not single A basketball in the state. Lady Falcons shot the 3ball extremely well hitting six in the 3rd quarter alone. Carnation Hart was a beast in the first half with about 14 points I believe. Always a good night when we beat our rivals but was especially fun for these seniors. Lady Falcons play at Trenton on Friday night before facing Middleton on Saturday.

Great job Lady Falcons!! TT Flowers looke like a Ms. Basketball finalist hitting some big threes and dishing to teammates while playing lockdown D. This team is playing really well right now, especially on the defensive end and looks to be getting into tournament form. Let's finish strong ladies and make that push toward the state tournament.

Wow! I love it. 33 points over the #2 team and it could have been worse.

This is Lake Countys year, Gold Ball.

No offense to Lake Co., but you've been saying this for the past 3 years. It'd be best for you and Lake Co. to downplay it some this year and come into the state tournaments "under the radar" and not so much expectation. I fully believe Lake has the potential to win it, but they also had that potential last year. I hope Lake can win 1 this year. I'm just saying, don't get too far ahead of yourself.

No offense to Lake Co., but you've been saying this for the past 3 years. It'd be best for you and Lake Co. to downplay it some this year and come into the state tournaments "under the radar" and not so much expectation. I fully believe Lake has the potential to win it, but they also had that potential last year. I hope Lake can win 1 this year. I'm just saying, don't get too far ahead of yourself.

I agree with your comments.