Marion Co. Warriors VS Grundy Co. Jackets

pegleg

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Johnny Cook kid is pretty good. They will have called Johnny County instead of Grundy. As for Jasper I am starting to see a patern. 3rd and 10 and they run what looked like a QB dive. I think they would be a little better if they were to run the spread. I am really liking that #85 they have. He had some great catches, even though he dropped one he still had the only td jasper got. I also noticed when the QB would snap the ball on a pass he eyed his WR the whole way and that is something you just cant do. I think they have good talent but not running the right offense. Maybe put Zeman at FB let him run and throw on some trick plays??

Considering that Grundy Co could have won the last 2 years against Marion Co and didn't, I wasn't shocked that the Yellow Jackets won at Grundy tonite. It was good to see them get over the hump and get the win and a great start to the season. Its a program that has slowly gotten better the last few years. Next week is a trip to S.Pittsburg. I guess we'll know more about them after that game, but enjoy this week. I don't think Grundy Co had beaten Marion Co in 8 years.

Old Pirate says congrats to the Grundy youngons on the "W". The Jacket's trip to the South Pittsburg Speedway will be challenging. OP seen several from SP at this game and the Pirates best be ready for them big youngons from the mtn.

The folkes from Jasvegas best remove them Rose Colored glasses theys been wearing after the Jamboree. After the jamboree theys sure been a heep of gum bumping round the jailhouse :popcorneater:

Edited by OLD PIRATE

MC has a lot of work to do if they want to make the playoffs. It looks like Boeck made a good move when he dropped Boyd and Signal from their schedule this season.

Newspaper called MC's schedule a "Dream Schedule". It has started out as a "nightmare".Picking up Copper Basin may have been a big mistake. Edited by pegleg

I don't know if the train whistle would have made any difference, but you can blame it on that if nothing else. There seemed to be a lot of confusion on the sideline and in the huddle. MC had about 10 penalties. Zeman got sacked four times and had two passes blocked. MC squandered their time outs in the first half running out of time causing mistakes when they could have scored. Patton Grooms and Eric Qualls had some good completions, and Zeman broke loose for some good runs. Grundy's Johnny Cook was a hard man to stop. Many a time he carried five defenders several yards before they could bring him down. If MC can get their act together they'll be a competitive team.

Edited by D60

I'll tell you one thing. Them thar mountain boys is shor keeyed up over that thar win and they don't fear no Boeck. They ain't skeerd of him at tall. They told me last night that thar wouldnt be nun of them goin deer huntin at the mid season break. They's ready to play some football this year and was ready to wup some butt all over the place. They was glad to finally stick it to them Jasper boys that nobody likes and they was ready to go play a real team next week in South Pittsburg. You think I'm joking? I'm not.