Smith Co. travels to Gordonsville

croz6110

You have to admit from the showing Friday night,it has the potential to get ugly fast. G-ville had their best chances the last 3 years and didn't get it done. Next year may be another good chance ( no QB in waiting right now). This year, SC returns a lot of experience. G-ville looks tot be a bit young. Their lines and defence are big question marks to me and where I see SC with a huge advantage.

This year reminds me of 2009. SC had the same hype coming in.

They were returning alot of starters, and Gville was young.

SC had just whooped up on Cheatham, and some were expecting more of the same against Gville. That wasn't the case.

Will it be similar this year? It may be.

I don't see SC running away with, but they have before when they weren't supposed to.

So, who knows until Friday?

SC had just whooped up on Cheatham, and some were expecting more of the same against Gville. That wasn't the case.

I don't see SC running away with, but they have before when they weren't supposed to.

I'm guessing Gordonsville is expecting a win yet again?

Edited by I Love HS Football

Guest Termite

The difference this year is a running game. In 09 Silva was the RB and in the G-ville game we relied on Johnston's arm.

The difference this year is a running game. In 09 Silva was the RB and in the G-ville game we relied on Johnston's arm.

I realize that, and I said this is the first time in a while that we have to truly worry about a run game. However, like I said, there are some similarities to this year. Besides, I liked Silva. He ran hard.

I realize that, and I said this is the first time in a while that we have to truly worry about a run game. However, like I said, there are some similarities to this year. Besides, I liked Silva. He ran hard.

Silva had something that Idk

How many kids on this years team has.....heart. he wasn't the biggest or strongest but he had it where it mattered. But I think some kids on this years team has it...but not some that need it.

Croz, If you remember correctly in 09 SC still came away with the W in the end so if this year is similar to that year and SC still walks away with the WIN then I will be perfectly happy(may need my heart checked after but will be happy). Also, when is the "this is the year" crap gonna end. We hear it every year and it is the same outcome and has been for what? 12 years now going on 13.

Owls by 3 TDs or more! Jalen runs wild in "The Jungle"

Go Owls! :thumb:

Edited by blackandgoldforlife

I'm guessing Gordonsville is expecting a win yet again?

Im a huge Gordonsville fan, however im one of the realist... Jalen is a special talent... HE has all the tools to play SEC ball... I wish he was in blue and white... hopefully if he keeps touching the ball only three or four times in the first half of games he will be lol... In all honesty... he should be getting 25-30 carries a game... Gville is solid pretty much everywhere ... jus not spectacular anywhere... Cason will have to have an extrodinary game to keep the Tigers in it IMO...