Clinton vs. Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we're healthy for week #1 against the Dragons. I'm looking forward to how much we improve this next week of practice. Does anyone agree we should be an option team fulltime???

I know this much. Clinton will put 8 men on the line and shut down our running. If they have a QB at all he will complete a bunch of passes on us because we're gonna' give them a 10 yrd cushion. We've played like that in the secondary in every single game for the past 4 years, I don't see a change comming there. And we've seen every single team we've played for the past 4 years load up the line on us because we can't pass the ball. We should still win this game but it won't be easy without a different approch. I know we're young but we should be alot futher along than this.

Speaking of throwing, what's the deal with Cook, anyway? From what I saw of him last year I was looking forward to seeing him sling it around this year, but it sounded like he couldn't throw it in the ocean last night. I listened to the Farragut radio broadcast and they mentioned his accuracy problems a couple of times. Said one time he had Forman all alone and threw it 5 yards behind him. Hopefully just first game as a starter jitters.

Chris will be just fine. Pretty decent free safety had something to do with a few of those last night including the overthrow to foreman, not behind him. A couple of misreads that can be attributed to first game jitters and will correct with a look at the film of how wide open the check down receiver was. Any QB will tell you that learning to time the progression is a feel thing and takes a minute or two to get comfortable. Chris throws it good and will be fine.

As for 8 in the box, from my view, there was 8 in the box bout all last night and we rammed it down their throat. That first scoring drive had to be 20 plays. The only time the tribe stalled was when we got inpatient and tried to throw it. When that wasn't successful, it left 2nd or 3rd and long situations. Farragut was pretty physical up front, they had a hand in some of the throws being off a bit too. I like our chances when we pound the rock! The passing game is there. But our personality is to run the ball and we do that pretty good. By the way, we won the game last night because Farragut was gassed in the 4th. Our kids still had a spring in their step. Like it or not, pretty or not, cushion or whatever else you want to say...went to west Knoxville on opening night with a ton of new kids as a decided underdog by every media source in east Tennessee, battled the traffic, the weather, the heat and the Admirals...only gave up 7 to a senior led offense and won the ballgame. I'd say that's a decent start.

Do u recommend any good places to eat?

All within 1 mile of the stadium:

Johnny Brusco's Pizza, nice place, good pizza, Eastman road

Cheddars, one of the best resturants in town, get there early there will be a waiting line, Eastman road

Appelbee's, good place to eat, corner or Stone drive and Eastman road

The Chop House, upscale, "very good" Eastman road

Golden Corral, big supporter's of DB football, good place to eat, Eastman road

Ming Garden Chinese Restraunt, best Chinese resturant in the Tri-Cities, within sight of the stadium, Eastman road

Five Guys Hamburgers & Fries, good place, off Eastman road behind Cheddars

McAlister's Deli, good place to eat, East Stone Commons across the street from Cheddars on Eastman road

Buffalo Wild Wings, turn right off Eastman road onto Stone Drive about 1/4 mile on the right, get there early there will be a waiting line

If your in a hurry theres a Burger King on Eastman road within sight of the stadium or a McDonalds about 1mi. up on the right on Fort Henry Dr. For the best fast food anywhere drive through Pals (within sight of the stadium) on Fort Henry Dr. A Big Pal, fries and Big Tea is the ticket, Hot Dogs are awsome. Theres a small park beside the stadium with a few picnick tables in the trees.

If this won't do it you better pack your lunch :)

Edited by WaCoJaCo

All within 1 mile of the stadium:

Johnny Brusco's Pizza, nice place, good pizza, Eastman road

Cheddars, one of the best resturants in town, get there early there will be a waiting line, Eastman road

Appelbee's, good place to eat, corner or Stone drive and Eastman road

The Chop House, upscale, "very good" Eastman road

Golden Corral, big supporter's of DB football, good place to eat, Eastman road

Ming Garden Chinese Restraunt, best Chinese resturant in the Tri-Cities, within sight of the stadium, Eastman road

Five Guys Hamburgers & Fries, good place, off Eastman road behind Cheddars

McAlister's Deli, good place to eat, East Stone Commons across the street from Cheddars on Eastman road

Buffalo Wild Wings, turn right off Eastman road onto Stone Drive about 1/4 mile on the right, get there early there will be a waiting line

If your in a hurry theres a Burger King on Eastman road within sight of the stadium or a McDonalds about 1mi. up on the left on Fort Henry Dr. For the best fast food anywhere drive through Pals (within sight of the stadium) on Fort Henry Dr. A Big Pal, fries and Big Tea is the ticket, Hot Dogs are awsome. Theres a small park beside the stadium with a few picnick tables in the trees.

If this won't do it you better pack your lunch :)

Thanks! Chop House and Cheddars are 2 of my favorites....gonna have to flip a coin it looks like!

40-point blow-out for D.B.

I believe this year won't produce big point games like last year. You have to understand how much we lost last year. A QB who both rushed and passed for 1000 yds. in the same season. We also graduated the programs all time rusher in Chris Sensabaugh along with a couple other athletes with great talent. This year looks like it's the Swafford show,but i beleive Cook is the player who has to produce to get things going in the right direction. We need him to produce just as Seabolt did last year for us to be successful. Anyway, i just hope the coaching realizes what i think we need to do. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!