Henry County @ Beech

RedSwarm10

The YANKER speaks!!! The YANKER speaks!!! As usual, my friends from Henryland cannot stand prosperity...RW and the Prez are at it over "stars"...STARS...WHO CARES ABOUT STARS??? Why can you people not just get along??? Where is the hapless anti-prophet...where is the moronic Team Mom...where is the Horn Man????? Either way, HC should prevail this week...and HOW ABOUT THEM JCM COUGARS?????? HC is wise to have avoided us this season...this YANKER'S advice...KEEP DUCKING US!!!!! Tomorrow night's scores...HC 27-Beech 7...JCM 20-Northside 13........I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior, before you get yourself worked up into a lather, let me enlighten you on two things. Our coach, Anthony Crabtree, is not legendary. He is a very good high school coach that we are tickled to death to have. He's won 3 or 4 district championships and a state championship in the 5 or 6 years he's been here. (with NO D-1 players, I might add) Second, GWAVE is a Gallatin poster, which should be obvious by his name (and one that I enjoy reading), not a Beech poster. So when you refer to his coach you are referring to Robert Lassiter.

Just a point of clarification, several players from the state championship team were highly recruited though that doesn't always mean getting offers for scholarships and doesn't mean they have to be "D-1" schools. Jonathan Sites (LB) from that team did sign with Carson-Newman (D-2) and Jarod Neal (QB) signed with UT Martin (D-1, FCS division). There are others that are getting opportunities, Max Zinchini (WR/DB) at UT Chattanooga, Christian Martinez (OL) at Morehead. Travis Haymer (RB) was heavily recruited, but had grade issues, but could surface somewhere if he gets those settled, probably through a JUCO program. The important part is that these young men are getting an education and using their football ability to pay for it. The odds of an NFL career are long for any player, but these young men from Beech or any other school, can enhance their lives by getting their education provided by getting it done on and off the field and in the classroom.

Edited by sportsobserver

It's never happened. In the Fall of 1992..the AAA "state championship game" was played in Paris in the form of the Semi-Finals against the Gallatin Green Wave...a game Calvin Short's team won due to a special teams mishap resulting in a Safety...and.going on the next week to blank Clinton 31-0 in the State Championship game. In 2007 (i think)..the Maplewood Panthers ended our season in overtime...due to a Patriot turnover at the end of regulation inside the Panther 15 yd line during a tie game...followed by a "Patriot procedure penalty" in overtime after our first score...causing the Patriots to "kick" the extra point...the Panthers scored on their overtime possession...went for two and broke each of our little "Big Red" hearts...winning an excellent football game. The next week..the Panthers "took it to" the Rebels of Maryville in Cookeville in front of the entire state!..again crushing the football spirits of Patriot fans!...Each of the other semi-final appearances..the Burros of Hillsboro ended our season...once in VERY convincing fashion..i believe that was 2006!

In short..the only "Gold Ball" we have is from a "conference championship" from the Mid-70's!

The Maplewood - Maryville game was played In Murfreesboro and to call the semifinal game a "state championship" is a stretch, especially if one is a Clinton fan.

The Maplewood - Maryville game was played In Murfreesboro and to call the semifinal game a "state championship" is a stretch, especially if one is a Clinton fan.

may be a stretch to call it "a state championship" but I'm not a Clinton fan..nor was I the head coach at Gallatin..however, those are the words spoken by the State Champion coach Calvin Short..I figured since he has the gold ball...and he's the one that first spoke those words...I feel it to be especially accurate!

The YANKER speaks!!! The YANKER speaks!!! As usual, my friends from Henryland cannot stand prosperity...RW and the Prez are at it over "stars"...STARS...WHO CARES ABOUT STARS??? Why can you people not just get along??? Where is the hapless anti-prophet...where is the moronic Team Mom...where is the Horn Man????? Either way, HC should prevail this week...and HOW ABOUT THEM JCM COUGARS?????? HC is wise to have avoided us this season...this YANKER'S advice...KEEP DUCKING US!!!!! Tomorrow night's scores...HC 27-Beech 7...JCM 20-Northside 13........I AM THE WORLD'S ONLY LIVING YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howdy Yanker! Glad that your Cougars won last week and hope they can do it again. I don't think that JCM will pull right out of their hole just yet, but maybe. And no worries, HC isn't ducking anyone. JCM won't be able to schedule us anytime soon, and quite frankly, don't think they want to! But for you Yanker, I will root for JCM to beat Northside.

Patriot Frosh beat South Gibson 30-0 tonight. Great looking bunch of Freshmen, perhaps the best ever here.Numbers, size, and speed in abundance.Dickson County arrives next Thursday.Also, Inman beat Paducah Tilghman Middle In a yawner at Grove field.

GO BIG RED

Olddevil...you are correct..(as usual)...however, I'd like to add Monday's game at Milan featuring the Patriot JV squad also saw a lopside victory over the Bulldogs 40-0. It's been a very good week for Patriot fans...let's see if we can pick up one more over the Bucaneers tomorrow!

Patriot Frosh beat South Gibson 30-0 tonight. Great looking bunch of Freshmen, perhaps the best ever here.Numbers, size, and speed in abundance.Dickson County arrives next Thursday.Also, Inman beat Paducah Tilghman Middle In a yawner at Grove field.

GO BIG RED

Indeed. I've been following Inman closely. Let me just say that if the previous two years are any indication, then I'm not at all surprised that the freshmen look very good so far. We will have some special players come out of that bunch.

Also, Harrelson has some very good looking talent this year.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but is it just me, or do the feeder schools look even better than they did 5-6 years ago?

Indeed. I've been following Inman closely. Let me just say that if the previous two years are any indication, then I'm not at all surprised that the freshmen look very good so far. We will have some special players come out of that bunch.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but is it just me, or do the feeder schools look even better than they did 5-6 years ago?

Absolutely!!!

GO BIG RED

Tonight will be a good test for Henry County, but I see the Patriots beating the Bucs 35 - 21 in a good game. Watched Beech scrimmage Greenbrier a few weeks ago, and their RB is tough to tackle. However, if the Patriot defense is like it was last year against us, the Bucs will have a tough night. They pound the ball, and dont throw it very well.

If the region can represent well tonight we can shut up all the critics about who region is tougher. With Henry Co, Dickson, Springfield, Clarksville High, and Northeast we have a great argument, Their region in my eyes only have Gallatin, Hendersonville, and Mt. Juliet. Tonight we quiet them down until the playoffs I hope, and then send there region home with one of our own making state.

Would love to see the Jackets go, but word on the street is the Patriots are primed for a run. Guess we will see if Patriot Nation continues to dominate in 3 weeks, or if Yellow Jacket Pride finally breaks the streak. You really got to love this region!

The 9th grade team and middle school squads have some serious talent. There are even some promising young players in the youth football league because of the popularity of HC football. It has given the youth a sense of pride to play for HC so more kids are signing up to play than ever.

The 9th grade team and middle school squads have some serious talent. There are even some promising young players in the youth football league because of the popularity of HC football. It has given the youth a sense of pride to play for HC so more kids are signing up to play than ever.

I agree with you SEC. I have said for years if we could ever get a winning tradition started here, the kids growing up would want to play for the Big Red. A prime example of this is the Milan Bulldog program. Those kids have been growing up wanting to be a bulldog since the 70's. Good luck tonight BIG RED !!!!!!!!!