Union City @ Obion Co. Central

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What could be any better than Union City/Obion Central to open the season AND on Saturday night ??...Both teams will come into the game with high expectations...Who wins this big county rivalry game ??...

This is a exciting way to start a season. This should be a good game UC will try to control the clock keeping the ball grounded. UC as you know will have they worked cut off for them. Phillips a good QB and some good recievers which have good size as well. Can UC stop the pass or can OC stop the run? I'll go with OC in a thriller! Good luck to both teams!

Bad news for Union City. The starting Q B could be out for the season as in Rutland, he has a broken finger on his throwing hand and has had it for 3 weeks. Not healing correct from the report given and may end up with some type of surgery. Shanks has been moved to take over the Q B duties. He started on that this past Thursday, the day before the jamboree Vs. Bruceton. Union City is low in numbers as well. They be the stew out of McKenzie this past Tuesday 4 to 1 with main string players and had a very good pass defense. U C defense is good. The only question is ...is Rutland out for the year at any position, can Shanks move in and redirect the team and can the injury bug stay away. Look for several freshmen to be moved up soon. As for the O C game...the Rebels should win if the pass game is on. If not and they miss their targets, U C has a chance. U C will also stop their run game.

Watch out bigster you gonna stir up them Tornadoe fans! :roflol:

Yea I know..lol..But from what I saw last night out of my Falcons,it's going to be a good game between the Tornadoes and Lake Co.Union City needs a quarterback and didn't look very strong on defense and was 1 dimensional.Lake Co didn't look good at all on defense,offense wasn't much betetr and the punting was atrocious.Maybe both teams were flopping last night.But from what I saw,if I had to make a prediction of finish would be Humboldt #1..Trenton probably #2.South Fulton #3..Trenton and South Fulton may could switch places..Union City and Lake Co fighting it out for 4th..slight nod to Lake Co with their speed and Union City not having a quarterback.Now if the quarterback comes back,switch Lake Co and Union City.Then Halls and then Greenfield .But both may challenge Lake Co and Union City just based on last night.Usually I can come away with a good feeling even if Lake Co loses after a jamboree.Usually something good showed up.Didn't see it last night.Once Lake Co gets everyone back,if Crawford is allowed to play..maybe be ok.Then the defense may can stay with Union city,South Fulton ,Halls.Going to be hard to stop Huntingdon and probably Humboldt unless we stop them at the line of scrimmage and get tough.

Edited by mrbigster

Bad news for Union City. The starting Q B could be out for the season as in Rutland, he has a broken finger on his throwing hand and has had it for 3 weeks. Not healing correct from the report given and may end up with some type of surgery. Shanks has been moved to take over the Q B duties. He started on that this past Thursday, the day before the jamboree Vs. Bruceton. Union City is low in numbers as well. They be the stew out of McKenzie this past Tuesday 4 to 1 with main string players and had a very good pass defense. U C defense is good. The only question is ...is Rutland out for the year at any position, can Shanks move in and redirect the team and can the injury bug stay away. Look for several freshmen to be moved up soon. As for the O C game...the Rebels should win if the pass game is on. If not and they miss their targets, U C has a chance. U C will also stop their run game.

I wasn't too impressed with their defense.Especially the secondary.I think passing teams like Central will have their way just about any passing play.

Yea I know..lol..But from what I saw last night out of my Falcons,it's going to be a good game between the Tornadoes and Lake Co.Union City needs a quarterback and didn't look very strong on defense and was i dimensional.Lake Co didn't look good at all on defense,offense wasn't much betetr and the punting was atrocious.Maybe both teams were flopping last night.

Well it don't start counting till this week! If u get knocked around early then worry but last night was just a scrommage. We all sometimes come to take scrimmages and put to much in them. When the gun sounds we will see. Good Luck to the Falcons this season!

The Rutland injury changes things...It's hard enough to learn the reads and steps that you have to to run the veer over a summer but now with Shanks (converted lineman) having to learn it basically overnight, that's tough...Does anybody know, I guess Shanks was the back-up @ QB anyway or is he starting from scratch ??...

OC's question mark is going to be their line...They are very big but young...They have as good a set of skill position players as anyone in this area...They didn't play their starters in the CC jamboree against Humboldt,yet still tied...Coach Jackson wasn't even at the game...He was in Huntingdon scouting Union City...So, they have a little bit of depth...Another concern is their defense...I hear they will use some of their best athletes on both sides of the ball...That will help...This team averaged 33 points over an eleven game season last season and finished 5-6...Defense was a major problem last season and HAS to be improved if the Rebels want to advance in the state playoffs...

If OC goes after UC's secondary all out and then hit them with Fair and the running game, it could be a blow-out...If OC uses the same game plan they used last year, trying to control the clock with their run game, they could actually keep UC in the game, as they did last season (19-14 OC win)...

I was going to predict a 33-13 OC win before the Rutland injury came to light...I'll keep it there but it could be worse...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard