Cloudland at Coalfield

THE KING

This used to be a good rivalry in the early nineties. They both packed a haydees of a punch back in those days with one team winning one year and the other the next. Cloudland brings youth and vigor in 2011, while Coalfield is seasoned and state ranked. The Landers will be climbing an uphill battle, but I think they will win the respect of Coalfield if not the game itself. Can anyone tell me whatever happened to Matthew Breeden? He was a great receiver for Coalfield in the early nineties.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This used to be a good rivalry in the early nineties. They both packed a haydees of a punch back in those days with one team winning one year and the other the next. Cloudland brings youth and vigor in 2011, while Coalfield is seasoned and state ranked. The Landers will be climbing an uphill battle, but I think they will win the respect of Coalfield if not the game itself. Can anyone tell me whatever happened to Matthew Breeden? He was a great receiver for Coalfield in the early nineties.

When you get knocked down,the only thing you can do is get back up and try it again.Cloudland has alot of hard working kids and I think They'll awnser the bell.

I'm sure Coalfield has a good team but they did just lose to PF, I think PF has one of the best teams they've had in several years. With that being said, if Cloudland is gonna be able to compete come playoff time, they'll have to give Coalfield a good game. Greenback ,Sunbrite and Copper Basin are all as good or nearly as good as Coalfield. This game will be a telling sign.

I think our team will compete well. I've talked to several and they say the running back from Andrews is the best they would see this year. Cloudland actually outplayed the rest of their team, they just had a hard time with tackling. I'm sure they will get better. Not too many from Coalfield on here talking. I hope they think this is a week off.

I think our team will compete well. I've talked to several and they say the running back from Andrews is the best they would see this year. Cloudland actually outplayed the rest of their team, they just had a hard time with tackling. I'm sure they will get better. Not too many from Coalfield on here talking. I hope they think this is a week off.

I doubt if Cloudland is a name that the Coalfield faithful takes lightly,just too many great battles between these 2. Should be a great game.

/quote]

Best rb from Andrews that Cloudland will face? Not sure about that. You all do play Greenback and Im pretty sure they have a rb by the name of Seymour who is pretty tough.

Since we are on the topic of opposing running backs, Coalfield just played one of the best running backs in the state. His stats from previous years speak for themselves. He had 186 yards and 3 tds against Coalfield Friday night and Coalfield doesn't give up those numbers to just anyone. His name is Chase Travis and if he stays healthy, he will be all-state and a finalist for Mr. Football depending on the success of PF this season. BTW, I am not from Coalfield or Pigeon Forge. If you are interested, go to youtube and search Chase Travis. Any football fan will enjoy

Cloudland and Coalfield are about the same. They make the playoffs because of weak competition and then get destroyed in the playoffs. Kind of like Hampton up that way. Oneida has a state championship. Indians are 1992 State Champs.

you should start posting on the sunbright threads,sounds like you and ole tiger are good friends!