Jefferson County @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

As long as it's the Jeff County Patriots, I'll live. :unsure:

I think it was a little of both. Jeff County did a great job of stopping the Viking running game...maybe 80 yards rushing for the Vikes? Tennessee was decent through the air, but they still need to improve a lot. Several receivers were open but were either overthrown or underthrown. Several times it was just taking Tennessee High a little too long to execute and the Pats were able to get after the qb. Penalties hurt Jeff County and Tennessee High. Harder to get first downs when you start out 1st and 20. Jeff County had several offsides penalties. But, this was a pretty close game in the second half and Tennessee fought hard coming back after trailing 14-0 to lead 21-17 at one point. But, man, it seemed every time Tennessee made a big play Jeff County would turn around immediately returning the favor. Exciting game to watch.

you are very correct, very fun to watch. TH took the lead and it was not 3 plays until the JC QB runs 65 to the one the get the lead back. I think TH will do well this year and would not surprise me if they dont upset one of the 6a teams in the area. Good luck going forward.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are very correct, very fun to watch. TH took the lead and it was not 3 plays until the JC QB runs 65 to the one the get the lead back. I think TH will do well this year and would not surprise me if they dont upset one of the 6a teams in the area. Good luck going forward.

I hope so, but Science Hill and DB will be tall tasks. As long the Vikings improve as the season progresses a 7-3 or 6-4 record would be very deceiving of the quality of this team.

Is this the same TN High that claimed they were better than DB. Jeff County on a down year dominates Tennessee HIgh? The game was all Jeff County until they let up. Yep, sure, TN High can hang with the big boys. DB is 18-2 versus Jeff Co and the losses were in 83 and 91 when Jeff Co was nationlly ranked. Face it, TN High and all the other teams DB playes are not that good. And to say South or TN High have made it far in the playoffs compared to DB is insane. The fact is, once the divisions are drawn out, upper east TN teams have a hard time getting past Knoxville teams and DB has done this more of late. In other words a TN High or South team making a 4th round playoff game against a Knoxville team is equal to a DB team playing a Knoxville area team in the 2nd round because of the layout. Jeff Cobeating a TN High team shows the difference in level of play. DB has beatean Jeff Co since 1991. Begin Excuses

Is this the same TN High that claimed they were better than DB. Jeff County on a down year dominates Tennessee HIgh? The game was all Jeff County until they let up. Yep, sure, TN High can hang with the big boys. DB is 18-2 versus Jeff Co and the losses were in 83 and 91 when Jeff Co was nationlly ranked. Face it, TN High and all the other teams DB playes are not that good. And to say South or TN High have made it far in the playoffs compared to DB is insane. The fact is, once the divisions are drawn out, upper east TN teams have a hard time getting past Knoxville teams and DB has done this more of late. In other words a TN High or South team making a 4th round playoff game against a Knoxville team is equal to a DB team playing a Knoxville area team in the 2nd round because of the layout. Jeff Cobeating a TN High team shows the difference in level of play. DB has beatean Jeff Co since 1991. Begin Excuses

Perfect example of why DB fans are so well-thought of in NET. Is there a limit to the arrogance found in the Indian faithful?

Thanks bud for reinforcing a stereo-type.

Obviously a better grade of Patriots this year , eh '04? How did they limit the air raid attack of Coach Boggs? Was their D that effective or did the Vikes just not execute?

The Vikings had 284 passing yards and a touchdown. What would you consider a good night Crawdad? :blink:

As long as it's the Jeff County Patriots, I'll live. :unsure:

I think it was a little of both. Jeff County did a great job of stopping the Viking running game...maybe 80 yards rushing for the Vikes? Tennessee was decent through the air, but they still need to improve a lot. Several receivers were open but were either overthrown or underthrown. Several times it was just taking Tennessee High a little too long to execute and the Pats were able to get after the qb. Penalties hurt Jeff County and Tennessee High. Harder to get first downs when you start out 1st and 20. Jeff County had several offsides penalties. But, this was a pretty close game in the second half and Tennessee fought hard coming back after trailing 14-0 to lead 21-17 at one point. But, man, it seemed every time Tennessee made a big play Jeff County would turn around immediately returning the favor. Exciting game to watch.

Totally agree 04'. Penalties were a major factor in this game for both sides. Jeff Co pulled the bully move on the first possession for both teams and smacked the Vikings around fairly easily. I was starting to think that this was going to be a long night for the Vikings. But on Jeff Co second possession the Vikings figured out that they better fight back and stand their ground or else take another Greeneville like thrashing. Once THS woke up and realized that this was not Johnson Co the game was on... and it was a great one! Both teams took turns punching each other in the mouth with big play after big play! Bottom line... Jeff Co just simply made less mistakes, but I believe the Vikings gained much more than they loss. Congrats to Jeff Co on the win.

PS. I was impressed with RBs #26 (runs low and hard and with his low center of gravity you better grab his legs or you WILL go for a ride), #3 (quick determined runner), and the KICKER/PUNTER IS A BEAST!!! OMG!

DB needs the Jefferson Countys of the world...else Graham would never win a first-round playoff game..

Bud you can quit lickin yourself... we all know DB had a good game last night against a Clinton team that will be lucky to win 2 games this season. Sounds like you're still trying to come down off the celebratory shine you must have drown yourself in while layin in the back of your truck in the DB parking lot while chanting we're number one till you passed out into la la land! But those of us in the real world know that we have a much greater chance of getting past Knoxville than DB does... and that's a fact. I know that nobody "claimed" that the Vikings were better than DB this year. You better just concentrate on trying to win out in this 5A conference you are in BIG BOY, because I for one think you very well may run into a couple of surprises that you may not see coming with that big ol swollen head of yours. ;)

Edited by Cap1

Is this the same TN High that claimed they were better than DB.

Bud show us a post where anyone has claimed TN High is better than DB this year, just one.

Jeff County on a down year dominates Tennessee HIgh?

Don't be surprised if this "down" year as you put it turns into a 8-2 or possibly even a 10-0 season for Jeff Co.

The game was all Jeff County until they let up. Yep, sure, TN High can hang with the big boys.

You must have good eyes to be able to see all the way from Nashville. You're right Tennessee had nothing to do with anything in the second half. All the yardage and the points were all because Jeff County wanted to be challenged. :rolleyes:

Face it, TN High and all the other teams DB playes are not that good. And to say South or TN High have made it far in the playoffs compared to DB is insane. The fact is, once the divisions are drawn out, upper east TN teams have a hard time getting past Knoxville teams and DB has done this more of late. In other words a TN High or South team making a 4th round playoff game against a Knoxville team is equal to a DB team playing a Knoxville area team in the 2nd round because of the layout. Jeff Cobeating a TN High team shows the difference in level of play. DB has beatean Jeff Co since 1991. Begin Excuses

Bud, I think you and I agree that teams in this area have a difficult time advancing in the playoffs, that's apparent. 6A is stacked so getting knocked out in the second round by a great team is nothing to be ashamed of. Losing to a 5-5 team in the first round that you know you would've beaten by 35 in Week 10 simply because the coach was overconfident or made terrible calls IS something to worry about. That was my argument when we starting this back and forth conversation back in '08 I believe. Undoubtedly there were some mean-spirited South fans giving DB a hard time because they lost to McMinn Co. And you started comparing the loss to Greeneville, South, or THS losing to Maryville. DB should've won that game. McMinn or WB weren't head and shoulders above DB those years. And yes it is very rare for a NET team to make it deep in the playoffs, but don't use your argument above if DB loses to a team they should've stomped. Last year, in my opinion, was a different story all together. DB dominated in every aspect except the scoreboard in their loss to Bearden. They made a couple of mistakes against a great team, but they had nothing to be ashamed of losing to them.

Edited by THSVikings2004