Clinton vs. Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

Feel bad for Dragon; long road trip back. Hang in there buddy! Were behind you. As for the team they are really going to have to get there act together really fast now. They better not let CCHS beat them that would be a slap in the face. It up to Oak Ridge to win the first game of course Mavericks are playing too so they have a second shot at winning the first Anderson County game. I know DB is good but........ well just but! Come on Dragons pull yourself up!

I will be surprised if this team wins more than 2 games this yr. Hopefully, our starting qb will be back next week. Our qb is doing the best he can under the circumstances, but our lack of a passing game makes it harder to run the ball too.

I think we only had 1 first down ALL night long and finished in the negative on yardage. This team and coaching staff has alot of work to do.

Good luck to DB the rest of the season!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much to say, speed was a MAJOR difference. I think if the Trammell kid had carried the ball 2 more times in the 4th D-B might have had 400 yrds. rushing. He's going to be a good 1. Also good luck to the Dragons the rest of the year...a classy bunch of people. :thumb:

Edited by SPEAR24

Good luck to the Dragons from here on out. I hope you can get this season turned around and the ship righted. But with all due respect to the Clinton Dragon program, this game does nothing for DB and needs to be dropped. They brought very few fans (maybe 50) and thus very little cash was donated to the Fred. And the competition was such that the starters did not get to play even half the game and the continuous clock made it difficult for the 2s and 3s to get significant time to really work. The Dragon D didn't put up enough fight for the DB O to have any sustained drives. Do we really think this team will be able to jump into conference play or the playoffs and have 3 TDs after only 3 touches of the ball? After 2 games I'm not sure anyone really knows where the team is. Needless to say I am disappointed with this game being on the schedule. Would it not have been a better option to pick up North? or Gate City? or Greeneville? Those would have taken care of the gate (known as $$$) and any of those would have been a stiffer test. And it would have also saved on travel cost which is the reason why this situation was forced upon them. Greeneville picked up Alcoa...Science Hill picked up Greeneville. If someone in the know can tell me how DB can't pick up a game like that then by all means enlighten me.

And let's be honest...the Big 8 is not looking very tough this season as we have seen from the success out of the league so far (3-8) with 2 of those wins not being too strong (DB over Clinton and THS over Johnson County).

Good luck to the Dragons from here on out. I hope you can get this season turned around and the ship righted. But with all due respect to the Clinton Dragon program, this game does nothing for DB and needs to be dropped. They brought very few fans (maybe 50) and thus very little cash was donated to the Fred. And the competition was such that the starters did not get to play even half the game and the continuous clock made it difficult for the 2s and 3s to get significant time to really work. The Dragon D didn't put up enough fight for the DB O to have any sustained drives. Do we really think this team will be able to jump into conference play or the playoffs and have 3 TDs after only 3 touches of the ball? After 2 games I'm not sure anyone really knows where the team is. Needless to say I am disappointed with this game being on the schedule. Would it not have been a better option to pick up North? or Gate City? or Greeneville? Those would have taken care of the gate (known as $$$) and any of those would have been a stiffer test. And it would have also saved on travel cost which is the reason why this situation was forced upon them. Greeneville picked up Alcoa...Science Hill picked up Greeneville. If someone in the know can tell me how DB can't pick up a game like that then by all means enlighten me.

And let's be honest...the Big 8 is not looking very tough this season as we have seen from the success out of the league so far (3-8) with 2 of those wins not being too strong (DB over Clinton and THS over Johnson County).

Without getting into a battle, I will give you a short answer. 4years ago, 3 seasons, when the conference realignment was forced, there was a mad struggle for games. Everybody needed games and all were trying to hook up. Scheduling is hard because you can only schedule people who have weeks avialable that are the same as your week available. In other words, IF we replace Clinton, we can only put put feelers to teams that have an opening on their schedule on week 1. The district schedule is set first, then you can fill in. By the time these other schools, Oak Ridge for example, sets their regular schedule, then schedules natural rivals, like Farragut or Anderson co., then they have one week left open. If that week matches ours, it's easy, if not, you go look somewhere else. Also, it matters whether you need a home game, to make 5 or if you can give an away date since you may already have 5.

Most contracts are 2 years, home and home. When we first played Clinton, they were loaded and they called us! If you recall, they beat us at home that year. The schedule has worked but Clinton lost a Coach that had them on the rise and their best up and coming back to a family job transfer. This year they have complete new staff and their strting QB is out til at least next week. A good and decent program in some tough times!

Size matters! No offense to the local schools, but year in, year out, db has 200 kids and nobody else but JC is even close. Greeneville, gate city, north....etc. Have solid teams on occasion that compete with and sometimes beat db. Every year scheduling, it is tough for the smaller schools to compete.

Finally, and most controversially, not everybody wants to play us. For different reasons. Some of the local guys don't want the idea having to play us due to us being a big school and the relative unfairness of that. Some in Knox see it as though their schedule is hard enough in conference to make the playoffs, they need a win on their out of conference game, not a stiff challenge from db. Others down there see no reason to spend the money to come all the way to Kingsport when they have good rivals and competition much closer. In fact, a few of the schools know we need games against good competition and choose not to play us the in season in lieu of us just getting to play them in the playoffs, if

at all.

Scheduling is tough. Effort is made to use the regular season to get prepared. Not many choices in east Tennessee. If you have to go much past Knoxville, you possibly have to spend the night, big bucks, or you get no gate because few fans will travel that far.

Not trying to pick a battle with anyone and most all of these points are generalizations. Please don't shoot the messenger!

Without getting into a battle, I will give you a short answer. 4years ago, 3 seasons, when the conference realignment was forced, there was a mad struggle for games. Everybody needed games and all were trying to hook up. Scheduling is hard because you can only schedule people who have weeks avialable that are the same as your week available. In other words, IF we replace Clinton, we can only put put feelers to teams that have an opening on their schedule on week 1. The district schedule is set first, then you can fill in. By the time these other schools, Oak Ridge for example, sets their regular schedule, then schedules natural rivals, like Farragut or Anderson co., then they have one week left open. If that week matches ours, it's easy, if not, you go look somewhere else. Also, it matters whether you need a home game, to make 5 or if you can give an away date since you may already have 5.

Most contracts are 2 years, home and home. When we first played Clinton, they were loaded and they called us! If you recall, they beat us at home that year. The schedule has worked but Clinton lost a Coach that had them on the rise and their best up and coming back to a family job transfer. This year they have complete new staff and their strting QB is out til at least next week. A good and decent program in some tough times!

Size matters! No offense to the local schools, but year in, year out, db has 200 kids and nobody else but JC is even close. Greeneville, gate city, north....etc. Have solid teams on occasion that compete with and sometimes beat db. Every year scheduling, it is tough for the smaller schools to compete.

Finally, and most controversially, not everybody wants to play us. For different reasons. Some of the local guys don't want the idea having to play us due to us being a big school and the relative unfairness of that. Some in Knox see it as though their schedule is hard enough in conference to make the playoffs, they need a win on their out of conference game, not a stiff challenge from db. Others down there see no reason to spend the money to come all the way to Kingsport when they have good rivals and competition much closer. In fact, a few of the schools know we need games against good competition and choose not to play us the in season in lieu of us just getting to play them in the playoffs, if

at all.

Scheduling is tough. Effort is made to use the regular season to get prepared. Not many choices in east Tennessee. If you have to go much past Knoxville, you possibly have to spend the night, big bucks, or you get no gate because few fans will travel that far.

Not trying to pick a battle with anyone and most all of these points are generalizations. Please don't shoot the messenger!

169092693_6b95765eff.jpg

Edited by DBGRAD70