Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

Haven't seen a post from plum69. Please enlighten the forum on plum69's post season picks, I believe they are different from plumb69.

Sorry blade, now I understand. You mean plum69 sees Farragut- DB in one semi, Henry County- anybody in the other semi. It's the fantasy bowl matchup that occurs every year. You are the clever one.

Edited by plumb69

Former 44 - Please consider another viewpoint. The so called "Poor play calling" was not as awful as you suggest. We rang up nearly 500 yards total offense with a small number of play options. To surpise the defense is very difficult with lack of passing game right now. I agree with you on Doucette's return and getting lineman back into position. Don't recall any lost yardage, well except for the bogus phantom Blankenship flag! So tired of these <_<:roflol:

To achieve this goal we must: Perfect a clock devouring offense that dominates TOP! Be much more physical and aggressive on defense!! Take care of the ball!!! No way am I dissing defending district champs. But their last two losses were to a more physical team in Alcoa, and a faster team in White Station.

It was great to see John 'Big Boot' King back.

One at time Adnation.

I couldn't agree more with respect to your comment about the clock devouring offense that dominates TOP!

I respect your opinion and positive outlook, but I guess we will have to agree to disagree with respect to play calling. In a close game, given the game situation, the play calling permitted Oak Ridge to “hang aroundâ€. I think the kids racked up 500 yards IN SPITE OF poor decisions by the offensive staff. The 500 yards notwithstanding, Farragut was fortunate to win. Don’t forget the missed field goal, the unconverted fourth down, and two other promising drives that stalled. If you go back and watch the replay, you will see that each of these drives stalled due to the coaches getting away from what Farragut does best. All of these could have easily been touchdowns if Farragut simply runs the football. I cited other examples in my previous post.

It was clear within a few plays that Farragut was dominating the line of scrimmage. The most effective way to get the ball in the hands of your best athletes is to stick it in their breadbasket. Passes get dropped, tipped, and intercepted. That is something Farragut just doesn’t need at a critical point in the game when they are running the ball so effectively.

Don’t get me wrong. I have nothing against an effective throwing game, especially at opportune moments. An effective running team is particularly dangerous from play-action. In a close game however, I don’t think you get away from what you do best simply for the sake of “surprising†the defense or being “balancedâ€. In this particular game, it absolutely wasn’t necessary and it often resulted in bad down and distance situations. Run it until they stop it! I understand a lot of fans want to be “wide-openâ€. However, that does not fit the current personnel, and it is not what this team does best. I think most people agree that the best coaches are the ones who adapt to their personnel.

You referenced Maryville-Alcoa 2009. That is my point exactly. Alcoa did not attempt a single pass, dominated on the ground, and won by 17 points. To me, that demonstrates a coaching staff that thinks of team first and utilizes their personnel to the fullest. Alcoa simply refused to get away from what they do best.

I met a former William Blount coach at a game not too long ago. He was very complimentary with respect to the physicality of Farragut football teams. He said he always loved it when Farragut dropped back to pass.

For the most part, this offensive staff just frustrates me. I hate to see play calling that puts me in mind of Bearden playoffs 2007 (where the best tailback in the state disappeared from the game in the second half) and Maryville 2009 (where the staff had a three score lead and refused to run DeAndre Purdy, burn the clock, and shorten the game). There are many others that come to mind, but I think those examples speak for themselves. It just seems like… a whole bunch of the same.

Edited by Former44

The DB Farragut game should have been about 28-7 DB. As far as match ups, i think our team would match up in our favor against you since you lost to Farragut. So what about your stupid match ups. And this troll knows more about football than you will ever know. How about this, you talk to your people and i will talk to mine and let's get this regular season series started up again so we can play atleast once a year. I appreciate beating the Kitties more than anybody else. Especially since you patterned your program after us years ago. So show some respect BOY and recognize who your daddy is. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

hahahaha how old are you? thanks for the laughs. Win a title in the playoff era why dontcha :)

hahahaha how old are you? thanks for the laughs. Win a title in the playoff era why dontcha :)

We will one day. Just hope i'm still around to enjoy it. Oh, by the way, did you see my post on the Greenville thread? It was classic. Hope you enjoyed it. How old am i? I told you i was your daddy or atleast i could have been if i'd had five more dollars.Lol. Just joking. Good luck to the Blankenship Kitties, maybe we will meet somewhere down the road. I'll show my I.D. and bye you a cold drink in the Atomic City. Your going to need it to hold back the tears after the whoooopin. Lol. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

We will one day. Just hope i'm still around to enjoy it. Oh, by the way, did you see my post on the Greenville thread? It was classic. Hope you enjoyed it. How old am i? I told you i was your daddy or atleast i could have been if i'd had five more dollars.Lol. Just joking. Good luck to the Blankenship Kitties, maybe we will meet somewhere down the road. I'll show my I.D. and bye you a cold drink in the Atomic City. Your going to need it to hold back the tears after the whoooopin. Lol. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

Last i checked the series between OR and DB is tied 19-19...yall are far from our daddies buddy :thumb: And i dont think if i would be talking smack to an OR fan if i hadnt won anything of any mention in 47 years. JUST SAYING. Have a good day :)

Last i checked the series between OR and DB is tied 19-19...yall are far from our daddies buddy :thumb: And i dont think if i would be talking smack to an OR fan if i hadnt won anything of any mention in 47 years. JUST SAYING. Have a good day :)

Oh, but we have won something. More wins than anybody else. And some were in fact over you. BUDDY. Have a wonderful weekend of defeat. It will get better. Is Campbell County on the schedule this year? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

Oh, but we have won something. More wins than anybody else. And some were in fact over you. BUDDY. Have a wonderful weekend of defeat. It will get better. Is Campbell County on the schedule this year? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!

You have been playing football for over 20 years more than us, you should have more wins then us DUH. We have almost 600 wins and have been playing 20+ years less then DB. NOT bad if you ask me. Too bad overall victories dont win you titles :) And a DB fan talking about a powder puff scehdule? LMAO funny.

You have been playing football for over 20 years more than us, you should have more wins then us DUH. We have almost 600 wins and have been playing 20+ years less then DB. NOT bad if you ask me. Too bad overall victories dont win you titles :) And a DB fan talking about a powder puff scehdule? LMAO funny.

So if you can get 9 or 10 wins for the next 20 years you will be good. So, that's pretty impressive huh? Even against the powder puff teams.

So if you can get 9 or 10 wins for the next 20 years you will be good. So, that's pretty impressive huh? Even against the powder puff teams.

LMAO you know zero. We have Maryville (best team in the state) Powell #1 team in 5a and WE PLAY Farragut 1st game of the year when they have already played a game. Who do yall have? What i thought.

LMAO you know zero. We have Maryville (best team in the state) Powell #1 team in 5a and WE PLAY Farragut 1st game of the year when they have already played a game. Who do yall have? What i thought.

Well, we beat Farragut so that one goes to me. You play Powell #1 team in 5a. They are 5a. That goes to me. Maryville? They're gonna kill you. That one goes to me. I win. Your a big fat looooooooossssssssseeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!! :roflol:

Well, we beat Farragut so that one goes to me. You play Powell #1 team in 5a. They are 5a. That goes to me. Maryville? They're gonna kill you. That one goes to me. I win. Your a big fat looooooooossssssssseeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrr!!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!! :roflol:

Powell would smack yall 5A or not. Nobody cares about class anymore. Alcoa is 3A, who cares? Maryville may kill us, at least we have the nuts to schedule them. Yall sure as H*** dont

Powell would smack yall 5A or not. Nobody cares about class anymore. Alcoa is 3A, who cares? Maryville may kill us, at least we have the nuts to schedule them. Yall sure as H*** dont

Everybody can't just schedule who they want every year. Dang, your dumber than i thought. And why would i want to schedule them when i know if were going to try and make a run at a title were going to have to play them anyway. Word to the wise(or dumb in your case) don't shoot yourself in the foot to try and prove something to someone else. If i have to play Maryville every year, they are going to know what our team does and how to stop us in the playoffs when it counts. Understand.