Dobyns-Bennett vs. Farragut

dbFAN91

14-7.....PURE LUCK

Hopefully we will get better as the season goes along. Luckly Farragut was even worse. The best play of the night for DB was the punt to the 5 with 30 seconds left and Farragut still got past mid field when time ran out on them. Cook has a long way to go. He couldn't throw one in the ocean tonight. But then nobody could catch one either. Slaughter up the gut was all we had. Secondary was terrible. How much does it cost to be a defensive back at DB anyway? Don't get mad at me for this accesment, you know im right. Cook did hang in there with some good runs when we really needed them and never gave up. I'll give him that.

14-7.....PURE LUCK

Hopefully we will get better as the season goes along. Luckly Farragut was even worse. The best play of the night for DB was the punt to the 5 with 30 seconds left and Farragut still got past mid field when time ran out on them. Cook has a long way to go. He couldn't throw one in the ocean tonight. But then nobody could catch one either. Slaughter up the gut was all we had. Secondary was terrible. How much does it cost to be a defensive back at DB anyway? Don't get mad at me for this accesment, you know im right. Cook did hang in there with some good runs when we really needed them and never gave up. I'll give him that.

How well did Swafford and Foreman play tonight?

Edited by THSVikings2004

How well did Swafford and Foreman play tonight?

Swafford had a 65 yrd. run in the first quarter but didn't do much after that. Farragut pretty much laughed at our passing game and put 8 men on the line the rest of the game. Cook was overthrowing Foreman by 10 yards and he never had a chance to return any kicks either. Bad night but a win I guess.

14-7.....PURE LUCK

BS Wac.... I saw enough on the news to see that the Tribe is the totem pole to climb this year.

BS Wac.... I saw enough on the news to see that the Tribe is the totem pole to climb this year.

I went to this game, sat on the DB side, and sat with some of the nicest DB fans ever. They were so hospitable, i just wanted to get on here and thank all the DB fans for being so nice, even with my Oak Ridge colors on :) One woman gave me a blanket to sit on to pad my bottom, just classy people. Anyways, i think both teams looked kinda rusty tonight, it was a first game so you have to expect that. DB has some speed on the outside, but the QB has gotta be able to throw it to them. DB's #8 and #6 are good players with speed. Farragut's QB is a tough little booger. I kept wondering why Farragut quit going to him as the game wore on, he was the only one doing anything out there for them, and they just quit running him it seemed like, or he chose not to run, either way he shouldn't have. He was single handedly keeping them in the game. Again, i wanna thank the DB fans for treating an Oak Ridger so nicely again, thanks guys.

That quarterback for DB can't throw a lick. Whoever said he could needs their head examaned. DB's coaches called plays like they were scared. This team right now is not very good. Maybe they can get better but they have a long way to go. I'll still be pulling for them.

I had my head examined and they said there wasn't anything to worry about.

First game jitters for a 1st year QB. Cook showed improvement in the second half.. He can throw because he proved it last year, but DB needs to run the option all the time to open up some passing plays. Kicking game is better than weve had in a while. Defense was great except for the secondary. The player of the game was #50 Gilliam. He had a huge night and he's only a JR. Swafford is the man but we are not an i-formation team. He's a player who needs to be stretching the defense. Overall, anytime you go to Knoxville and get a win it's a plus. We represented well tonight and we can only get better from here. Farragut has a good team with speed, size and toughness. They will have a good season if they stay healthy. Anyway, we're 1-0 and that's a great way to start. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by dbFAN91

DB is replacing every skill position player really with the exception of Swafford. The Indians did show some toughness in the O-Line.... on a couple of drives, they just pushed Farragut around. And the Defense was solid, especially in the 2nd half.... except for the secondary giving way to much respect and cushion. #50 Trevor Gilliam was a beast, and #74 Nick Sensabaugh played his tail off tonight on Defense. Cook ran the ball better than I expected and didn't throw as well as I expected.

The Indians have a long way to go, but the good thing is, I think they have the players that can go a long way.

Roll Tribe Roll

Yep , it looks like another stellar year for the Tribe! Keep adding to that "all-time winningest program in the state of Tennessee" title...Clinton LOST 12-21; Sullivan South LOST 44-47; Sevier County WON 35-21; Daniel Boone LOST 3-31; Sullivan Central LOST 13-39; David Crockett LOST 13-46; Tennessee High WON 52-0; Volunteer LOST 25-35; Science Hill LOST 18-26. Kingsport Dobyns-Bennett will finish 10-0; ranked in the top 5; #2 seed in Quadrant 1; but strength of schedule???