Jefferson County @ Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

Don't be surprised if this "down" year as you put it turns into a 8-2 or possibly even a 10-0 season for Jeff Co.

With that schedule they should. I wish JC would have had a schedule like that when I played, we would have went undefeated every year. I don't know how JC plans to be prepared come playoff time when we pad the schedule with 4A teams and terrible 5A teams. Every effort should have been made to put DB on the EVERY year along with another perennial 5A playoff team.

Just playing Sevier County isn't going to cut it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With that schedule they should. I wish JC would have had a schedule like that when I played, we would have went undefeated every year. I don't know how JC plans to be prepared come playoff time when we pad the schedule with 4A teams and terrible 5A teams. Every effort should have been made to put DB on the EVERY year along with another perennial 5A playoff team.

lets let them walk b-4 they run. At the end they will be ok with this schedule. . we will find that TH and Heritage are better than most think!!! Heritage just kicked 4-5 seed from last year in Harden V. who killed Beardon the week b-4. The fact is that the rules have changed and until they change the playoff formula who can blame a program as a couple of non conf losses can kick you out of the playoffs. I think Mo West will bee a tough test as they just beat Greeneville. Let me see, we complain if we lose but we complain if we loosen the schedule a bit???????? And lets not forget, the past coach did this. not the present!! Could it just be that this team is just better than most thought?

lets let them walk b-4 they run. At the end they will be ok with this schedule. . we will find that TH and Heritage are better than most think!!! Heritage just kicked 4-5 seed from last year in Harden V. who killed Beardon the week b-4. The fact is that the rules have changed and until they change the playoff formula who can blame a program as a couple of non conf losses can kick you out of the playoffs. I think Mo West will bee a tough test as they just beat Greeneville. Let me see, we complain if we lose but we complain if we loosen the schedule a bit???????? And lets not forget, the past coach did this. not the present!! Could it just be that this team is just better than most thought?

Loosen the schedule? The schedule is a joke. It has nothing to do with needing something to complain about. The moment the new regions and classifications were announced it was obvious that JC's schedule would be very light and the program would have to challenge itself in the OOC. This team finds nothing out about itself by playing this schedule and even with a 10-0 record won't know if it can handle a good 5A team.

You rattle off Mo West and Heritage as though they compare to Maryville, O.R, Farragut, DB etc. Teams that JC will have to face when it matters. Mo West is going to be on the schedule regardless, we deserve no credit for playing them. We have choice when it comes to who we decide to play in the OOC. Padding the schedule just allows folks to beat their chest but does nothing for the actual team or the program.

Edited by JC4life

Loosen the schedule? The schedule is a joke. It has nothing to do with needing something to complain about. The moment the new regions and classifications were announced it was obvious that JC's schedule would be very light and the program would have to challenge itself in the OOC. This team finds nothing out about itself by playing this schedule and even with a 10-0 record won't know if it can handle a good 5A team.

You rattle off Mo West and Heritage as though they compare to Maryville, O.R, Farragut, DB etc. Teams that JC will have to face when it matters. Mo West is going to be on the schedule regardless, we deserve no credit for playing them. We have choice when it comes to who we decide to play in the OOC. Padding the schedule just allows folks to beat their chest but does nothing for the actual team or the program.

Sure you plan this when you make a schedule. Like playing in the SEC, you look at the comp within b-4 you set the non conf. Its just smart. The problem is that so many teams are hot and cold from year to year. Look at Greeneville and Beardon. This years team not close to last years team. What year did you play and I guess you won all of your conf games and played Maryville and others on the OCC.. I dont thinks the O.R's have done anything lately and how far has Db made it?? I guess Maryville should only play all OOC games to give everyone a test. They only get to play 3 themselves and 1 will alway be Alcoa. Maybe we can beg for 1 of the other 2.

Same argument we have up here.Tssaa messed it all up a couple of years ago.I liked the Big East and having Oak Ridge as one of our out of conference games every year.It was fair and simple and now your punished for playing a great school and maybe getting a loss or two.Last year,Maryville would have had to travel to Kingsport because of a loss to Alcoa.That makes no sense and a lot of coaches will not schedule like Greeneville has because of it.Alcoa,Morristown West and Science Hill for a 4A team is a load.

Edited by BatmanDB

Same argument we have up here.Tssaa messed it all up a couple of years ago.I liked the Big East and having Oak Ridge as one of our out of conference games every year.It was fair and simple and now your punished for playing a great school and maybe getting a loss or two.Last year,Maryville would have had to travel to Kingsport because of a loss to Alcoa.That makes no sense and a lot of coaches will not schedule like Greeneville has because of it.Alcoa,Morristown West and Science Hill for a 4A team is a load.

you are correct. the downside is punishing. Is it really smart to schedule someone you will likely meet in the playoffs. Most coaches dont want to. So how many power programs do we have to chose from in 6a?? Slim pikins. I liked the other layout from that standpoint but can remember the weaker conf's sending district leaders to state with 4 wins??? who knows. The best answer is building up your conf. If TH, South and SH is good. You dont have to travel far to get tested. #2. Db goes to lengths to schedule strong non conf schedules but teams like Faragut and SC have been up and down? How do you plan?

Sure you plan this when you make a schedule. Like playing in the SEC, you look at the comp within b-4 you set the non conf. Its just smart. The problem is that so many teams are hot and cold from year to year. Look at Greeneville and Beardon. This years team not close to last years team. What year did you play and I guess you won all of your conf games and played Maryville and others on the OCC.. I dont thinks the O.R's have done anything lately and how far has Db made it?? I guess Maryville should only play all OOC games to give everyone a test. They only get to play 3 themselves and 1 will alway be Alcoa. Maybe we can beg for 1 of the other 2.

When I played we played in a conference made up exclusively of 5A teams to the necessity to schedule other 5A teams was not there. Things are very different now, JC is in a region with only 1 other 5A school meaning it HAS to schedule other 5A school in the OOC. Maryville doesn't need to load up its OOC schedule (yet they play O.R in the OOC anyway), Bearden and Farragut are in their conference plus W.B and Heritage. O.R is in a similar situation as JC, but they go out an play Farragut and Maryville every year. DB is in a similar position but they've schedule Sevier Co and Farragut.

Edited by JC4life

When I played we played in a conference made up exclusively of 5A teams to the necessity to schedule other 5A teams was not there. Things are very different now, JC is in a region with only 1 other 5A school meaning it HAS to schedule other 5A school in the OOC. Maryville doesn't need to load up its OOC schedule (yet they play O.R in the OOC anyway), Bearden and Farragut are in their conference plus W.B and Heritage. O.R is in a similar situation as JC, but they go out an play Farragut and Maryville every year. DB is in a similar position but they've schedule Sevier Co and Farragut.

So let me understand this... JC4life, you are suggesting Jeff Co. schedule harder OOC games so that they are "battle tested?" I am not sure if you remember, but either last year or two years ago, they had (as previously mentioned) Greeneville and Bearden on their OOC schedule and lost both. That year they went 5-5 (I think) and ended up missing the playoffs after a loss to William Blount, Mo West, and Sevier Co. Now it would seem to me that the coaches understood that they have no control over the conference schedule and they can control the out of conference schedule. They missed the playoffs by 1 game. So logic should be clear in selecting weaker opponents to minimize the risk of missing... So by your logic, you are saying that you would rather play good, play-off capable teams in the regular season and risk missing the post season? Or would you rather make the play-offs and have a chance at a somewhat decent seed and at least give your team a chance to fight?

5-5 looks a lot worse than 8-3 or 9-3. Truth.

Even though the IMAC cannot claim the depth of some of the knoxville, nashville, or memphis conferences, that is to be expected. Morristown West is looking very good this year. Sevier Co. is routinely good, Cocke Co. is definitely on their way up from the cellar, Seymour has never been overwhelmingly good, but they play in a lot of hard fought games, Cherokee is up to respectability again. Morristown East and South Doyle aren't very good this year, but that's the game... not every school can be good, not every conference can be a power conference. Coming from the aforementioned Farragut, Catholic, Bearden, Maryville...etc. district, I know how hard it was to win, not in just football, but every single sport. But for a team with the post season as a hit or miss thing for the past 5+ years, the scheduling makes perfect sense. Now if you support Jeff Co, quit dissing the program. You and your band of "hatriots" or whatever the "real" jeff co. faithful like to call them, are a cancer to a program that is trying to come out of the ashes.

Edited by Irish423

4Life you talk about Jefferson Co like they are somehow State Contenders every year when in fact there has only been a couple of seasons in the past decade that they have had a decent record. You actually finished 50% or less half of those 10 years. Other 6A teams out of your conference probably won't waist their time scheduling Jeff County for that reason. Why don't you wait till your team at least wins the majority of the (what you consider) WEAK games on their schedule before you start cryin to play the heavy hitters like DB and Oakridge. :thumb:

Edited by Cap1

you are correct as it was the big east. you also picked up such powers as Karns and Cambell county?? thats stepping out there. They also took 4 to the state which was 50%. that has changed. DB is the only comp we lost. Sevier county stayed on and until this year we kept Beardon. If you look at Beardon vs Tenn High. TH is stronger this year.. your point is?

Edited by patpride1