Pearl-Cohn Vs Blackman

FBfan26

That's pretty much where my comment was coming from. Shad felt a "need" to give Strickland many snaps as a Soph. taking Tyrek's playing time. Last year did Strickland ever not run the offense? Even during blow outs.. he took the snaps I believe. Last years team was incredible IMO.. except for...

I was at every game for every play, saw every JV game. Both back-up QB's took snaps, but only in mop-up roles. Do I think they should have played more...sure! I think we did not a very good job as a staff taking advantage of what the defense gave us, but last I heard I'm not the coach! Were either one of you guys at the JV game yesterday to see what the back-ups had? I was, I think both of them will do fine in their time, bottom line is that they are only one play form being the starter and the most popular guy on the team is always the back-up QB, until he gets to play and you find out why he's the back-up. As for "taking Tyrek's playing time", do you think maybe Shad was trying to keep his best chance to win healthy instead of losing him in a meaningless situation? Sometimes you put a kid in with tomorrow in mind to build on the kid, but also preserve the ones you have. JMO! :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad
  • Upvote 1

I was at every game for every play, saw every JV game. Both back-up QB's took snaps, but only in mop-up roles. Do I think they should have played more...sure! I think we did not a very good job as a staff taking advantage of what the defense gave us, but last I heard I'm not the coach! Were either one of you guys at the JV game yesterday to see what the back-ups had? I was, I think both of them will do fine in their time, bottom line is that they are only one play form being the starter and the most popular guy on the team is always the back-up QB, until he gets to play and you find out why he's the back-up. As for "taking Tyrek's playing time", do you think maybe Shad was trying to keep his best chance to win healthy instead of losing him in a meaningless situation? Sometimes you put a kid in with tomorrow in mind to build on the kid, but also preserve the ones you have. JMO! :popcorneater:

That's an angle I never considered; I must admit. Good valid points.

I think you'll see a much improved kicking game this week as well as a young defense that continues to grow up. I also feel the scoring must be greater than 14 points this week to win and we clearly can't count on "the train" to do it all. Hopefully the first game shakes are behind us and the Blaze win big. We'll see....

GO BLACKMAN!

Blaze to win big.

What will the QB play look like, and has the Blaze found a shorter punter or will the long snapper keep the ball off the ground?

These are all good questions espicially the one about the QB play but has no one seen past that? What about Leadership????? I have yet to see anyone or combo of players step up for Blackman and be the Leaders on the field, be the motivaters. Blackman needs some of their seniors to step up their roles as not only players but leaders. Guess we will see tonight if maybe that happens. As far as QB's go both the backups for Blackman have obviously got more agility and much better footwork than strickland does but i have feelings tha it goes back to another post that mentions something about the bosses superstar!!!!!!!!!!!

Blackman wins tonight 30-6 over Pearl-Cohn. Blackman showed some improvement but still struggled a little bit offensively. Tonight we did get stronger as the game went on so that was a plus. The defense looked pretty good especially against the run but struggled a little bit against the pass. Our corners need to show some improvement if were going to beat Siegel. Kicking game looked much better tonight. Itavius is looking great. He's definitely bigger and stronger. Strickland looked better than last week although he did miss a wide open receiver on 1 play that should have been a td. He's not breaking as many long runs but he looks powerful. Pearl Cohn was big and athletic and has a good team. They will win a lot of games this year I believe.

First the good news. We were better across the board, though PC had a lot to do with that. I really like the way the defense is playing. Offense, we gotta get better in the passing game, and sooner the better. Friday night Siegal and we better come ready to play. Good job last night, we got some kids growing up in a hurry and some grown ups that need to act that way.

Overall I would give us a B. Progress is being made, reports come out this week and time will tell. :popcorneater:

Edited by mykidsdad