Union City @ Obion Co. Central

UC's new qb played fullback in middle school and has played DE and OG in his high school career. He got to play qb for the first time on the day before the jamboree. Piece of cake. (Still plays DE of course)

He'll do alright and is the type to push himself to get better with each practice. If last year's game was close, there's not much reason that this year's won't be. UC played the game with jv sophomores last year.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone care to describe this game to the Coacht brethren? How bad did OCCHS put it on the Tornados??

OC won the coin toss and pretty much dominated the rest of the way....36-6 Obion Central...

The injury to Rutland, as expected or should have been expected, really hurt UC's offense...How anyone could think it wouldn't is beyond me but UC had a little over a week to get prepared...Shanks did about as well as could be expected...OC disrupted the UC center, which is a key to stopping the veer...UC lost a couple of fumbles...OC looked pretty smooth...Very balanced between the run and pass...They (OC) also had some big hits and they pursued the ball much better than last season...They are faster...They played Fair, Parr, Cary and McGrew on the defensive side of the ball...It showed how having some of your best athletes on the field will make a significant difference on defense...Wish they would have done that last season...OC led 26-0 at half...OC could have had more points on the board but did not take advantage of a UC fumble around the Tornado 24 yard line...

UC came out in the second half and ran the Wildcat Package with Hyde as the triggerman...They had some success with it at times but could not sustain anything...Hyde actually threw the ball some as the Tornadoes were in a three wide while running the Wildcat...OC scored another TD to close it out...UC scored late on reserves...

It looked like one weakness for OC would be their kicking game...They didn't attempt a PAT after their first two scores...McGrew looked a little shaky on his first PAT as it barely slid over the cross-bar...But he nailed a FG and another couple of PAT's...Fair executed a perfect on-sides kick and did a respectable job handling the kick-off duties...

Fair is a special player...He has a chance to play on Saturdays...Phipps looked good as did Cary, McGrew and Parr...Defensively, Hopkins clogged up the middle...Bubba Quinton made some huge hits and I heard Trent Mann's name called a lot...I thought OC's o-line did a very good job...

UC has some playmakers and they have speed...They just got to figure out how to get the ball in their hands...They were very limited in what they could do offensively...

OC won the coin toss and pretty much dominated the rest of the way....36-6 Obion Central...

The injury to Rutland, as expected or should have been expected, really hurt UC's offense...How anyone could think it wouldn't is beyond me but UC had a little over a week to get prepared...Shanks did about as well as could be expected...OC disrupted the UC center, which is a key to stopping the veer...UC lost a couple of fumbles...OC looked pretty smooth...Very balanced between the run and pass...They (OC) also had some big hits and they pursued the ball much better than last season...They are faster...They played Fair, Parr, Cary and McGrew on the defensive side of the ball...It showed how having some of your best athletes on the field will make a significant difference on defense...Wish they would have done that last season...OC led 26-0 at half...OC could have had more points on the board but did not take advantage of a UC fumble around the Tornado 24 yard line...

UC came out in the second half and ran the Wildcat Package with Hyde as the triggerman...They had some success with it at times but could not sustain anything...Hyde actually threw the ball some as the Tornadoes were in a three wide while running the Wildcat...OC scored another TD to close it out...UC scored late on reserves...

It looked like one weakness for OC would be their kicking game...They didn't attempt a PAT after their first two scores...McGrew looked a little shaky on his first PAT as it barely slid over the cross-bar...But he nailed a FG and another couple of PAT's...Fair executed a perfect on-sides kick and did a respectable job handling the kick-off duties...

Fair is a special player...He has a chance to play on Saturdays...Phipps looked good as did Cary, McGrew and Parr...Defensively, Hopkins clogged up the middle...Bubba Quinton made some huge hits and I heard Trent Mann's name called a lot...I thought OC's o-line did a very good job...

UC has some playmakers and they have speed...They just got to figure out how to get the ball in their hands...They were very limited in what they could do offensively...

Good Post. Pretty much the true. I really thought this game was going to get even worse. U C stopped the bleeding a bid and slowed the scoring machine down. As many times as the Tornadoes have enjoyued as lopsided or more lopsided wins....it was a good game for the Rebel fans. Everything looked clean to me as well.

For sure the Rebels are going to have to come up with a kicking game plan and a better special teams. I also thought their defense was fair. They should have a decent shot at finishing out 1st through 3rd in their side of the regional bracket. Beyond that, that is when the special teams will hurt them. They also made some stupid mistakes on 4 different series when they gave Union City a first down. You do this in a big game or regional game and it will kill you. Union City coach Bowling said after the game he had many kids who never missed a snap...amazing. The number hurt U C as well. Good overall sportsmanship game and I also thought Jackson called off the dogs at a good time. Good luck to the Rebels.

For sure the Rebels are going to have to come up with a kicking game plan and a better special teams. I also thought their defense was fair. They should have a decent shot at finishing out 1st through 3rd in their side of the regional bracket. Beyond that, that is when the special teams will hurt them. They also made some stupid mistakes on 4 different series when they gave Union City a first down. You do this in a big game or regional game and it will kill you. Union City coach Bowling said after the game he had many kids who never missed a snap...amazing. The number hurt U C as well. Good overall sportsmanship game and I also thought Jackson called off the dogs at a good time. Good luck to the Rebels.

I don't think that putting your starters back in the game with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter is good sportsmanship by Jackson. Personally, for me I hope that the kids on the team have a great year, but for the coaches, and some of the obnoxious fans, I hope for the opposite. If the Phipps kid stays healthy it could be a good year, if he gets hurt then it could be a long one.

I don't think that putting your starters back in the game with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter is good sportsmanship by Jackson. Personally, for me I hope that the kids on the team have a great year, but for the coaches, and some of the obnoxious fans, I hope for the opposite. If the Phipps kid stays healthy it could be a good year, if he gets hurt then it could be a long one.

He put the starters back in to run the clock out not to try to score again cause if he wanted they could have put 50 on uc, an as far as you hoping bad for our fans and coaches that also wishes bad for the kids,so stop the whining crap after a big loss just take it like a man an shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!