Lake County vs. Haywood Scrimmage

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons ended up winning the scrimmage 3 tds to 1. Rafeal Tyler got the scoring going with TD reception of about 65 yards from Nick Price in the 1st series. Haywood was able to move the ball with some quick screens and short passing game but did not get it in the endzone. Second series ended with no score for either side.3rd series the falcons scored again on td reception by Tyler from around 25-30 yards. The Falcons got an interception from Caleb Bledsoe to end the Tomcats 3rd series. The Falcons scored again on the 4th and final series for the starters on a 45 yard TD run by Ricky Boyd. The Tomcats punched in a TD on their fourth posession to make it 3-1. Young kids played the last 2 series neither side scored. Falcons looked ok at times but still have work to do on the oline and in timing. Haywood is throwing it all over the place and had about 4 running plays entire scrimmage. Coach Calhoun has a very young team and they will get better as year goes on. Falcons will get to see more on how the run defense will hold up as they scrimmage Gleason on Tuesday and play Huntingdon in the jamboree on Friday.

My how the mighty have fallen...There was a time in the not so distant past that Haywood would have rolled LC up and used them as kickballs...

Not only LC a whole lot of other teams as well! Back in the day when Mr Hooper was at the helm in Brownsville before classifications come along. They could play with anyone in the state. I mean the Cats had some Powerhouses! <_<

Not only LC a whole lot of other teams as well! Back in the day when Mr Hooper was at the helm in Brownsville before classifications come along. They could play with anyone in the state. I mean the Cats had some Powerhouses! <_<

If I remember correctly back in the mid-90's they played for consecutive 4A state titles...

Zebra ..IMHO not many teams past nor presnt could have competed with those Hooper teams year in year out// would have wn many state titles outright instead of bias papers in E.Tn / M.Tn giving to their favorites

Edited by DHSFB64

I agree with u sir Brownsville was that good back in the 50's and 60's darn near unbeatable! There were some good teams in the Big Ten back then to! But the Tomcats made them look average! If they have had Classification back in the day i promise Brownsville would have their share of Gold Balls! It wasn't many times they didn't win the Big Ten Championship! Yes they were that good! :thumb:

My how the mighty have fallen...There was a time in the not so distant past that Haywood would have rolled LC up and used them as kickballs...

Well, there were also times in the past when those guys in the gaudy green and yellow could roll folks up and use them for kick balls. They have the gold and silver balls to prove it, many from the A, AA, AAA era.

I agree with u sir Brownsville was that good back in the 50's and 60's darn near unbeatable! There were some good teams in the Big Ten back then to! But the Tomcats made them look average! If they have had Classification back in the day i promise Brownsville would have their share of Gold Balls! It wasn't many times they didn't win the Big Ten Championship! Yes they were that good! :thumb:

Darn near 'unbeatable' is correct // Hooper was way beyond the times in coaching skills attitude discipline

Rufus Lassiter had some great teams in the 70's and 80's..They didn't rebuild...They always reloaded..