IMAC Predictions

patpride1

This weeks match-ups and predictions sure to go wrong:

Jeff Co vs Sev Co - both undefeated and looking good. Winner has early track to title. Winner - Jeff Co by 7

Mo East vs South-Doyle - East got going a bit last week, SD got a win week 1. Winner - East by 4

Cherokee vs Mo West - another battle of 2-0 teams. Mo West looked great in beating Greeneville, but Cherokee can score. Winner - West by 14

Seymour vs Cocke Co - both teams come off loses last week. Look for CC to make a statement. CC by 7

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well The IMAC is looking up this year

My IMAC Predictions

1.Mo West ( Gotta Throw some love to my former Coach Erik Hutchins and Mo West OC )

2.Sevier County

3. Jeff Co

4 Seymour

5.Mo East

6. South-Doyle ( I see some improvement in my school )

7. Cherokee

8. Cocke County

Still can't get over Coach Hutch putting on the W of Mo West, never thought I`d see the day :angry:

Oh well, gotta pay the mortgage I suppose.

After the first week of league games, it appears that the that the usual suspects will be at the top. Mo. East and West as well as Sevier Co. all had impressive wins. Cherokee appeared to be ready to take that step, but West showed them what it is about. My Patriots were shown what it takes to be a contender on the 6A level. Most teams face their last out of district games. Let's look at those and predict.

Jeff. Co vs William Blount-Blount beat Knox Central but has been beaten by Sevier Co and Beardan. The common opponent in Sev. Shows this could be a great game. I think the Pats win a close one

Mo. East vs Knox West- East won last week over South-Doyle, but the West team is not SD. West wins this one but it will be close.

Mo. West vs Science Hill-West beat Greeneville who beat Science Hill. West will win in a good game.

South-Doyle vs Heritage- Which Heritage team shows up? The one that lost to Jeff and LC or the one that beat HV. It will not matter, SD gets the W.

Cocke Co. vs Davy Crockett- Crockett used to be the doormat of the IMAC. They still would be. Cocke Co. Goes to a surprising 3-1.

Cherokee vs Volunteer-Cherokee wins Rogersville, and it will not be close. Volunteer is pitiful.

Sevier Co vs Dobyns Bennett-Battle of unbeaten 6A powerhouses. Game is in Kingsport so I give the edge to DB, but Sevier Co. is very good and it would not surprise me 1 bit if they win.

Seymour vs Carter- The Eagles can score, but can they stop anyone? Carter is good this year so I think they win this one in a wild shoot out.

There are my predictions, let the arguing begin!

After the first week of league games, it appears that the that the usual suspects will be at the top. Mo. East and West as well as Sevier Co. all had impressive wins. Cherokee appeared to be ready to take that step, but West showed them what it is about. My Patriots were shown what it takes to be a contender on the 6A level. Most teams face their last out of district games. Let's look at those and predict.

Jeff. Co vs William Blount-Blount beat Knox Central but has been beaten by Sevier Co and Beardan. The common opponent in Sev. Shows this could be a great game. I think the Pats win a close one

Mo. East vs Knox West- East won last week over South-Doyle, but the West team is not SD. West wins this one but it will be close.

Mo. West vs Science Hill-West beat Greeneville who beat Science Hill. West will win in a good game.

South-Doyle vs Heritage- Which Heritage team shows up? The one that lost to Jeff and LC or the one that beat HV. It will not matter, SD gets the W.

Cocke Co. vs Davy Crockett- Crockett used to be the doormat of the IMAC. They still would be. Cocke Co. Goes to a surprising 3-1.

Cherokee vs Volunteer-Cherokee wins Rogersville, and it will not be close. Volunteer is pitiful.

Sevier Co vs Dobyns Bennett-Battle of unbeaten 6A powerhouses. Game is in Kingsport so I give the edge to DB, but Sevier Co. is very good and it would not surprise me 1 bit if they win.

Seymour vs Carter- The Eagles can score, but can they stop anyone? Carter is good this year so I think they win this one in a wild shoot out.

There are my predictions, let the arguing begin!

I agree with all of these for the most part. I do think Sevier Co surprises some people and gets the big win in Kingsport

8-0 in games last week. Not bad. Too bad Vegas does not have an IMAC board. Apparently there were 2 great games between the powers of district 1 and 2. SC losing by 1 point at DB and Mo West beating Science Hill at the buzzer. Let's look at this weeks games:

Cherokee vs Mo East - 2 teams going in opposite directions. East is really struggling and Cherokee has its offense rolling. Cherokee keeps East skidding.

Mo West vs South-Doyle - SD seems much improved, but they get a big test this week. West is rolling and will keep it going this week.

Sevier Co. vs Cocke Co. - A battle of 3-1 teams that will get ugly quick. CC has beaten nobody, no one, and no count. SC will win big.

Seymour vs Jeff. Co. - The Patriots have been a pleasant surprise this year and will run their record to 4-1 because Seymour cannot stop anyone.

Let the discussions begin. Feel free to disagree and be wrong!!! :roflol:

8-0 in games last week. Not bad. Too bad Vegas does not have an IMAC board. Apparently there were 2 great games between the powers of district 1 and 2. SC losing by 1 point at DB and Mo West beating Science Hill at the buzzer. Let's look at this weeks games:

Cherokee vs Mo East - 2 teams going in opposite directions. East is really struggling and Cherokee has its offense rolling. Cherokee keeps East skidding.

Mo West vs South-Doyle - SD seems much improved, but they get a big test this week. West is rolling and will keep it going this week.

Sevier Co. vs Cocke Co. - A battle of 3-1 teams that will get ugly quick. CC has beaten nobody, no one, and no count. SC will win big.

Seymour vs Jeff. Co. - The Patriots have been a pleasant surprise this year and will run their record to 4-1 because Seymour cannot stop anyone.

Not a lot of parity in the IMAC this week, it looks like the big boys of the conference will get a chance to flex their muscles. I'm really interested in seeing how Cherokee does against East. I was very impressed by Cherokee's QB when i saw him play against West, very accurate and very tough, he took a beating but was still standing tall in the pocket and delivering the ball right on the money well into the 4th quarter. He had about 180 yards passing against West but it could've easily been 250 if his receivers wouldn't have dropped a few passes that hit them right in the hands. He could have a big night against East at Burke-Toney.

Any way Cherokee and East could lose? Would be a great night.

A 3-1 week, Cherokee let me down against East and may have cost themselves a playoff shot in the process. No really big surprise, but Jeff. Co. losing Smiley to a knee injury will hurt them. This week only South-Doyle will play Carter. The next week is rivalry week in the IMAC. This week's game I will take Carter in a close game against SD.

Well, I got the close game right, but congrats to South- Doyle on the win. It is rivalry week in the IMAC. Seymour vs Sevier Co., Jeff vs Cocke, Mo. East vs Mo. West. The only nontraditional rivalry will be Cherokee at SD. Here are my thoughts.

Mo. East vs Mo. West (Thursday)- East is 2-3 but undefeated in the IMAC. West is 5-0. This game is usually close and competitive. I just don't think East can run the ball well enough on West to win. West by 8.

Seymour vs Sevier Co. - This one will get ugly fast. Jeff had little trouble with Seymour and Sevier dominated Jeff. Sevier will win by 20+.

Cocke vs Jeff - For the first time in a while I think Cocke Co. may have a competitive team. Jeff is dealing with the injury bug a little, but I think they still win. Jeff by 10

Cherokee vs SD - Mobuck makes the long trek to Knoxvile to take on the Cherokees. Because of the trip, I am taking SD in an aerial battle. SD by 3

Let the arguments begin!!

Well, I got the close game right, but congrats to South- Doyle on the win. It is rivalry week in the IMAC. Seymour vs Sevier Co., Jeff vs Cocke, Mo. East vs Mo. West. The only nontraditional rivalry will be Cherokee at SD. Here are my thoughts.

Mo. East vs Mo. West (Thursday)- East is 2-3 but undefeated in the IMAC. West is 5-0. This game is usually close and competitive. I just don't think East can run the ball well enough on West to win. West by 8.

Seymour vs Sevier Co. - This one will get ugly fast. Jeff had little trouble with Seymour and Sevier dominated Jeff. Sevier will win by 20+.

Cocke vs Jeff - For the first time in a while I think Cocke Co. may have a competitive team. Jeff is dealing with the injury bug a little, but I think they still win. Jeff by 10

Cherokee vs SD - Mobuck makes the long trek to Knoxvile to take on the Cherokees. Because of the trip, I am taking SD in an aerial battle. SD by 3

Let the arguments begin!!

East vs West - It will be close at halftime but the West running game will wear down the East defense and West will start to pull away towards the end of the 3rd quarter.

West-38 East-14

Seymour vs Sevier - Both teams can score but Seymour hasn't played anyone near the level of the Smoky Bears.

Sevier-45 Seymour-21

Cocke Co vs Jeff - Cocke Co. is off to its best start in awhile but Jeff Co. won't notice.

Jeff-49 Cocke Co.-14

Cherokee vs South Doyle- South Doyle surprised me with a win over a good Carter squad but I'm gonna give the edge to Cherokee because this will be a shootout and Cherokee has the advantage at QB.

Cherokee-28 South Doyle-24

The next 2 weeks things will start to get interesting as Sevier visits West and then West takes the trip to Dumplin Valley.

Edited by motownanddown

I am still in shock from last nights game. I cannot believe CC went 60+ yards in less than 1 minute to beat the Patriots. What a game on TV between East and West. SC dominated Seymour. My worst week yet at 2-2 in conference picks. This week is the defacto championship game with Sevier Co playing Mo. West. Here are my picks:

Jeff Co vs Cherokee- Got to believe the Patriots bounce back this week against Mobuck. They better stop Ryans. If not, then we will lose again. Injuries are starting to get the better of us. Jeff by a whisker

SD vs Cocke Co.- CC will be playoff eligible after this game. Hard to believe.

East vs Seymour - East played inspired vs West. Can they keep it up? I think they win this game and make a run at the playoffs. It will not be easy.

SC vs West- West looked bad last week and SC is really good on offense. I don't think the Trojans can match the Bears offensively. SC wins the conference

Feel free to debate! Go Patriots

I am still in shock from last nights game. I cannot believe CC went 60+ yards in less than 1 minute to beat the Patriots. What a game on TV between East and West. SC dominated Seymour. My worst week yet at 2-2 in conference picks. This week is the defacto championship game with Sevier Co playing Mo. West. Here are my picks:

Jeff Co vs Cherokee- Got to believe the Patriots bounce back this week against Mobuck. They better stop Ryans. If not, then we will lose again. Injuries are starting to get the better of us. Jeff by a whisker

SD vs Cocke Co.- CC will be playoff eligible after this game. Hard to believe.

East vs Seymour - East played inspired vs West. Can they keep it up? I think they win this game and make a run at the playoffs. It will not be easy.

SC vs West- West looked bad last week and SC is really good on offense. I don't think the Trojans can match the Bears offensively. SC wins the conference

Feel free to debate! Go Patriots

Jeff-Cherokee: Ty Ryans is the real deal and should put up big numbers, but the Patriots play inspired football and get themselves back into the playoff hunt.

JC-28 CHS-24

South Doyle-Cocke Co.: Normally a battle of cellar dwellers, this game has serious playoff implications. Krys Cates is the difference in this game and the Big Red get to 5-2.

CC-24 SD-7

East-Seymour: If East played like they did against West for the whole season they'd be at 5-1 or 4-2 right now. Ricker will be to much for a struggling Eagle defense.

ME-31 SHS-14

Sevier-West: The Sevier Co. Offense has been rolling all season and will be a challenge for West's defense. But West put together a brutal out of conference schedule just for this game. The West offense has been able to run the ball on everyone they've played thus far and the only team that's stopped them is themselves with turnovers and and dropped/overthrown passes. The West running game keeps the high powered Smokey Bear offense off the field and keeps it close enough to pull out the win in the 4th quarter.

MW-24 SC-17 Go Trojans!