Farragut @ Oak Ridge

tnchad1980

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?!

• Oak Ridge
    • Farragut

Everybody keep goin crazy over 1 game.Blade runs a 2 platoon and for that reason the team will get better every week.He aint gonna scrap everything they worked on all summer for one win.Stick with your guns and watch everyplayer get better because of it.Anybody who thinks they know more about coaching on here than blade is crazy.I have watched him turn this program from the worst i have ever seen it and take them to the semis.He still hasnt had a team with half the talent as most teams Oak Ridge has had in the past.Wait and see what happens in the playoffs this year.Oak Ridge will be ready when it counts.

Everybody keep goin crazy over 1 game.Blade runs a 2 platoon and for that reason the team will get better every week.He aint gonna scrap everything they worked on all summer for one win.Stick with your guns and watch everyplayer get better because of it.Anybody who thinks they know more about coaching on here than blade is crazy.I have watched him turn this program from the worst i have ever seen it and take them to the semis.He still hasnt had a team with half the talent as most teams Oak Ridge has had in the past.Wait and see what happens in the playoffs this year.Oak Ridge will be ready when it counts.

Hope your right man, but will OR EVER have that type of talent again?

Theres alot more talent walking the halls.... its a shame but many OR'S students aren't interested in putting forth enough effort to play. The football program has lost a lot of talent to soccer as well.

I agree, and some of the track athletes, like Jadon Short who coulda been an amazing football player dont even play. BUT, that is Coach Blade's responisibility to get them out there. Just the truth. Gaddis was an unbelievable motivator when he was at OR. I dont know if Blade has that quality? Gaddis was a better motivator then he was an x's and o's guy in my book. Lussier and the assistants did that, he was the motivator. I know, cause i played for him, he was 2nd to none at it.

I agree, and some of the track athletes, like Jadon Short who coulda been an amazing football player dont even play. BUT, that is Coach Blade's responisibility to get them out there. Just the truth. Gaddis was an unbelievable motivator when he was at OR. I dont know if Blade has that quality? Gaddis was a better motivator then he was an x's and o's guy in my book. Lussier and the assistants did that, he was the motivator. I know, cause i played for him, he was 2nd to none at it.

I could not agree more. Very well said.

Jadon Short was an outstanding sprinter and jumper who should not have played football because he was too busy making himself into an outstanding sprinter and jumper. Some kids do that--choose a sport and stick with it.

I don't think that having great athletes walking the halls is a football-only problem. I think that there's a trend away from the kind of discipline, commitment, and focus that high school athletics requires. Plenty of kids are rowing, playing AYSO, and joining rec league basketball teams, which require none of the above. (Well, rowing may.)

Jadon Short was an outstanding sprinter and jumper who should not have played football because he was too busy making himself into an outstanding sprinter and jumper. Some kids do that--choose a sport and stick with it.

I don't think that having great athletes walking the halls is a football-only problem. I think that there's a trend away from the kind of discipline, commitment, and focus that high school athletics requires. Plenty of kids are rowing, playing AYSO, and joining rec league basketball teams, which require none of the above. (Well, rowing may.)

Again.....I agree. This generation and maybe beginning in ours, have graced the world with SOME youngsters who would much rather sit in front of t.v. or computer screens and get some weak sense of accomplishment from those competitions because they require no commitments and there's always a pause button. Combine that with the social awkwardness that comes along with a generation that texts instead of talks and you have kids that are probably intimidated at the thought of joining a team.

Its a shame really.