Milan vs Humboldt

87vikingalumni

I think the Vikes will play with Milan for awhile but will not be big or strong enough to slow the bulldogs down. Humboldt played OK last year for awhile but lost 27-7, hopefully Humboldt will play hard and make it a game. It's been a long time since the Vikes pulled out a win against the dogs but Humboldt can only improve by playing a good bulldog team regardless of outcome! So, let's get it started!!!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humboldt has played pretty well in their scrimmages, jamboree and opening game. They have some really nice young talent and a pretty solid team. I just don't see them beating the Bulldogs. Should be close at first but Milan takes this one.

I agree completely ..appears Milan is Milan again ..

I think the Vikes will play with Milan for awhile but will not be big or strong enough to slow the bulldogs down. Humboldt played OK last year for awhile but lost 27-7, hopefully Humboldt will play hard and make it a game. It's been a long time since the Vikes pulled out a win against the dogs but Humboldt can only improve by playing a good bulldog team regardless of outcome! So, let's get it started!!!

I disagree Humboldt can beat Milan they must correct a few things this week in practice. In order to Milan the Vikings must put pressure on the QB. The secondary must play a good game. Up front Humboldt is a little bigger than Milan. Milan won't be able to run the ball on Humboldt like they did Peabody. Milan had field postion all night against Peabody. Peabody stayed in a hole all night. Give Milan defense credit for that. Peabody has no size or offense at all. If Peabody don't improve the Tide will be lucky to break 500. I'm not saying Humboldt will beat Milan but they have the talent to do so. I think this game will be much closer than most people think. Both of these teams will do well come playoff time in their classes. Good luck!

Well, Zebra I hope you are right since you know a lot about football! I haven't seen them play this year but hopefully we can keep it close. Wished I was able to make the game because I haven't been a Milan/Humboldt game in years. I think the last time I saw them play was when Kelcy Williams was playing & I think that was the last time we won'

I saw both games this week and I think Milan might have a battle on their hands. The psychology of the smaller school will determine how this thing goes down. The two offenses are very similar, although Humboldt is starting a lot of sophomores. The response from the youngsters to the pressure could be the x-factor. I predict Humboldt to win by 6.

I saw both games this week and I think Milan might have a battle on their hands. The psychology of the smaller school will determine how this thing goes down. The two offenses are very similar, although Humboldt is starting a lot of sophomores. The response from the youngsters to the pressure could be the x-factor. I predict Humboldt to win by 6.

:thumb::thumb: Go Vikings

Well, Zebra I hope you are right since you know a lot about football! I haven't seen them play this year but hopefully we can keep it close. Wished I was able to make the game because I haven't been a Milan/Humboldt game in years. I think the last time I saw them play was when Kelcy Williams was playing & I think that was the last time we won'

I don't claim to be no Jimmy the greek but i been around the game many moons! Milan as always will win their share of games. As Redskins50 posted the two are similar. Vikes are located with young talent Sophomores everywhere! Montague is just a Sophomore the starting QB but is the real deal. Good arm and move has the mobility to get out of trouble with his speed. Size a slight edge to Humboldt. The Dawgs as well have a big and strong QB with Powell. Great arm and also as the ability to get out of trouble. Both have speed and good backs. I am making no predictions but this will be the game of the week. The keys for Humboldt is to pressure Powell on passing downs he has a shot gun arm. Of course win in the trenches and the secondardy must be on their toes all night! Regauardless of the out come i do believe both these Gibson County Schools will make the County proud come playoff time!

Edited by zebra99