Clinton vs. Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

I figured you guys would have mentioned this already, but QB Cook broke his arm and is out 6 weeks. What's the word on the backup situation?

Foreman good to go. Hate to hear of any injury that causes them to miss games after working so hard through the summer. At least it's a bone and not a joint or ligament tear. Wishing a speedy recovery.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured you guys would have mentioned this already, but QB Cook broke his arm and is out 6 weeks. What's the word on the backup situation?

Cook practiced all week and looks good. His arm is not broken. The only injury the Tribe has right now is Will Glasscock at OLB. John McCord filled in pretty dang good during Farragut so we should be fine.

Cook practiced all week and looks good. His arm is not broken. The only injury the Tribe has right now is Will Glasscock at OLB. John McCord filled in pretty dang good during Farragut so we should be fine.

Good to hear, and I hope you're more reliable than my source. Love to hear that John did well, I really enjoyed watching his older brother play.

I am a true cat...born and raised. If you look at my previous post you'll see that I clearly said everytime I have been at your first class facility, DB fans always have the same thing to say. Really, we are on point here, I have a great respect for your school, and especially your fans, just not your schedule. As a true cat, it IS frustrating to hear DB folks comparing wins/loses with other teams that clearly play much harder schedule wether it's DB's fault or not.

Maybe Boise State is stuck with their schedule as well... but that still doesn't make them a BCS team.

As far as a sense of humor.....golly..... can't we just get along!!!!

[/

Well...the only comparison of wins that I will bring up to you is when DB has played or will play OR. You either know, or can look it up. As for Boise St, that's fine, except that we all play in the same tournament at the end. If you win, great, if we don't, that's fine too...but your argument is some sour grapes. You are the one that called out our AD...not sure how you can "respect our fans and our school" but be frustrated bout comparing wins and losses...fact is, your lil Boise St. thing don't fly because if they had the same tournament as HS football, there would be no need for BCS as you throw out.

You want to give me grief about not winning a State title since going to the tournament system, have at it. It bugs the crap out of me! But your lil tirade got called out, might better try another route. If we are fortunate enough to find OR on our schedule sometime toward the end of this season, records won't make any difference and neither will a past schedule.

42-0 half Wow!

Yeah the first half was about as ugly as it could get for Clinton. DB scored 3 TD's in the first 5 minutes of the game on its first two offensive plays and a punt return, and it didn't get much better from there. The speed differential at the skill positions looks to be tremendous, Clinton's line is getting overwhelmed by DB on both sides of the ball, and Clinton just doesn't have any answers so far. God bless the Clinton fans who drove all the way up here and are still watching this one.

Yeah the first half was about as ugly as it could get for Clinton. DB scored 3 TD's in the first 5 minutes of the game on its first two offensive plays and a punt return, and it didn't get much better from there. The speed differential at the skill positions looks to be tremendous, Clinton's line is getting overwhelmed by DB on both sides of the ball, and Clinton just doesn't have any answers so far. God bless the Clinton fans who drove all the way up here and are still watching this one.

Oh My LORD....This may be the worst Clinton team ever. IDK though, OR beat Clinton 74-0 in 2005. I feel bad for Dragon92 and the rest of the Clinton faithful.

Oh My LORD....This may be the worst Clinton team ever. IDK though, OR beat Clinton 74-0 in 2005. I feel bad for Dragon92 and the rest of the Clinton faithful.

The score in these types of games is usually a function of how long the winning team leaves its starters in. This game would have been at least 56-0 at the half if DB hadn't played the third string after the sixth TD. But it's not Clark's style to humiliate anyone, nor should it be. (Not saying you guys were doing that in '05 BTW; it may be you were deep enough and they were bad enough that year that your 3rd & 4th string scored a lot of those points).

Feel bad for Dragon; long road trip back. Hang in there buddy! Were behind you. As for the team they are really going to have to get there act together really fast now. They better not let CCHS beat them that would be a slap in the face. It up to Oak Ridge to win the first game of course Mavericks are playing too so they have a second shot at winning the first Anderson County game. I know DB is good but........ well just but! Come on Dragons pull yourself up!

Well after two games now I still can't figure out what we got as a team. Looked alot sharper tonight for sure even though it looked like Clinton wasn't giving it 100%. Maybe Swafford run right off the bat took all the air out of them. All the ones looked very good what little time they spent on the field. Cook had his timing down tonight. He's going to be alright. Foreman got to turn the jets on a couple times. Linebackers got after it pretty good. They should make Gilliam line up 10yrds. back. Its just not fair. Come Sunday everybody needs to shake this game and focus on South. Their gonna' come in and play smash mouth football because they think thats what worked for them last year (in a loss). Need to get ready for a hard hitting game. Mr. Haynie has put out the word so don't expect South fans to be on here running their pie holes.