IMAC Predictions

patpride1

Jeff-Cherokee: Ty Ryans is the real deal and should put up big numbers, but the Patriots play inspired football and get themselves back into the playoff hunt.

JC-28 CHS-24

South Doyle-Cocke Co.: Normally a battle of cellar dwellers, this game has serious playoff implications. Krys Cates is the difference in this game and the Big Red get to 5-2.

CC-24 SD-7

East-Seymour: If East played like they did against West for the whole season they'd be at 5-1 or 4-2 right now. Ricker will be to much for a struggling Eagle defense.

ME-31 SHS-14

Sevier-West: The Sevier Co. Offense has been rolling all season and will be a challenge for West's defense. But West put together a brutal out of conference schedule just for this game. The West offense has been able to run the ball on everyone they've played thus far and the only team that's stopped them is themselves with turnovers and and dropped/overthrown passes. The West running game keeps the high powered Smokey Bear offense off the field and keeps it close enough to pull out the win in the 4th quarter.

MW-24 SC-17 Go Trojans!

Your Morristown West / Sevier County outcome may be accurate but West better plan to score more than 24.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Morristown West / Sevier County outcome may be accurate but West better plan to score more than 24.

I think they can keep the game low scoring by holding on to the ball for 6-7 minutes at a time and limiting SC's possessions, and don't write off the West defense, this is the same defense that held the high scoring Greeneville offense to 10 points. The one touchdown happened on a blown assignment and gave Shuffler the outside corner which is gonna be a touchdown 9 times out of 10.

Jeff county will struggle rest of year as injuries have killed this team. 5 starters on defense playing at end of CC game. Need major adjustment by coaches to move some players around. May have to play QB on defense like East and West does in key situations.

I will take SC as West cant score enough to keep up! SC 35 west 17. west has scored 19 on SD and East the past 2 games. SC much better than both.

I think they can keep the game low scoring by holding on to the ball for 6-7 minutes at a time and limiting SC's possessions, and don't write off the West defense, this is the same defense that held the high scoring Greeneville offense to 10 points. The one touchdown happened on a blown assignment and gave Shuffler the outside corner which is gonna be a touchdown 9 times out of 10.

D-B tried to grind it out too, and it turned into a track meet! IF this one does the same the Bears will run off and hide late! :ph34r:

D-B tried to grind it out too, and it turned into a track meet! IF this one does the same the Bears will run off and hide late! :ph34r:

West has been able to grind it out in every game they've played this year. DB is very good but I don't think they have the level of defense West does. People see one bad showing in a rivalry game and forget how battle tested West is. This matchup is starting to look alot like the matchup in 09 but with the roles reversed.

West has been able to grind it out in every game they've played this year. DB is very good but I don't think they have the level of defense West does. People see one bad showing in a rivalry game and forget how battle tested West is. This matchup is starting to look alot like the matchup in 09 but with the roles reversed.

west was fortunate to beat SH in which DB will beat badly. DB thumped Green in a preseason scrimmage but ok. West will attempt to grind but will not stop SC much like last year. I have seen both teams 2 times this year. West cant score enough to beat SC. The corners cant handle the speed of SC. If SC protects the QB, they win big. The fact is Brewer gets receivers wide open. SC 31 west 17.

west was fortunate to beat SH in which DB will beat badly. DB thumped Green in a preseason scrimmage but ok. West will attempt to grind but will not stop SC much like last year. I have seen both teams 2 times this year. West cant score enough to beat SC. The corners cant handle the speed of SC. If SC protects the QB, they win big. The fact is Brewer gets receivers wide open. SC 31 west 17.

I agree. West was fortunate to beat Science Hill and East. I can see the Trojans racking up a lot of yards on SC if they could't get any more than they did against an East D that was giving up over 400 per game. Granted it was a rivalry game but it was still the same defense that had been pushed around by everybody. The only way I see the Trojans winning is by outscoring SC because I don't think they can stop them. Also can't see them scoring more than 21 and that won't be enough to win.

I am still in shock from last nights game. I cannot believe CC went 60+ yards in less than 1 minute to beat the Patriots. What a game on TV between East and West. SC dominated Seymour. My worst week yet at 2-2 in conference picks. This week is the defacto championship game with Sevier Co playing Mo. West. Here are my picks:

Jeff Co vs Cherokee- Got to believe the Patriots bounce back this week against Mobuck. They better stop Ryans. If not, then we will lose again. Injuries are starting to get the better of us. Jeff by a whisker

SD vs Cocke Co.- CC will be playoff eligible after this game. Hard to believe.

East vs Seymour - East played inspired vs West. Can they keep it up? I think they win this game and make a run at the playoffs. It will not be easy.

SC vs West- West looked bad last week and SC is really good on offense. I don't think the Trojans can match the Bears offensively. SC wins the conference

I agree with all of this my alma mater South-Doyle is 3-3 and Dead Last in the IMAC Behind a 1 win Seymour Squad They Play Cocke County This Week , Seymour Next Week and Sevier County and Jeff County to end the year I see them finishing 4-6 or 3-7 no higher then that and i feel bad for the boys because They Have only 1 game in the IMAC the past 2 years and is Not looking any better for some reason we can beat (other than cocke county Last Year ) in The IMAC Im just hoping they an finish 4-6 like they did back in 09 Go Kees

Congratulations Cherokee on a big win tonight. We overcame alot of mistakes in the first half and came from behind in the second to win 24-23.

I would like to tell the fans that we hate the music being played during the game too. I think it is disrespectful to both our players and yours.

Since nobody posted predictions for this weeks games I'll get it started.

Seymour @ South Doyle- South Doyle is much improved and Seymour's only win is against lowly Campbell County. SD gets its first 5-win season since 2001

SD-28 SHS-14

Cocke County @ Morristown East- Cocke Co. is working towards its first playoff birth since 2001 while East is just trying to stay alive in the playoff hunt. A hungry East team outlast the upstart Big Red.

ME-31 CC-24

Sevier County @ Cherokee- The 2 best passing attacks in the IMAC meet in Rogersville. Ty Ryans is a great QB but SC just has too many athletes for Cherokee to keep up.

SC-42 CHS-21

Morristown West @ Jefferson County- Both teams were hoping the IMAC championship would come down to this game but Sevier County had other plans. This game is still extremely important as MW is still competing for the #1 seed in quad 1 and Jeff is trying to improve its potential seed. The West defense holds back an ailing Jeff County offense.

MW-24 JC-10

Edited by motownanddown

Unfortunately I had internet connection problems last week (#@$% ATT), so I could not post my picks. I went 4-0 :thumb:I promise! West really thumped the Patriots and looked impressive in doing it. My boys in Dumplin Valley may not win again this year because East and SD are rolling. Sevier is dominant and will not be beat in the conference. Cocke Co. really has disappointed since beating Jeff and must beat either West or Cherokee to get in the playoffs. How good does it look that the IMAC has only 1 team (Seymour) below .500 for the year. Good year of football in the IMAC. Let's look to week 9 (wow time flies);

South-Doyle vs Sevier Co. - SD is having a good year and are probably going to mske the playoffs, but they will not win this one. Sevier Co. wins by whatever they want to!!

Cherokee vs Seymour - Cherokee blows out the Eagles and solidifies their playoff spot. Seymour starts looking to next year.

Morristown West vs Cocke Co. - West really looked good last week at Jeff. They better pack their A game again because Cocke Co is fighting for their playoff lives. West wins in a close tough game.

Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East - Jeff. Co. must win this game if they are to make the playoffs IMO. Leaving it to week 10 is not a good plan. East is rolling and Ricker is a beast. Jeff. Co. circles the wagons and gets it done.

Let's hear it. Again you can disagree and be wrong :roflol:

Unfortunately I had internet connection problems last week (#@$% ATT), so I could not post my picks. I went 4-0 :thumb: I promise! West really thumped the Patriots and looked impressive in doing it. My boys in Dumplin Valley may not win again this year because East and SD are rolling. Sevier is dominant and will not be beat in the conference. Cocke Co. really has disappointed since beating Jeff and must beat either West or Cherokee to get in the playoffs. How good does it look that the IMAC has only 1 team (Seymour) below .500 for the year. Good year of football in the IMAC. Let's look to week 9 (wow time flies);

South-Doyle vs Sevier Co. - SD is having a good year and are probably going to make the playoffs, but they will not win this one. Sevier Co. wins by whatever they want to!!

Cherokee vs Seymour - Cherokee blows out the Eagles and solidifies their playoff spot. Seymour starts looking to next year.

Morristown West vs Cocke Co. - West really looked good last week at Jeff. They better pack their A game again because Cocke Co is fighting for their playoff lives. West wins in a close tough game.

Jefferson Co. vs Morristown East - Jeff. Co. must win this game if they are to make the playoffs IMO. Leaving it to week 10 is not a good plan. East is rolling and Ricker is a beast. Jeff. Co. circles the wagons and gets it done.

Let's hear it. Again you can disagree and be wrong :roflol:

Edited by Red81KPsmash