District 14-A

UCTdoes

So are you picking Bradford and Lake. Co to be the teams to in District 14A?

I said this last year and took alot of heat, but the stars fell and bradford went farther. I feel they have a better TEAM than last year. It will take the stars again, but if they stay away from lake co., they could make some noise.

WHAT I AM SAYING IS AFTER LAKE CO. THERE ARE 4 OR 5 TEAMS THAT HAVE A GOOD CHANCE. UC HAS ALOT GOING FOR THEM. THE SIZE OVER BRADFORD IS GREAT. BUT BRADFORD HAS SPEED OVER UC. GREENFIELD IS ALOT LIKE BRADFORD IN THAT THEY HAVE GREAT COACHING. BOTH TEAMS CAN AND HAVE HAD GOOD SEASONS WHILE REBUILDING. THIS YEARS TEAM IS STREET'S TEAM. THAT HELPS ALOT. THEY HAVE SOME GOOD SHOOTERS. THEY ALSO HAVE SOME GOOD FRESHMEN AND EIGHT GRADERS THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER. ONE 9th GRADER IS STREET'S KIN FOLK. 2 EIGHT GRADERS ARE M. RICHARDSON'S KIN. IF BRADFORD GETS LUCKY AGAIN THIS YEAR IN THE SEATING IN THE TOURNAMENT THEY CAN MAKE A SPLASH. IF NOT THEY ARE ALSO A TEAM ON THE UP SWING. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY LAKE CO. IS HEADS ABOVE THE REST.

Sounds like you are not to high on UC Coaching, do you think it will cost them in the end?

WHAT I AM SAYING IS AFTER LAKE CO. THERE ARE 4 OR 5 TEAMS THAT HAVE A GOOD CHANCE. UC HAS ALOT GOING FOR THEM. THE SIZE OVER BRADFORD IS GREAT. BUT BRADFORD HAS SPEED OVER UC. GREENFIELD IS ALOT LIKE BRADFORD IN THAT THEY HAVE GREAT COACHING. BOTH TEAMS CAN AND HAVE HAD GOOD SEASONS WHILE REBUILDING. THIS YEARS TEAM IS STREET'S TEAM. THAT HELPS ALOT. THEY HAVE SOME GOOD SHOOTERS. THEY ALSO HAVE SOME GOOD FRESHMEN AND EIGHT GRADERS THAT WILL ONLY GET BETTER. ONE 9th GRADER IS STREET'S KIN FOLK. 2 EIGHT GRADERS ARE M. RICHARDSON'S KIN. IF BRADFORD GETS LUCKY AGAIN THIS YEAR IN THE SEATING IN THE TOURNAMENT THEY CAN MAKE A SPLASH. IF NOT THEY ARE ALSO A TEAM ON THE UP SWING. BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY LAKE CO. IS HEADS ABOVE THE REST.

Sounds like you are not to high on UC Coaching, do you think it will cost them in the end?

I'm not saying UC has a bad coach. I just know some coaches get a little more out of their players. As tourny time rolls around the coaches will play a big roll in how far a team goes. I think lake co. has a good coach, but they have not got to the level they should. They have had teams the last 2 years that were able to bring the gold back to 14a. Not sure why they fell short. Bradford has been lucky the past few years with the two coaches they have had. but the coach before them had bradford at the bottom of the heap. When shane took over, he started working the girls at a young age. Larry has done the same.

I'm not saying UC has a bad coach. I just know some coaches get a little more out of their players. As tourny time rolls around the coaches will play a big roll in how far a team goes. I think lake co. has a good coach, but they have not got to the level they should. They have had teams the last 2 years that were able to bring the gold back to 14a. Not sure why they fell short. Bradford has been lucky the past few years with the two coaches they have had. but the coach before them had bradford at the bottom of the heap. When shane took over, he started working the girls at a young age. Larry has done the same.

I agree with you about Lake Co the past two years.Last year probably should have won or at least had the talent to maybe win but were a player or two short on the defensive side of the ball.The year before with Mariah Matthews and Abbot and a couple others had the shooter in Matthews and a lot betetr defensively only to see the upset to Humboldt.That team was beating just about everyone by at least 20 points and teams like Dyersburg and Brighton by 35 to 50 points.The same Dyersburg team beat Lake Co by about 3 points.I think the team a couple years ago was 10 points better on just about any night than last years Lake co team.

UC Grad said in the District 13A thread:Union City girls basketball team is loaded and ready for this year. Union City Girls Basketball will be taken to a new level for sure, one they have not been to very many time. should be fun.....

I'm asking if you are talking about going to State this year since Union city was in the region last year.A new level would have to be the sub-state at least and possibly the state.

I think that UC will be a very good team that could really make some noise, but to win 13A is impossible. Now 14A is an option that rest on UC and Lake Co. to fight for. The success rest completely on the shoulders of the Girls playing the game. The Girls on UC's team now are different from the UC teams of the past, they really created a buzz last season as a team of up and coming freshmen with a few seniors that were trying to maximize the moment and put it all to gethere after wasting their talent for three years. Freshmen are now spohs and experienced and redy to prove the years of the past are over and they can carry the load. Reedy makes UC a contender with her poise and experience the UC team of 2011-2012 should be one who could win any contest they are involved in. The skys the limit for the Lady T's and with a little luck the State tourney could be their destination.

UC Grad said in the District 13A thread:Union City girls basketball team is loaded and ready for this year. Union City Girls Basketball will be taken to a new level for sure, one they have not been to very many time. should be fun.....

I'm asking if you are talking about going to State this year since Union city was in the region last year.A new level would have to be the sub-state at least and possibly the state.

I think that UC will be a very good team that could really make some noise, but to win 13A is impossible. Now 14A is an option that rest on UC and Lake Co. to fight for. The success rest completely on the shoulders of the Girls playing the game. The Girls on UC's team now are different from the UC teams of the past, they really created a buzz last season as a team of up and coming freshmen with a few seniors that were trying to maximize the moment and put it all to gethere after wasting their talent for three years. Freshmen are now spohs and experienced and redy to prove the years of the past are over and they can carry the load. Reedy makes UC a contender with her poise and experience the UC team of 2011-2012 should be one who could win any contest they are involved in. The skys the limit for the Lady T's and with a little luck the State tourney could be their destination.

It was my bad and posting wrong. I'm sorry for that. Union City will make noise and then some in their district. Should be fun along with a good boys team as well. Thnx

South Fulton is returning three starters from last year and have added some freshmen from their Middle School team. They are a team that plays very hard every night and if you don't come to play they can make you regret it.

I can definetely see Lake County and Union City in the District finals. I don't know how Bradford, Humboldt, or Greenfield will be, but someone is getting left out. Am I leaving anyone else out? What about South Fulton? How are they looking?